PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does BB Want Brady to Get All the Records For a Single Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB isn't going to risk the game on a record.

But if records really mattered than Brady would not have been pulled from the Bills game. Instead of Cassel running out the clock Brady could have gotten two more TDs.

It's all a balance, not one or the other. BB wants to make this season one that lives forever, in as many ways as possible. Simple as that.

Oh come on. They are passing like they're insane. Pointing to a couple of running plays doesn't change that.

In the red zone? I think it does. I think it indicates that if your objective was to be silly and go for records instead of taking what the defense is giving, they would have thrown the ball in that situation.

In the red zone? I think it does. I think it indicates that if your objective was to be silly and go for records instead of taking what the defense is giving, they would have thrown the ball in that situation.

Well, no. At this point, the TD record is well in hand. As I said before, passing for a yard doesn't do a whole hell of a lot for the total yards record.

It's all a balance, not one or the other. BB wants to make this season one that lives forever, in as many ways as possible. Simple as that.
Just to humor you, BB's Monday press conference was on one of the sports shows tonight. In it, he is bristling at a media member and stating the following, "I don't care about records. Records mean nothing."

Suggest you use common sense when you try to argue a point and do some research about your position. This is not the first time BB has made this statement. If you read the New England papers, listen to sports radio, or watch the sports broadcasts, you will come across this fact about Belichick over and over again. So do some research, and then come back and post another thread about which you have some knowledge. As for this one, your position doesn't hold water.

Just to humor you, BB's Monday press conference was on one of the sports shows tonight. In it, he is bristling at a media member and stating the following, "I don't care about records. Records mean nothing."

Suggest you use common sense when you try to argue a point and do some research about your position. This is not the first time BB has made this statement. If you read the New England papers, listen to sports radio, or watch the sports broadcasts, you will come across this fact about Belichick over and over again. So do some research, and then come back and post another thread about which you have some knowledge. As for this one, your position doesn't hold water.

I assume this means that in my hypothetical before--wherein BB would be guaranteed the SB and then asked whether he'd like his QB to rewrite the record books--you would take the position that he'd say, no thanks, I'll pass on the records for Tom. Um, OK. I disagree.

If you think BB's utterances at press conferences reveal his innermost thoughts, I'd suggest you "do some research" and come back and post in another thread about which you have some knowledge.

I assume this means that in my hypothetical before--wherein BB would be guaranteed the SB and then asked whether he'd like his QB to rewrite the record books--you would take the position that he'd say, no thanks, I'll pass on the records for Tom. Um, OK. I disagree.

If you think BB's utterances at press conferences reveal his innermost thoughts, I'd suggest you "do some research" and come back and post in another thread about which you have some knowledge.
In your fantasy, BB can do anything he wants. It has nothing at all to do with reality. Your hypothetical didn't start until your original premise was challenged by fact. Then you moved to the hypothetical, which is based on something other than fact. It's pure fantasy. Have you reached your teen years yet, son?

In your fantasy, BB can do anything he wants. It has nothing at all to do with reality. Your hypothetical didn't start until your original premise was challenged by fact. Then you moved to the hypothetical, which is based on something other than fact. It's pure fantasy. Have you reached your teen years yet, son?

What that scenario actually illustrates is the fact that while records are obviously in no way comparable to winning, they are, I think, something that BB would like for Brady. Simple as that. If you don't agree, fine.

As for the little pissy comments you make, I'd suggest you think about growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes