PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Dobson get cut when LaFell returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not debatable that his injury impacted his contribution, which is why calling him a bust and consequently criticizing the Patriots scouts for failing to anticipate such an injury is ridiculous.

Do you realize how many NFL players suffer MAJOR injuries and still go on to have productive careers? Dobson was healthy enough to even play through the injury in the 2014 AFCCG; he did reaggravate it, and it clearly effected him back then, but let's stop acting like he has his foot amputated. You have guys playing through huge injuries all the time.

The injury DID impact his contribution towards the latter half of the 2013 season and possibly the beginning of the 2014 season. What exactly does it have to do with his career since he has been healthy?

Every player the Patriots have ever drafted has at least one injury that impacted their contribution at some point.

Do you realize how many NFL players suffer MAJOR injuries and still go on to have productive careers? Dobson was healthy enough to even play through the injury in the 2014 AFCCG; he did reaggravate it, and it clearly effected him back then, but let's stop acting like he has his foot amputated. You have guys playing through huge injuries all the time.

And others have MAJOR injuries that end their careers - all of which has nothing to do with Dobson specifically.

Your telling me Odell Beckham, Antonio brown, Hakeem Nicks in his prime wouldn't produce here? Brady would find a way to make it work with talents like that, trust me

Hakeem Nicks is a first rounder who is out of the league at age 27. I think you might not be making the best argument for your position here.

What happened to Nicks? He was balling with the giants for two years.

Hakeem Nicks is a first rounder who is out of the league at age 27. I think you might not be making the best argument for your position here.

You realize that one of the reasons Nicks is unemployed is that injuries, including a foot injury that required surgery (sounds familiar), took away a good portion of his game, right?

I ask because the poster you quoted specifically referred to Nicks in his prime, which he has clearly already passed.

You realize that one of the reasons Nicks is unemployed is that injuries, including a foot injury that required surgery (sounds familiar), took away a good portion of his game, right?

I ask because the poster you quoted specifically referred to Nicks in his prime, which he has clearly already passed.

I would strongly suggest not arguing with him. You won't get anywhere.

Please Bill no more drafting project WRs from average schools. Draft highly Productive, Proven, wide receivers from big schools whom produced against elite defensive backs in college.

You do realize that your scouting method would result in misses on Jerry Rice and Randy Moss--the two greatest to ever play the position--and hits on Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, Chad Jackson and countless other busts, right? WR is one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult, positions to project, for BB or anyone else, and I don't think your method provides a solution.

Nicks was in for a workout today ........

At least Dobson has produced. Jackson did absolutely nothing.

I don't think Martin is a stretch the field guy. Seems like hes more a Troy Brown/Deion Branch type

Martin is supposed to be fast. He ran a 4.45. Brady hasn't thrown any deep balls his way so who knows how well he is at tracking balls.

I thought Dobson was pretty good at tracking deep balls. He just had trouble coming down with them.

Coincidentally, I think Slater for as fast as he is, has to be the worst WR I've ever seen at tracking deep balls. He looks like Manny in left field tracking fly balls.

Martin is supposed to be fast. He ran a 4.45. Brady hasn't thrown any deep balls his way so who knows how well he is at tracking balls.

I thought Dobson was pretty good at tracking deep balls. He just had trouble coming down with them.

Coincidentally, I think Slater for as fast as he is, has to be the worst WR I've ever seen at tracking deep balls. He looks like Manny in left field tracking fly balls.

Yep. Martin does have some speed. His longest catch of his career is 32 yards so he seems more like a Jabaar Gaffney type to me- which is good!

Yea Dobson has the yips. He was smooth when he got here. I have no idea what happened to him.

Manny=Slater...LOL

Notice I said "prime". Did you see Nicks in his prime? I did. He was amazing. Some players age quickly, Nicks had a short prime. He was very elite in the 2-3 year period. Injuries derailed his career. If the patriots had Nicks in 2011, they beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.

You do realize that your scouting method would result in misses on Jerry Rice and Randy Moss--the two greatest to ever play the position--and hits on Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, Chad Jackson and countless other busts, right? WR is one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult, positions to project, for BB or anyone else, and I don't think your method provides a solution.

I said highly productive. Moss scored 54 touchdowns in 2 seasons, an NCAA record. That's productive

No. Not sure what's going on with Slater getting snaps over him though.
Slater played 3 plays. Two were kneel downs. One was an end of half fly pattern. This is Slater's role.

Given that LaFell is returning from being injured, I see no reason to cut Dobson to keep our defensive roster spots at 28. We can afford to have another two players on offense (LaFell and Stork).

Slater played 3 plays. Two were kneel downs. One was an end of half fly pattern. This is Slater's role.
It would be more concerning if slater had snaps over him when Dobson was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots