does BB owe the fans an apology

• yes

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't feel included in 'everyone affected by this' then just what are you? You want him to name you personally?
If he said all the Fans effected by this, then he wouldn't have to mention me personally.

What about the pats fans who weren't offended per say, does he owe them an apology.

What if Kraft told him he wasn't offended, should he have then taken Kraft off the list of people he apologized for.

with close to 100 votes in, about 25 percent think BB should apologize.

Any business owner would be destrought, if he or she thought they offended 25 percent of their customers.

I work in customer service, if my business offends 1% thats not a good day.

So maybe this is why people talk about Bellichick as being so arrogant.
But Bob Kraft is much more polished, I fully Expect an apology to the fans, either from BB himself, but definetley from Kraft, in the coming days.

Last edited:
BB voted yes....since he apologized

with close to 100 votes in, about 25 percent think BB should apologize.

Any business owner would be destrought, if he or she thought they offended 25 percent of their customers.

The 25% are mostly fans of other teams that hate and envy the Pats. I don't think they are customers of Bob Kraft.

The 25% are mostly fans of other teams that hate and envy the Pats. I don't think they are customers of Bob Kraft.

I voted yes. And (if you have been here much, you'd know), I am a great admirer and defender of Bob Kraft on this board.

But it must be soothing for you to believe such generalizations.

I voted yes. And (if you have been here much, you'd know), I am a great admirer and defender of Bob Kraft on this board.

But it must be soothing for you to believe such generalizations.

I said "mostly", and I believe it holds true.

I don't doubt that there are a few self-loathing Pats fans such as yourself who voted yes. But they've got to be a small minority.

Last edited:
to answer the original question... hell no... and you owe BB an apology for asking such a stupid question.

I said "mostly", and I believe it holds true.

I don't doubt that there are a few self-loathing Pats fans such as yourself who voted yes. But they've got to be a small minority.

Want to know what "self-loathing" really is? Someone so insecure about what he believes in, that he can never stomach critical thought.

History is full of folks like that.

Want to know what "self-loathing" really is? Someone so insecure about what he believes in, that he can never stomach the thought of questioning it.

I'm not sure how that could be considered self loathing. I think that's something else entirely.

Even if I were inclined to believe that there has been significant wrongdoing here, it's still too early to go around demanding apologies. Maybe we ought to wait and hear all the facts (especially what the league has to say) before we get our panties in a twist.

I'm not sure how that could be considered self loathing. I think that's something else entirely.

Even if I were inclined to believe that there has been significant wrongdoing here, it's still too early to go around demanding apologies. Maybe we ought to wait and hear all the facts (especially what the league has to say) before we get our panties in a twist.

What are you talking about? He already made an apology this morning. The question that is being discussed is "to whom" not "whether to make an apology".

Further, if you've understood anything I've written on this subject, I have not said there has been any wrongdoing at this point (I have no idea what's on the tape). The only point is that the rest of the league does this kind of videotape spying discretly, whereas the Pats seem to have felt it was OK to put Mark Estrella in full view on the sidelines with a flashing neon "look at me" sign.

What are you talking about? He already made an apology this morning. The question that is being discussed is "to whom" not "whether to make an apology".

Note that Belichick never said WHAT he apologized for.

"Team, I'm really sorry that this problem has come up. It's my issue and I'll deal wth it. Let's try not to let it be a distraction and just focus on the Chargers."

That seems way more likely than this:

"Team, mea culpa. I stole the signals. I realize that every team in the league does it, and you know we do, but I was wrong and I got caught, so I'm sorry and I'm ready to face the consequences."

Doesn't the first seem a lot more like BB? Especially in light of his comment re: the "interpretation" of the rule?

If he said all the Fans effected by this, then he wouldn't have to mention me personally.

Why does this even bother you? Are your feelings hurt? I don't feel this was something he has to apologize to me, or fans for. He didn't do anything to me.

Note that Belichick never said WHAT he apologized for.

"Team, I'm really sorry that this problem has come up. It's my issue and I'll deal wth it. Let's try not to let it be a distraction and just focus on the Chargers."

That seems way more likely than this:

"Team, mea culpa. I stole the signals. I realize that every team in the league does it, and you know we do, but I was wrong and I got caught, so I'm sorry and I'm ready to face the consequences."

Doesn't the first seem a lot more like BB? Especially in light of his comment re: the "interpretation" of the rule?

You're confused. Your previous post said that it was too early to be demanding apologies and now your interpreting an apology he already made?

BTW, I have said many times, we have no idea what's on that tape and have pointed to the "Interpretation" word in his apology this morning (the one you write is too early for us to be demanding) as there is being a very good possibility of a strong BB argument on this subject.

You seem like a decent fella and probably just need a good sleep.

You're confused. Your previous post said that it was too early to be demanding apologies and now your interpreting an apology he already made?

BTW, I have said many times, we have no idea what's on that tape and have pointed to the "Interpretation" word in his apology this morning (the one you write is too early for us to be demanding) as there is being a very good possibility of a strong BB argument on this subject.

You seem like a decent fella and probably just need a good sleep.

Uh, I think you're the one that's confused.

1) I said it was to early to ask for any apology from BB for stealing signals in violation of rule policy.

2) You said he had already apologized, just not to the fans.

3) I pointed out that he apologized for something -- but not necessarily for stealing signals. In light of his "interpretation" comment IMHO it is very likely he did NOT apologize for stealing signals. I presented an alternative theory as to what that apology actually was.

4) Given the fact that BB has not admitted wrongdoing and the league hasn't found him guilty of any violation, it's clearly too early for him to be apologizing to fans for stealing signals. Innocent until proven guilty.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Uh, I think you're the one that's confused.

1) I said it was to early to ask for any apology from BB for stealing signals in violation of rule policy.

2) You said he had already apologized, just not to the fans.

3) I pointed out that he apologized for something -- but not necessarily for stealing signals. In light of his "interpretation" comment IMHO it is very likely he did NOT apologize for stealing signals. I presented an alternative theory as to what that apology actually was.

4) Given the fact that BB has not admitted wrongdoing and the league hasn't found him guilty of any violation, it's clearly too early for him to be apologizing to fans for stealing signals. Innocent until proven guilty.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Please tell me where I said he should apologize to the fans for "stealing signals".

At no point did I accuse him of stealing signals (we have no idea what's on the tape at this moment) and at no point did I characterize his apology this morning as having been about stealing signals.

First you state it's too early to be demanding apologies and then you comment on the apology he had already made this morning.

Look, I enjoy the give and take with posters on this board as much as the next person. I just prefer to do it with those who can understand the english language.

There is an old Arabic saying "I speak to you in the East and you answer me in the West". I wish you the best in your attempts to communicate with others.

Please tell me where I said he should apologize to the fans for "stealing signals".

At no point did I accuse him of stealing signals (we have no idea what's on the tape at this moment) and at no point did I characterize his apology this morning as having been about stealing signals.

First you state it's too early to be demanding apologies and then you comment on the apology he had already made this morning.

Look, I enjoy the give and take with posters on this board as much as the next person. I just prefer to do it with those who can understand the english language.

There is an old Arabic saying "I speak to you in the East and you answer me in the West". I wish you the best in your attempts to communicate with others.

Umm, this entire thread is about whether or not BB should apologize to fans for cheating / stealing signals. It's implicit in the discussion.

The apology that I believe BB made to players ("sorry for the distraction") by definition could NOT be made publicly. If BB came out and said "Fans of New England, I'm sorry that this whole issue has cropped up and distracted us from the work at hand" then it looks like he is blaming the league, the media, etc. and not taking responsibility. Better just to keep his mouth shut at this point and wait until the league hands down its decision.

Your sniveling about my lack of comprehension is unnecessary and impolite. Especially when you appear to be the one who has missed the entire premise of this thread.

I've read his statement and he apologiezed to the owner, and players, but not the fans.

No, absolutely not! As a matter of fact, those fans claiming they are embaressed OWE Bill Belichick an apology!:eek:

"stealing signals" is a perfectly legal and accepted practice in the NFL.

Umm, this entire thread is about whether or not BB should apologize to fans for cheating / stealing signals. It's implicit in the discussion.

The apology that I believe BB made to players ("sorry for the distraction") by definition could NOT be made publicly. If BB came out and said "Fans of New England, I'm sorry that this whole issue has cropped up and distracted us from the work at hand" then it looks like he is blaming the league, the media, etc. and not taking responsibility. Better just to keep his mouth shut at this point and wait until the league hands down its decision.

Your sniveling about my lack of comprehension is unnecessary and impolite. Especially when you appear to be the one who has missed the entire premise of this thread.

"Umm, this entire thread is about whether or not BB should apologize to fans for cheating / stealing signals. It's implicit in the discussion."

What?????? Because you interpret it that way, it is "implicit in the discussion". He MADE an apology. I never characterized that apology as being for "cheating/stealing signals". Only you are making that implication.

1) An example of "Unnecessary" and "Impolite" would be an opening introduction with the words "I don't doubt that there are a few self-loathing Pats fans such as yourself who voted yes." Recognize that, Pot?

2) What apology did he make to the players that "by definition could NOT be made publicly." are you talking about? You were in the lockerroom today? Or are you making up some fantasy situation?

3) The fact is that he made a PUBLIC apology singling out the owner, the staff and the players. Some of us are simply saying that it would have been nice to include the fans in the "most importantly" (as he put it) category. Not a huge deal in my opinion, but just a comment, seeing that, without fans, the NFL would not exist and Bill Belichick would be a history teacher at Annapolis High School.

I'm on to communicating with other posters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes