PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Chad Jackson get activated on Tuesday or to the IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats aren't going to put Jackson on the active roster. For all intents and purposes, he's rookie who has never made it through a full day of training camp after two years. Unless the Pats have a major WR injury in the next three weeks, they'll redshirt Jackson on the IR and give him one more shot next spring.

Activated>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was going to say IR, but you guys have talked me into activating him.

I'd hestitate to release a guy who's been with the team all season, has been getting live reps, knows how to get open, and is cool with a minor role on the team. I'm referring to Gaffney. I also don't want the Colts to pick him up, which would almost certainly happen if another team didn't claim him first. I don't care how small the edge would be, he would definitely be an asset to the other teams in the league.

It looks like Mitchell has lost his spot in the return game to Kyle Eckel, and Rashard Baker plays more at safety than Mitchell did, so I'm guessing Mitchell goes to IR.

Frankly, I'd love to see if Kelley Washington can play some TE if necessary so we can get rid of Rivers. Use Washington in emergency in passing situations, and use Hochstein in blocking situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots