• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think that this is the week that Branch needs to report to practice?

With all of the new recievers this year he does need to, IMO, report this week so he has time to work with them and get on the same page.

Also, I think that if he doesn't report his week, that is when the Patriots decide to play hardball with him from now on. Meaning that they will not forgive all of the fines and won't even talk about giving him a bonus.

But, I'm interested in others opinions so a poll is probably worth while.

Branch is in a pickle right now.

If he ends his hold out, then he gives up his last bit of leverage for this year, with really nothing to show for it. If he does not end his hold out, the team seems to have enough in them to get along without him. Again negating his leverage while piling up the fines.

If he comse back this week, then likely the fines can be forgiven and hopefully both sides will come back to the negotiation table. Add to that the shear scariness this offense has shown without him there, adding him to the mix could give him marvelous oppurtunity to raise his value during the season.

If opposing defenses need to stack 8 in the box to stop a good ground game, then Deion would hardly ever being seeing the dreaded double and triple coverages. He could have his bes year heading into free agency.

Other then a little pride, he has everything to gain by getting back to work now, instead of later.

Has somebody worked the numbers on the fines if he holds out to week 10 ? Plus does that mean he loses his signing bonus ? If so does that mean he is working for free in 2006 ? If all these are true than you francise him next year (6 mill) and get him for 22 games (this year and next for 272k per game) I think his agent needs to sharpen his pencil and show Deion these numbers so he can make a better decision and end this nonsense.

I think the only thing Branch needs to do is pull his head out of his agents @$$. Everything else will follow after.

I don't think he "has" to show up by a particular time to be effective. I think he can show up and be ready to play (and play well) right away.

However, the sooner he shows the better.

Hasn't he lost like 200 grand at this point or something?

He's being so incredibly stupid and not only hurting the team, but hurting himself[this move doesn't make any finacial sense to him in any way]. Don't get me wrong, I love Deion, but he's being such a ginormous a** right now that I'm not sure I'd want to lock him up long term.

No matter when he reports, the outcome is that he lost and the Pats won. The obvious outcome b/c of the way the NFL is set up and the fact that HE IS UNDER CONTRACT FOR THE SEASON.

Last edited:
Deion Branch has some very serious problems!

1. He has overestimated his value to this team, and as a wide reciever in general.

2. The offense is moving along fine without him.

3. Physically, he's never been the strongest reciever on the field and missing this time will hurt his play. I don't care if he has been working out on his own - there is no substitue for team camp and workouts.

4. If the Patriots wanted to, they could just de-activate him until it's time to cut him, ala the last malcontent, self-centered wide reciever who played here (Sheresa Glenn).

Personally, I don't care if Deion ever plays in a Pats uniform again.

I have no tolerance for his type of self-centered, pampered, whining millionaire athlete cr@-pola.

And I don't blame his agent, either, because Deion is the one who hired, and even worse, RETAINED this jacka$$ after he started making critically poor decisions that will hurt Deion's career!

ADPF

Last edited:
PATSNUTme, you need to add a choice to your poll...

Option 5 - Who cares if we ever see Deion in Foxboro again!

NEM said:
I think it it more important that Jackson get on the field and begin to contribute, than Branch reporting.

We know what Branch can do...and he is still under contract, and I believe that it will be worked out soon...But we need , or at least the coaches need, to see Jackson in game situations.... NOW.

I do agree there, as well...

I am dying to see this wonder that is Chad Jackson, our supposed future at wideout!

Is his injury a hamstring?

ADPF

NEM said:
I think it it more important that Jackson get on the field and begin to contribute, than Branch reporting.

We know what Branch can do...and he is still under contract, and I believe that it will be worked out soon...But we need , or at least the coaches need, to see Jackson in game situations.... NOW.

It would be great to get Jackson back.

But, you are talking about two entirely different situations. Jackson has an injury and is in Foxboro working withthe trainers to try to get on the field.

Branch is voluntarily not with the team in order to make a point. He's made it a long time ago and now it's time for him get into practice.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have Cliff Branch than Deion Branch at this point.

PATSNUTme said:
It would be great to get Jackson back.

But, you are talking about two entirely different situations. Jackson has an injury and is in Foxboro working withthe trainers to try to get on the field.

Branch is voluntarily not with the team in order to make a point. He's maded it a long time ago and now it's time for him get into practice.
Exactly . We all are dying to see Jackson but the last thing we need is to rush him back and aggrevate the injury if he is not ready. It's a long season.

I think branch needs to get back to the team ASAP. Yes, he didn't play any preseason games last year, but he still practiced with Brady. He needs to be taking reps with the offense to help make the entire offense run smooth. I agree that he can just show up game 1 or game 10 and still be productive, but he will not be as good as if he practiced with the team. It may only mean 2 incompletions, or 10 fewer yards on a play, but that could cost us a game.

As for leverage, I hope he's not totally delusional. He MUST know he has none! At this point he is just screwing everyone over (including himself!)

I also agree that Jackson needed training camp badly! He still needs to get on that field. He shouldn't rush back until he's able, but I am not expecting much from him this year.

Deion Branch will do just fine if he sits out until week 10. Why should he come back without a new contract? He can wait, make the same amount - the fines will never be assessed.

He reports week 10, he still is in same position with this team and free agency as he would be if he reports right now.

NE loses if he plays elsewhere as we now have a #1 wideout perfect for our system that works quite well with Tom Brady - good luck trying to find that chemistry.

Deion Branch will end up with a deal very close to Reggie Wayne after all is said and done - look at the numbers and Deion's stats are closer to RW's than you may think.

Go ahead fans, write him off all you want, criticize and insult him to your hearts content - we still are weaker without him.

Without casting any blame - I really think a compromise is needed here. I realize he is in year 5 and RW's deal came after his 5th year. Nevertheless, Deion Branch is underpaid right now and there has to be something to that 5th year that was added after NE saw how good he was in rookie camp.

Go ahead now, flame away at me all you like - but - the goal is to figure out a fair way, all things considered, to get him back.

fgssand said:
Go ahead now, flame away at me all you like - but - the goal is to figure out a fair way, all things considered, to get him back.

I think "fair" is honoring the contract he agreed to and signed.

mdhprime said:
I think "fair" is honoring the contract he agreed to and signed.

I am sure you would work for about 1/5th of what others doing what you do are making....

PromisedLand said:
What he said.

What I said -- goes for you too....

Last edited by a moderator:
fgssand said:
I am sure you would work for about 1/5th of what others doing what you do are making....

If I had agreed to it and singed a contract saying I would then yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
fgssand said:
Deion Branch will do just fine if he sits out until week 10. Why should he come back without a new contract? He can wait, make the same amount - the fines will never be assessed.

If he continues to sit out and the FO decides to part ways with him, then yes those fines will be assesed. And he will have made no money for this year.

Add to that by sitting out he hurts his stats and makes an ass out of himself to the rest of the leauge, he will be apt to make less money in FA. If he gets the reputation of being selfish and a locker room cancer, then his value drops.

Deion Branch will end up with a deal very close to Reggie Wayne after all is said and done - look at the numbers and Deion's stats are closer to RW's than you may think.

Perhaps, but to earn thsoe stats he needs to be on the feild. This year he is playing for next years contract. Right now he is hurting his chances of getting a good one. His stock is free fall, and only getting his butt back to work can stop that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back