does BB owe the fans an apology

• yes

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
with close to 100 votes in, about 25 percent think BB should apologize.

Any business owner would be destrought, if he or she thought they offended 25 percent of their customers.

I work in customer service, if my business offends 1% thats not a good day.

So maybe this is why people talk about Bellichick as being so arrogant.
But Bob Kraft is much more polished, I fully Expect an apology to the fans, either from BB himself, but definetley from Kraft, in the coming days.
yeah, 25 out of 100 messageboard fans are kraft's customers? i doubt it, iacocca... if 25% of the (real, paying) waitinglist dropped dead, there would still be a 4 year wait to get a ticket.
All members on this board are not customers, and even if they were, Kraft would be distraught, not destrought

Last edited:
yeah, 25 out of 100 messageboard fans are kraft's customers? i doubt it, iacocca... if 25% of the (real, paying) waitinglist dropped dead, there would still be a 4 year wait to get a ticket.
All members on this board are not customers, and even if they were, Kraft would be distraught, not destrought

Ticket sales are a small part of the Patriots' revenue.

TV contracts, advertising, clothing, logo copyright is where the money is made. A 25% decrease in that over the long-term would be a negative financial result. Robert Kraft is too business savvy and too caring of the region, his team and his image to cheerfully kiss off 25% of the fanbase.

That being said, just because 25% here feel it would've been right for BB to include the fans in the "most importantly" group doesn't mean they are jumping off their fandom. I felt it was a mistake to let Justin Rogers dangle to be picked up by the Cowboys - - doesn't mean I'm questioning whether to remain a fan of the Patriots - - that's ludicrous.

I honestly can't fathom the hysterical reaction some people have to critical thought. If some fans criticize a Patriots move, it does not mean they are therefore turning in the Brady jerseys for Peyton Manning jerseys. A little perspective would be nice.

I said "mostly", and I believe it holds true.

I don't doubt that there are a few self-loathing Pats fans such as yourself who voted yes. But they've got to be a small minority.
I voted yes too, and I have been a fan of the Patriots since 1960. You can believe anything you want, but that doesn't make it a fact and you should not state your opinions as though they are fact.

I think BB has given the fans more then enough ;)

Re: What about the FANS.

You sound more like a Communist to me... just kidding lol. :D It's really an excellent analogy. Some people attack anyone who disagrees with their opinions.

It really is an excellent analogy? Not really... If we're going to liken something as trivial as football (which is entertainment) to war... something I HATE when people do... let's really go all the way with it.

Throwing BB under the bus for something as inane as "cameragate" would be more similar to a British citizen turning on Winston Churchill towards the twilight of his life (political and natural) AFTER he took them through the war, stared down Germany, and brought in the US to help stop the scourge that was the Nazis.

Again... a TERRIBLE analogy... as Churchill actually helped preserve freedom in the world and BB (as much I admire the man) just helps provide entertainment.

BUT... there were some in England that DID turn their backs on that great man that had brought them through so much... and that was (as folks have said) their right. I STILL call them turncoats... and they were, largely, laughed out of the UK.

Benedict Arnold had the RIGHT to call himself an American after he sold us out in the Revolutionary war (because he felt that his talents were being overlooked and he was stuck under a fairly poor middle manager)....but I call him a traitor.... and I call those of you that are throwing BB under the bus (AGAIN... just an entertainment thing... it's not like it's treason against the US or anything so don't get that offended) NOT fans of the Pats.

This man brought us three superbowls and the dynasty tag... if you don't like the driver of the bus... get off the bus. If you don't like the leader of our team (AFTER taking us through the SB 3X)... then, IMO, you are not a fan of this team.

If it offends you... what am I supposed to do about it? I am a tall fellow... should I be offended if someone calls me tall? I am what I am... you are what you are, you aren't what you aren't... and you can't be a fan of the NE Pats if you aren't a fan of BB (maybe not as a man, maybe not as a husband... but certainly as a coach of our football team)... you can't have your cake and eat it too.

He owes me nothing. He's given me more than I could have ever dreamed.

Lets see if the haters can spin this.

Today MY TEAM is being dragged through the mud. It is being dragged through the mud because of Belichick. I would like him to say he is sorry to the fans.

Spin away.

Last edited:

Throwing BB under the bus for something as inane as "cameragate" would be more similar to a British citizen turning on Winston Churchill towards the twilight of his life (political and natural) AFTER he took them through the war, stared down Germany, and brought in the US to help stop the scourge that was the Nazis.

Again... a TERRIBLE analogy... as Churchill actually helped preserve freedom in the world and BB (as much I admire the man) just helps provide entertainment.

BUT... there were some in England that DID turn their backs on that great man that had brought them through so much... and that was (as folks have said) their right. I STILL call them turncoats... and they were, largely, laughed out of the UK.
I am not going to bother to respond to most of your points - you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how disrespectful it is to the many true Patriot fans you have disparaged because they disagree with you - but if you are going to bring up historical metaphors you should at least first go study your history.

Winston Churchhill was turned out of office, even before WWII ended. Those who opposed him were many, both before and after the war, and took power away from him. His opponents certainly were not "laughed out of the UK". Rather, they ran the country.

Even during the war, before the significant turning point at El Alamin in December 1942, he had to face a vote of confidence in Parliament and was nearly ousted at that time.

And by the way, Winston Churchhill is to me, one of the biggest heros in history.

Today MY TEAM is being dragged through the mud. It is being dragged through the mud because of Belichick. I would like him to say he is sorry to the fans.

Spin away.

Hey buddy, how could the hater spin what you're saying since they're saying what you're saying....YOU are a hater.

You're team...our team is being dragged through the mud because the media and the rest of the NFL fandom hate our beloved coach Bill Belichick...that's all pal.

Spin away.

By this logic, the Duke lacrosse players should have immediately apologized to the stripper, to their school, and to all fans of Duke lacrosse everywhere.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. It's really ****ing simple.

This poll isn't accurate since it allows opposing fans to vote on it. So what percent of the 25% are votes from opposing fans.

I am not going to bother to respond to most of your points - you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how disrespectful it is to the many true Patriot fans you have disparaged because they disagree with you - but if you are going to bring up historical metaphors you should at least first go study your history.

Winston Churchhill was turned out of office, even before WWII ended. Those who opposed him were many, both before and after the war, and took power away from him. His opponents certainly were not "laughed out of the UK". Rather, they ran the country.

Even during the war, before the significant turning point at El Alamin in December 1942, he had to face a vote of confidence in Parliament and was nearly ousted at that time.

And by the way, Winston Churchhill is to me, one of the biggest heros in history.

LOL. OK, man... I'm not going to debate history with you on the PatsFans website. Let me say this... after you read more than one book on Churchill and/or go beyond your undergrad (or maybe grad?) course on modern world history... we can talk more about WHY Parliament did what it did (and what folks involved in that situation said AFTER WWII was over)... also we can talk about who really ran the country, what Churhhill had to do with it, and how revered he was and is... than and now... just not on a Patsfans website. FDR had detractors too... shockingly, war does some strange things to people :rolleyes: I care about as much about what you think about my history knowledge as I do what Jets/Colts/Chargers/What-have-you fans care about "cameragate".

Your other point... about my right to my opinion... that'd be correct... you want to have your cake (SBs, wins, dynasty) and eat it too (throw the man that brought you the "cake" under the bus and look down on his "win at all costs" mentality)...I've said it before... as have others... if you don't like the driver of the bus... GET OFF THE BUS. Dungy and Smith are supposedly really sweet, nice guys... go root for the Colts or the Bears... and then a lot of us true Pats fans wouldn't care what you say or think about BB... but to be on the Bus SUPPOSEDLY WITH US... and continue to spout garbage about the man that brought us everything... is downright gross.

Hmmm... when I was sitting on the metal bleachers 20 or so years ago.... would I have accepted "cameragate" in order to get 3 SBs, the dynasty tag, and pull about even in AFC Championships (for all time) with the vaunted Dolphins and Bills.... YUP.

Last edited:

LOL. OK, man... I'm not going to debate history with you on the PatsFans website. Let me say this... after you read more than one book on Churchill and/or go beyond your undergrad (or maybe grad?) course on modern world history... we can talk more about WHY Parliament did what it did (and what folks involved in that situation said AFTER WWII was over)... also we can talk about who really ran the country, what Churhhill had to do with it, and how revered he was and is... than and now... just not on a Patsfans website. FDR had detractors too... shockingly, war does some strange things to people :rolleyes: I care about as much about what you think about my history knowledge as I do what Jets/Colts/Chargers/What-have-you fans care about "cameragate".

Your other point... about my right to my opinion... that'd be correct... you want to have your cake (SBs, wins, dynasty) and eat it too (throw the man that brought you the "cake" under the bus and look down on his "win at all costs" mentality)...I've said it before... as have others... if you don't like the driver of the bus... GET OFF THE BUS. Dungy and Smith are supposedly really sweet, nice guys... go root for the Colts or the Bears... and then a lot of us true Pats fans wouldn't care what you say or think about BB... but to be on the Bus SUPPOSEDLY WITH US... and continue to spout garbage about the man that brought us everything... is downright gross.

Hmmm... when I was sitting on the metal bleachers 20 or so years ago.... would I have accepted "cameragate" in order to get 3 SBs, the dynasty tag, and pull about even in AFC Championships (for all time) with the vaunted Dolphins and Bills.... YUP.
Oh, I see. YOU are so highly learned in the life of Winston Churchill that you don't even know the most basic facts about his political career. I happen to have read six books BY FNP - that is Churchill, but you probably don't know what that stands for. That's just one difference between us.

The big difference between us, though, is that you are so willing to sell your soul to make your story come out the way you want it to that you are blinded to anything which might interfere with your version, and I am not.

Oh, I see. YOU are so highly learned in the life of Winston Churchill that you don't even know the most basic facts about his political career. I happen to have read six books BY FNP - that is Churchill, but you probably don't know what that stands for. That's just one difference between us.

The big difference between us, though, is that you are so willing to sell your soul to make your story come out the way you want it to that you are blinded to anything which might interfere with your version, and I am not.

Hey buddy... first off: I wouldn't sell my soul for anything.

Secondly, I'm glad that you read six books by the man... I told you that I wouldn't debate history with you on this site and I won't... I also am not going to get into any sort of pissing contest regarding how many books I've read (although I do see you were responding to my "one book" post) about the man or by the man... let's just say I know a decent amount about him... whether you believe me or not is of no consequence to me... there was only one panel who needed to understand how much I knew of the man... and that was a bit ago in my life.

Third... I'm glad that you maintain that there are a lot of differences between us... I don't like you one bit and I hope that there are lots and LOTS.

Fourth...and on the point of the Patriots... which is what this board is designed to discuss... I think that you and those like you aren't real fans... I think that you are a fair-weather fan and I think that you are kicking a man when he's down. I think a real fan wouldn't sell out on the man that brought his "team" the wins and glory that BB brought that Pats. I don't need to "make" my story come out as anything for that to be the case. You are either with BB or against him... it pretty much is that simple (IMO) if you want to be a fan of the Pats... the man has given us so much, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to give him some loyalty.

For me it's this simple... the big difference between us is that I don't run away with a little bump in the road... when I say I'm a fan... I'm a fan... and when I say that I support someone, I'm loyal to them... it would seem that you are not.

Hey buddy... first off: I wouldn't sell my soul for anything.

Secondly, I'm glad that you read six books by the man... I told you that I wouldn't debate history with you on this site and I won't... I also am not going to get into any sort of pissing contest regarding how many books I've read (although I do see you were responding to my "one book" post) about the man or by the man... let's just say I know a decent amount about him... whether you believe me or not is of no consequence to me... there was only one panel who needed to understand how much I knew of the man... and that was a bit ago in my life.

Third... I'm glad that you maintain that there are a lot of differences between us... I don't like you one bit and I hope that there are lots and LOTS.

Fourth...and on the point of the Patriots... which is what this board is designed to discuss... I think that you and those like you aren't real fans... I think that you are a fair-weather fan and I think that you are kicking a man when he's down. I think a real fan wouldn't sell out on the man that brought his "team" the wins and glory that BB brought that Pats. I don't need to "make" my story come out as anything for that to be the case. You are either with BB or against him... it pretty much is that simple (IMO) if you want to be a fan of the Pats... the man has given us so much, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to give him some loyalty.

For me it's this simple... the big difference between us is that I don't run away with a little bump in the road... when I say I'm a fan... I'm a fan... and when I say that I support someone, I'm loyal to them... it would seem that you are not.
Well, "buddy", I don't happen to give a rat's ass what you think.

Over and out.

well now I have to change my vote to YES.
Draft day just won't be the same.
But if it's the last pick in the 1st round of the draft, i guess i'll let it go

Statement from Bill Belichick
Posted on September 13, 2007
Filed Under Uncategorized

The Patriots have just released a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick:

“I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight’s ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career

Statement from Bill Belichick
Posted on September 13, 2007
Filed Under Uncategorized

The Patriots have just released a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick:

“I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight’s ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career
EAT CROW.
Notice he said "I also apologize to the patriot fans"
after he said he apologized to everyone it effected?
Proving that his first statement was not directed to the fans.

I gotta say, I certainly think he should apologize...and apologize earnestly. He got caught cheating. What's done is done already. He may not be able to make things completely right again, but he can start the work on rebuilding his image (which wasn't all that great in the media's eyes, in the first place) through his apology.

There are plenty of children that look up to this organization, and I would know...my boy is one of them. It's pretty gut-wrenching to have them hear the team they admire so much turn out to be like this all over the news.

You may not care whether you get an apology or not, but I think it'd be great for all the young fans out there to know that Belichick is owning up to his actions, and understands what he did was wrong.

Someone in the Pats PR Dept. wisely got to BB between the first and second apologies. The part about the fans in the second apology was what was missing in the first.

BB never makes the same mistake twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye