does BB owe the fans an apology

• yes

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Green Bay that would hold true. Like I said i voted no, just cuz I'm confused about your "logic" doesn't mean I think he owes us an apology.
Read the whole thread next time so you know what the hell your talkin about.
Your starting to make as much sense as Pete Sheppard.:D

I did read the whole thread and I know what I am talking about.

I make perfect sense. Either you don't know how to read or you think you are owed a personal apology.

BB saying that he apologizes to everyone affected is not an admission of guilt. Its him saying that he's sorry that the media and Eric Mangini are such scumbags that they had to blow this out of proportion.

And by saying everyone, he includes the fans, who are, by far the LEAST affected by this situation. The Owner, players and staff are the ones MOST affected by this.

If you don't think this is a distraction for this team then you know nothing about football, or you really like your kool-aid.

I can guarantee you I know a ton about football. And, you clearly haven't bothered to read the statements by Wilfork, Vrabel, Hobbs and Faulk. I'll take their word over yours about the siutation any day.

Yes, they have to put up with the mediots asking them stupid questions, but they all took the same lines. Its over. Lets move on. The TEAM is focusing on San Diego.

I did read the whole thread and I know what I am talking about.

BB saying that he apologizes to everyone affected is not an admission of guilt. Its him saying that he's sorry that the media and Eric Mangini are such scumbags that they had to blow this out of proportion.

And by saying everyone, he includes the fans, who are, by far the LEAST affected by this situation. The Owner, players and staff are the ones MOST affected by this.

I agree 100%.

I voted no.:)

BS - the fans are the only reason any of them have jobs. In any business, the customer is the most important part.

The fans aren't the primary customer. That is what a lot of people overlook. The fans don't write the checks. The advertisers do. ABC, NBC, DirecTV write the checks. And their customers are the advertisers. And that's who pays a MAJORITY of the money that pays the players. Yes, the fans get rolled in a few degrees farther up, but I think you'd find it nearly impossible for fans to NOT buy the things that are being advertised during football games. And they are things that are advertised at other times as well.

BB already apologized because EVERYONE includes the fans.

Yes. Bill Belichick needs to apologize to the fans of NE for bringing 3 lombardis home.:bricks:

where & when?

Its already been pointed out to you. And your making this statement says that you feel you are owed something MORE than what he did. You aren't.

Just wait till the Pats hit the road and play in a stadium with a bunch of signs calling the Pats cheaters...

BB didn't apologize for anything. He said he was sorry to the organization, players, yada, yada, yada.

Sorry for what Bill? Who the hell apologizes for trying to win with every tool possible?

Lets get on with football!!! Go Chargers? :rocker:

He owes his players and the organization an apology if whats being said is true. Not the fans.

Its already been pointed out to you. And your making this statement says that you feel you are owed something MORE than what he did. You aren't.
You really have ***** for brains don't ya?
I already said he doesn't owe me an apology, I'm just asking a question.
I have a news flash for ya. your opinion isn't fact, and concensus isn't a fact based exercise.

When does the Bruins season Start? Go take another puck to the head.

The fans aren't the primary customer. That is what a lot of people overlook. The fans don't write the checks. The advertisers do. ABC, NBC, DirecTV write the checks. And their customers are the advertisers. And that's who pays a MAJORITY of the money that pays the players. Yes, the fans get rolled in a few degrees farther up, but I think you'd find it nearly impossible for fans to NOT buy the things that are being advertised during football games. And they are things that are advertised at other times as well.

BB already apologized because EVERYONE includes the fans.
And did you ever stop to consider WHY the advertisers pay for ads? Because they hope the viewers (=fans) will buy their products. So it still comes back to the fans. With the possible exception of Super Bowls ads, no one would watch the ads if they didn't want to watch the game.

I thought that was very obvious but apparently it isn't.

If BB already apologized to EVERYONE, then I agree he doesn't have to apologize specifically to the fans, although an explicit acknowledgment to the people who are holding up his world would be nice.

He apologized in advance to me.......

In 2001 ;)

again in 2003 ;)

and again in 2004 ;)

I accepted all three times ;)

And did you ever stop to consider WHY the advertisers pay for ads? Because they hope the viewers (=fans) will buy their products. So it still comes back to the fans. With the possible exception of Super Bowls ads, no one would watch the ads if they didn't want to watch the game.

I thought that was very obvious but apparently it isn't.

If BB already apologized to EVERYONE, then I agree he doesn't have to apologize specifically to the fans, although an explicit acknowledgment to the people who are holding up his world would be nice.
Stop trying to talk common sense with dabruinz, it's a language he simply dosen't speak.

Then why did he apologize to the owner, and player?

He isnt apologizing for doing soemthing wrong. He is apologizing to everyone affected.
That sounds to me like he is apologizing for the inconvenience or distraction that has been created. Fans were not AFFECTED.

Lets have proof he did something wrong before asking him to apologize to anyone.

He isnt apologizing for doing soemthing wrong. He is apologizing to everyone affected.
That sounds to me like he is apologizing for the inconvenience or distraction that has been created. Fans were not AFFECTED.

Lets have proof he did something wrong before asking him to apologize to anyone.
If fans were not AFFECTED, then why did we have so many angry and/or defensive and/or embarrassed people posting here yesterday that we lost the database server on several occasions? Obviously the fans are VERY MUCH AFFECTED.

I've read his statement and he apologiezed to the owner, and players, but not the fans.

He is apologizing mostly for the distraction to the team in their rpep for SD. I don't feel he did anything wrong. It will be interesting to see whatthe league says and how BB interpreted the rules.

BTW IMO the media frenzy is payback for BB not kissing the media's butt over the years. They hate the guy hence the feigned outrage if it were Parcells or someone they liked they would laugh it off.

Anyone think BB gives a rat's as* what people think of him? I don't he wants to win Football games period.

Last edited:
I can't ever remember Belichick mentioning the fans in any context.:confused:
So certainy would have been surprised to hear him start now.

BB owes me nothing when I sit home. When I spend $x to attend a game and expect to be entertained by high-quality football, then he does.

My life as a Patriots fan is complete because of him and the Krafts.

Everything else he does is icing on the cake.

BB-keep doing what you are doing.

Don't let the bastards drag you down!

After winning us 3 SB, Belichick could come over and punch my lights out and he wouldn't need to appologize.

Finally, amidst all this cacophony, a voice of reason. Incredible that people get into this granular ****e at this level. Gotta think there's very few of these with real lives. Thanks for adding to the incredibly small amounts of sanity found over the last few days.

What about the FANS

For many years now I have felt that Belichick could care less about the fans.

Today in his statement he did not mention the fans.

I feel bad for the Patriots in all of this, but as a long time fan of the Patriots I hope Mr Belichick gets what is coming to him. He is not above the rules and he has made my favorite team look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes