PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Brady have TD record without Cassel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I realize it's just one of fifty, but you could make a case that Cassel played a significant role in Brady breaking the single season touchdown record.

If Cassel doesn't throw the pick 6 @ Miami, Brady doesn't return to the game for his 6th touchdown pass and potentially ends up sharing the record with Peyton.

:agree:

Thanks for the laugh. :)

I say that Brady would not have the record but Eli would not have been out for the revenge of Brady erasing his brother and thus we would have won so it is Cassel's fault we lost the SB because if he doesn't throw the pick than Brady doesn't break the record and Eli just roles over. :D

I realize it's just one of fifty, but you could make a case that Cassel played a significant role in Brady breaking the single season touchdown record.

If Cassel doesn't throw the pick 6 @ Miami, Brady doesn't return to the game for his 6th touchdown pass and potentially ends up sharing the record with Peyton.

What week did this happen again? Wk 7 or 8? Cmon man. I know some of us just love sharing every other thought in our heads, but can we just let some aspect of the season go without second guessing it? The guy could have thrown 5 more TDs at some point in the season if he chose. He could have thrown numerous less had he broken his ankle. What's really the point?

Last edited:

If Cassel had been inserted into more games, Brady's TD total would broken sixty!

It actually is a good point. :D

Ummm.....ok troll......great post......

I say that Brady would not have the record but Eli would not have been out for the revenge of Brady erasing his brother and thus we would have won so it is Cassel's fault we lost the SB because if he doesn't throw the pick than Brady doesn't break the record and Eli just roles over. :D
Best answer yet!
lol

Maybe it's Matt Gutierrez who deserves the credit. I think Bill wanted him to come into the game, but he hadn't warmed up yet, so Tom came in for the one series and THEN Matt played to the end.

If he had loosened up in time, maybe he goes in and not Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots