PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Darryl Richard make the team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson is very good at penetrating, Based on what I have seen he isn't as good against the run. That may change in subsequent games but that is what I saw.

Anderson is a LOCK it seems. Check my thread.

Does Jermaine really have the speed to be an OLB or can he be an effective DE? I don't think so, but I would like to keep Jermaine... it all depends how well he does in TC. He showed up a disappointment as Reis explained (I made that thread that went on forever). Richard is the better fit right now in present time. Cuningham is prolly going no where either based on what u said. Richard better make the team:cool:

Moore is imposing and I liked what I saw from him. Cunningham was less effective than Moore

Last edited:
I think so for now...

Has Cunningham looked good in TC?
Have you graded his play in camp?

Jermaine has the higher potential over Anderson and moore... but look @ the Vernon Gholston's of the world that had the same if not better potential. What about Crable the FABLE to he had very high potential.
So how Cunningham will play in the NFL is based upon 2 guys you thought were supposed to be good who have done less in their entire careers than Cunningham did as a rookie without an exhibition season?

I think Jermaine almost fits right into that category.]
Why? Because those are 2 names you could think of who failed, so he must be like them to fit your argument? He is nothing like those 2 guys.

IDK yet, but I am playing for this year if he is gone he can be replaced next year w/ a round 1 stud:) just my 2 cents
Right, lets draft a guy in the 2nd round, have him start and play well as a rookie, then cut him in his second year to play a castoff so we can use a first round pick next year. Where do you get this stuff from?

Based on what?

Does Jermaine really have the speed to be an OLB or can he be an effective DE? I don't think so,
What in the world are you talking about.

but I would like to keep Jermaine... it all depends how well he does in TC. He showed up a disappointment as Reis explained (I made that thread that went on forever). Richard is the better fit right now in present time. Cuningham is prolly going no where either based on what u said. Richard better make the team:cool:
They play different positions. Richard is a longshot to make the roster and be inactive every week.

Moore is imposing and I liked what I saw from him. Cunningham was less effective than Moore
That pretty much answers the question of whether you have any football knowledge or not.

Does Jermaine really have the speed to be an OLB or can he be an effective DE? I don't think so, but I would like to keep Jermaine... it all depends how well he does in TC. He showed up a disappointment as Reis explained (I made that thread that went on forever). Richard is the better fit right now in present time. Cuningham is prolly going no where either based on what u said. Richard better make the team:cool:

Cunningham had a very good all around game against the Jags.

I think Anderson can be a significant player, but he is strictly a role player, Cunningham is the better all around LB as is Moore, based on what they showed on Fri against the Jack 1st O starters.

Have you graded his play in camp?

So how Cunningham will play in the NFL is based upon 2 guys you thought were supposed to be good who have done less in their entire careers than Cunningham did as a rookie without an exhibition season?

Why? Because those are 2 names you could think of who failed, so he must be like them to fit your argument? He is nothing like those 2 guys.

Right, lets draft a guy in the 2nd round, have him start and play well as a rookie, then cut him in his second year to play a castoff so we can use a first round pick next year. Where do you get this stuff from?

I base it on potentials it is a mere comparison to 2 guys that failed w/ the same if not higher potential. I say carry the extra couple D guys over the Special Team gym heroes:cool: I like Cunningham it is tough to say what to do. Too bad we can't hide him, but he already practiced

Last edited:
Couldn't Anderson be starting, or at least playing the majority of the game at DE against passing teams without a strong running game? I think that's how he'll be used if he's as good a player as he played Thursday.
I think he weakness vs the run relegates him to sub packages.
Lets see him play against guys who will be on an NFL field this year before we project Thursday into real play.

I base it on potentials it is a mere comparison to 2 guys that failed w/ the same if not higher potential. I say carry the extra couple D guys over the Special Team gym heroes:cool:
So everyone who comes to the league with high expectations is going to fail because Gholston and Crable did?
If Vernon Gholston and Shawn Crable has become auto mechanics instead of football players they would have the same impact on Jermaine Cunninghams future, and on your argument.

PS can you please delete than annoying video tagline?

Well my lying eyes said that Cunningham had a good night last Thurs. I hate to throw cold water on your thread or Mike Reiss, but that's what my eyes told me.

Also Cade Weston looked good, better than Love or Richard, but considering the competition, I won't say any of those make the team.

So everyone who comes to the league with high expectations is going to fail because Gholston and Crable did?
If Vernon Gholston and Shawn Crable has become auto mechanics instead of football players they would have the same impact on Jermaine Cunninghams future, and on your argument.

PS can you please delete than annoying video tagline?

Cunningham will stick. I am happy, but do not think he is that much of an upgrade compared to our situational guys. Jermaine won't bust like them... could he? perhaps. I just don't think JC is all that imposing and I hope I am wrong.

what tagline AJ? That is a movie not a VG Batman Begins was the movie if u refer to my sig?

Well my lying eyes said that Cunningham had a good night last Thurs. I hate to throw cold water on your thread or Mike Reiss, but that's what my eyes told me.

Also Cade Weston looked good, better than Love or Richard, but considering the competition, I won't say any of those make the team.

I thought Love played very well against the J'ville starters during the first qtr.

we must down size at other positions to carry more D. I ain't hating on JC. FYI I would love to keep extra D guys over O

I thought Love played very well against the J'ville starters during the first qtr.

he had 1 good play but was blocked several times when Jax picked up those rushing yards at the beginning of the game.

Andre Carter is a lock....he'll likely start. Anderson and Ellis also locks. They all will fill important roles no other player currently on the roster can.

Hard to see him making the team right now.

IMO 16 will be kept for the front 7 positions (9 for the DB's), my grouping so far.

This group are 'locks' IMO:

Spikes, Brandon
Guyton, Gary
Mayo, Jerod
Fletcher, Dane
Cunningham, Jermaine
Ninkovich, Rob
Wilfork, Vince
Haynesworth, Albert

8 from this list:

Probable:

Wright, Mike
Ellis, Shaun
Love, Kyle
Pryor, Myron
White, Tracy

Pryor according to camp reports has been a beast.

Wright based on returning from pre concussion form.

Love based on his work against the Jags #1 group, drawing consistent double teams

White as one of the best ST players.

Ellis based on his play the last time I saw him.

Bubble:
Carter, Andre
Anderson, Mark
Moore, Eric
Warren, Gerard

Moore performed well in game situations last year played well in last weeks game.

Anderson good as sub package pass rusher.

Warren performed well last year can fill multiple roles on line.

Carter track record as edge pass rusher, good reports from camp.

Outside looking in:

Deaderick, Brandon
Brace, Ron
Weston, Kade
Richard, Darryl
Cohen, Landon
Weston, Kade
Silvestro, Alex

Deaderick, some off the field and work ethic issues.

Brace, lots of injuries and conditioning issues.

Weston & Richard, caught in numbers game Love has been better so far.

Cohen showed promise but not good enough.

Silvestro, Tarpinian, m Carter PS bound?

Assessing the DL will be the most interesting part of the next 2 preseason games.

This of course doesn't include injury, How the staff views the balance between vets/young players. Out side the locks the list will be fluid. Which players could go on PS due to upside/progress.

Assuming that Ellis, Brace & Deaderick get off PUP of course.

he had 1 good play but was blocked several times when Jax picked up those rushing yards at the beginning of the game.

Love was doubled teamed on those plays, I believe it was Richard who was pushed out of the hole. Big diff occupying 2 blockers as opposed to 1 esp for a backup.

Daryl Dawkins and Keith Richards have a better chance of making the opening day roster :D

I've got two words for this thread: Practice Squad.

Cunningham will stick. I am happy, but do not think he is that much of an upgrade compared to our situational guys. Jermaine won't bust like them... could he? perhaps. I just don't think JC is all that imposing and I hope I am wrong.

what tagline AJ? That is a movie not a VG Batman Begins was the movie if u refer to my sig?
I'm talking about the annoying Chuck Norris video on the bottom of all your posts. I don't understand why it is relevant and it messes with viewing the thread.

I've learned that when we have a good preseason game that means that every low draft pick, UDFA or longshot to make the roster automatically played well, and every 'whipping boy' sucked.

Richard has no chance of making this team unless there is catastrophic injuries on the DL. I am sure BB is fiekding calls from the 16 teams that had scouts watching the game. Richard will be traded for a draft pick (not just a conditional pick either).

Love was doubled teamed on those plays, I believe it was Richard who was pushed out of the hole. Big diff occupying 2 blockers as opposed to 1 esp for a backup.
Thats not really how I saw it.
After reviewing the game again, I saw it differently than I did at first. We definitely were playing 43 under. It looked to me as if we were playing 1 gap on the weakside and 2 gap on the strong side.
The weakside DT was playing weakside should of the C and penetrating that C/G gap. You will always have a double or combination block on that guy. That doesnt indicate he played well, and in fact that player (who ever it happened to be throughout the game) seemed to do a poor job in play recognition, trying to split the blockers without paying attention to where the ball was.
In any event, just the fact that you are lined up in a position where the blocking scheme dictates doubling you does not mean you did well. Especially when the play goes for a large gain, because on those, that combo block turned into the G hitting the DT, the C controlling him and the G continuing out and engulfing the MLB.
I did not watch individual DLs close enough to grade who did what, but overall, I was not impressed by the run D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes