PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Devin McCourty belong at FS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'm not ignoring that at all. I've never made the claim that McCourty was beaten on every play. That's just a red herring you're tossing out there.

You're becoming more like Ray Ray with every post on this topic. Again, CB play, like QB play, is not 100% or nothing. To take it to an extreme in the way you're arguing, if a CB in for 15 plays, is beaten without a throw on 5 of those plays, is beaten for a TD on 5 of those plays and comes up with an INT on the other 5 plays, the QB had a really bad day if he's Cromartie and a great day if he's McCourty.

Fitzgerald was lying, and so was his coach. You saw every snap and followed it with the man acknowledged to be the world's greatest CB film analyst. Got it. :bricks:

Hello Kettle, this is the Pot, you are black.

You can be the same pompous arse who needs to discredit anyone who disagrees with you. I am sure if Bedard says that McCourty sucks this Sunday, you will be touting how he is the best analyst in this town because he disagrees with you.

Unlike you, I don't see this issue as black and white. I never said McCourty had a great game. I acknowledged that sometimes he played great, but he had some really bad plays too. I would give him a B- overall. You have say he sucked all year even though no one has passed on him before Flacco.

I think we are done here. You don't play well with others because you can never admit you are wrong about anything.

Hello Kettle, this is the Pot, you are black.

You can be the same pompous arse who needs to discredit anyone who disagrees with you.

I wasn't the one making the initial claim. You were. So tossing the pot/kettle thing is a bit of slight-of-hand on your part.

I am sure if Bedard says that McCourty sucks this Sunday, you will be touting how he is the best analyst in this town because he disagrees with you.

Why would I suddenly change how I post? I acknowledge my position on the reporters regardless of any particular comment they may make. Bedard is hit and miss. Reiss is a good reporter and a pretty lousy analyst. Curran's a guy who doesn't mind playing the clown a little bit, and who is sometimes right and sometimes wildly wrong. Perillo generally does a fair job, but he tends to soft soap it a bit too much because he's a Patriots employee.

None of that is going to change next week.

Unlike you, I don't see this issue as black and white. I never said McCourty had a great game. I acknowledged that sometimes he played great, but he had some really bad plays too. I would give him a B- overall. You have say he sucked all year even though no one has passed on him before Flacco.

1.) You've made crap arguments.

2.) If this were Cromartie, you'd be killing him. Because it's a Patriots player and you're a homer, you're defending a guy who got smoked like salmon.

3.) I never said that McCourty sucked all year. That's another flat-out lie you're telling.

I think we are done here. You don't play well with others because you can never admit you are wrong about anything.

1.) You've claimed to be done multiple times. You keep coming back. I have no desire to repeat the same things on this subject, but you keep repeating the same fallacious and/or misleading arguments.

2.) When I'm wrong, I admit it. I've done it time and again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back