PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Belichick need to win another Super Bowl to make the Hall Of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Right now I am not certain Belichick will be a shoo in down the road when the Hall Of Fame vote for him goes into consideration.

While I think he will definately be a consideration 2 years after he retires,I think he will have about a 50/50 chance of getting in at this point.

Like the link I post below there is a good chance Belichick can solidify his chance to get in with another Super Bowl championship or two or at least have the team go deep into the playoffs most years until he steps down.

Sadly enough I think if this team suddenly goes on a downward spiral in the following few years,then the events/scandal from the last year will come up and Belichicks chances of HOF status will be a longshot in the eyes of the voters and which many of those voters may think his wins were the result of an advantage during the glory years (which we all know in here is BS).

Its almost an sure thing that BB will have to have success in the near future to prove to all he really is a great coach and deserves his honor inducted into the HOF which of course is the ultimate event every NFL Head Coach dreams of.

http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index.ssf/2008/05/does_bill_belichick_deserve_th.html

DO YOU THINK HE NEEDS ANOTHER SEVERAL GREAT YEARS OF COACHING AND LOTS OF WINS OR IS HE SET IN STONE AND A SHOO IN RIGHT NOW?

Last edited:
Right now I am not certain Belichick will be a shoo in down the road when the Hall Of Fame vote for him goes into consideration.

While I think he will definately be a consideration 2 years after he retires,I think he will have about a 50/50 chance of getting in at this point.

Like the link I post below there is a good chance Belichick can solidify his chance to get in with another Super Bowl championship or two or at least have the team go deep into the playoffs most years until he steps down.

Sadly enough I think if this team suddenly goes on a downward spiral in the following few years,then the events/scandal from the last year will come up and Belichicks chances of HOF status will be a longshot in the eyes of the voters and which many of those voters may think his wins were the result of an advantage during the glory years (which we all know in here is BS).

Its almost an sure thing that BB will have to have success in the near future to prove to all he really is a great coach and deserves his honor inducted into the HOF which of course is the ultimate event every NFL Head Coach dreams of.

http://www.cleveland.com/brownsbeat/index.ssf/2008/05/does_bill_belichick_deserve_th.html

DO YOU THINK HE NEEDS ANOTHER SEVERAL GREAT YEARS OF COACHING AND LOTS OF WINS OR IS HE SET IN STONE AND A SHOO IN RIGHT NOW?

The simple answer is, No.

You can equate it to last years Coach of the Year award. The year he got caught cheating he also won the Coach of the Year award.

I believe that there are a lot of articles being written right now for the SOLE purpose of Hit counts and Links - It's hot so they are writing some of the most ridiculous articles imaginable just for the shock factor.

The under current is that most of these writers know the truth, that this is a widespread "problem" and that Bill was not the lone gunmen in the process - He's simply the scapegoat that coaches for one of the greatest team in history - Those two things alone are enough to flood mainstream newspapers and web sites with absolute CRAP.

Bottom line - This will all subside, Bill will fall into his place in history (First round Ballot HOF'r) and we will win three more Super Bowls. Nice. :)

The only coach to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, the only coach to go 16-0 and the only coach to build a dynasty in the salary cap era. He's a Hall of Fame lock.

Having 19-0 in 08 will put BB in HoF before his early retirement and make Goodel change the name of current trophy to BB so that all BB haters will mention his name FOREVER.

Belichick will get into the HOF even if he never wins another game. I am willing to bet that he won't be a first or second ballot inductee though. My guess is that the voters will punish Belichick by not letting him in on the first try, but he will get in.

its laughable to think that he may not but if the sentiments after this issue speak to his being inducted it could be ugly.

Depends on a few writers. I know that one of the Brown's writers is a big opponent of Art Modell going into the HOF. Everytime there is a move to put him on the ballot, this writer leads the charge to exclude Modell from the ballot and it has worked up to now.

Does Specter have any writers in his back pocket? Could Tomase wield that much influence down the road? Would any of the NY rags?

Having 19-0 in 08 will put BB in HoF before his early retirement and make Goodel change the name of current trophy to BB so that all BB haters will mention his name FOREVER.

I honestly thought, as stupid as it may sound to some, that he had a chance to have the AFC Championship trophy named after him.

Perhaps, after all is said and done, it will have his name.

I hope it does. It would not only be a win for NE but for any other team he has ever had an affiliation with.

I honestly thought, as stupid as it may sound to some, that he had a chance to have the AFC Championship trophy named after him.

Perhaps, after all is said and done, it will have his name.

I hope it does. It would not only be a win for NE but for any other team he has ever had an affiliation with.

Absolutely.I don't see why it can't happen because everybody considers him to be a GENUINE. People's jelousy is the only factor which prevents it from happening.

Unfortunately, they will hold this so-called "cheating" thing over his head for years, I don't think he makes it as a first time ballot (he should though!), I think he will be looked at as a Mark McGwire/Barry Bonds (though I disagree). I think he needs to win another, then they have to vote him in.

He has the credentials to get in today but if the voting were to happen now, there would be writers on the fence given their relationship with him. Right or wrong, he has definitely tarnished his reputation with the Spygate scandal.

Once the dust settles years from now and the Pats win several more Super Bowls, it will all be a moot point and he will go in as the greatest NFL coach ever.

Belichick's credentials already have him in the Hall of Fame.
All this mediot masturbation from the likes of Pompous Peter: King of the Mediots and Sqeak Mazz is nothing but background noise.

One problem he'll face is the Bill Parcells effect. When he retires people will wonder if he'll come back. Joe Gibbs return to coaching embarrassed the HOF mightily.

BB might have turn 70 first.

Another problem is Halberstam's book. BB coaches almost as a hobby. Unless he is coaching his grandson's Pop Warner team he might come back after turning 70. Heck, BB might need to die first.

No, he's done enough already. Unfortunately, this will overshadow all of his accomplishments but he'll still be a first ballot HOFer. You don't win three SBs in four years and guide a dynasty in a time in which one is supposed to be prevented and not be elected to Canton after it all is said and done.

He doesn't need the Hall, he already is famous...after this winter, his name recognition is world famous.

Belichick's credentials already have him in the Hall of Fame.
All this mediot masturbation from the likes of Pompous Peter: King of the Mediots and Sqeak Mazz is nothing but background noise.

In Peter King's interview with Dan Patrick, he said he would still vote for Belichick unless new allegations and confessions are presented that further implicate him. He did say other writers will not be as forgiving as he.

He will make it in to the Hall, Al Davis is in there and he far more hated the Bill will ever be. Over time they will change their mind, this will become a footnote once they step back and look at it. At that time his accomplishments will more center stage.

No, but I do think that the Patriots have to continue having

winning teams for Spygate to die out. If the Patriots had a couple

of lean years under Belichick, fans outside New England would attribute

this to Belichick not being able to video tape any longer.

If the Patriots had a couple of lean years under Belichick, fans outside New England would attribute this to Belichick not being able to video tape any longer.

That's lunacy because they didn't tape this year. But I agree that the sentiment will exist.

As for BB and the HOF, I would say that Bethel Johnson has a better chance of making the Hall of fame than BB does of not making it.

In Peter King's interview with Dan Patrick, he said he would still vote for Belichick unless new allegations and confessions are presented that further implicate him. He did say other writers will not be as forgiving as he.

What will the make up of the voters be in twenty years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots