PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Connolly deserve the Center job back from Wendell when he returns?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who should be the starting center when Dan Connolly returns?

• Dan Connolly

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Ryan Wendell

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I like Connolly and thought he did an admirable job at Center when Koppen went on IR but Wendell's incredible numbers the past 2 games since starting at Center makes me wonder if its smart to bring Connolly back on the line at Center if he returns this week or soon?.

Wendell has allowed only 1 QB pressure/hit from 72 Pass play snaps which is outstanding

Should Connolly get his job back? or is Wendell the guy to ride on through December?.

Last edited:
I like Connolly and thought he did an admirable job at Center when Koppen went on IR but Wendell's incredible numbers the past 2 games since starting at Center makes me wonder if its smart to bring Connolly back on the line at Center if he returns this week or soon?.

Wendell has allowed only 1 QB pressure/hit from 72 Pass play snaps which is outstanding

Should Connolly get his job back? or is Wendell the guy to ride on through December?.

I'm lazy, could you make this a poll?

those numbers look off, even though they settled down after the beginning, i was sure a number of the sacks/pressures/hits on brady were up the middle

I didn't notice a difference when we went from Koppen to Connolly. I didn't notice a difference when we went from Connolly to Wendell. What's the difference?

those numbers look off, even though they settled down after the beginning, i was sure a number of the sacks/pressures/hits on brady were up the middle

I beleive those numbers came from Patriots.com so take it for what its worth

What's been the count of bad shotgun snaps?

And is that a problem of the past with Waters now responsible for determining when to snap on a silent count?

I didn't notice a difference when we went from Koppen to Connolly. I didn't notice a difference when we went from Connolly to Wendell. What's the difference?

I think Wendell has done a slightly better job in the run block scheme than both Connolly or Koppen,but it is only two games for Ryan so far but....

I have no idea. Since we don't have access to coaching game film and since we're blissfully ignorant of any blocking schemes by the OGs etc. that may have changed to compensate for either backup, our opinions are worthless.

I have no idea. Since we don't have access to coaching game film and since we're blissfully ignorant of any blocking schemes by the OGs etc. that may have changed to compensate for either backup, our opinions are worthless to Belichick,he does what he wants and pisses on what we think in a fan forum.

Changed it slightly for you :cool:

All I want is a healthy body in front of Brady that can get him the ball and sorta kinda help stop someone in front of him from killing Brady.

Too much to ask?

What's been the count of bad shotgun snaps?

And is that a problem of the past with Waters now responsible for determining when to snap on a silent count?

The interesting part about this is that it's not the all-world LG doing this for Wendell, but the guy who showed up a few days before the season started. I've been focusing on Mankins while replaying the past couple of games, and he looks like a JAG. On some stunts and blitzes, he and Light have looked like a couple of rookies out there. I don't know how his contract is structured for 2012 and beyond, but he's not worth the money they're paying him this year.

As for Connolly getting his job back, maybe he should ask Drew how that works with BB.

As for Connolly getting his job back, maybe he should ask Drew how that works with BB.

Oh god, not another poll of the 5th graders... they can be brutal.

I think we'd be lucky right now to have either of them, since they're both on the injury report...that being said I still remember that Chargers game from last year, when Wendell replaced Connolly at left guard near the half and all of a sudden the pass protection improved substantially.

The interesting part about this is that it's not the all-world LG doing this for Wendell, but the guy who showed up a few days before the season started. I've been focusing on Mankins while replaying the past couple of games, and he looks like a JAG. On some stunts and blitzes, he and Light have looked like a couple of rookies out there. I don't know how his contract is structured for 2012 and beyond, but he's not worth the money they're paying him this year.

light HAS been having more of his "moments" than usual....but to my untrained eyes I would also say Mankins has lost something...which better come back soon for all the fuss the guy caused

edit: though it may be possible he has to account for the center a bit more, and changes his game a bit

Last edited:
Who should be the starting Center: Connolly or Wendell

Added a poll to go with your thread.

Re: Who should be the starting Center: Connolly or Wendell

Added a poll to go with your thread.

Thanks JMT

I didn't think it was allowed to add a poll on,other than a mod doing it once the thread posts.

Re: Who should be the starting Center: Connolly or Wendell

Thanks JMT

I didn't think it was allowed to add a poll on,other than a mod doing it once the thread posts.

No problem, it's pretty quick and easy for a mod; you're right, you wouldn't be able to do it on your own. All I had to do was start a new thread with a poll, then merge the two threads.

It's an interesting topic worthy of discussion.

Last edited:
Maybe he should replace Mankins...just kidding but Mankins cashed in and hasn't earned it to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes