PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone want to play the Patriots in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
One more post, and then this rookie will stfu for now. Reasons to be in the Holiday Spirit:

1. I hope the "experts" keep picking against our team. Almost all, including Dan, Boomer and Shannon had the Jags. Going into the fourth quarter, why would anyone prefer the other coach and QB over ours?

2. The return of Rodney. I could feel his presence on my TV screen.

3. The O line. Big props after getting slammed after the Miami game. Good protection, & did you see the way they opened it up for Brady's sneaks and Maroney's TD? And this was against the league's top rated D line!

4. Special teams. They're quietly dong their job.

5.The D. All season long, they may have bent, but never broke. ALL INTENSITY ALL THE TIME!

6. Finally, and foremost, Tom. Thank God he wasn't hurt. Where would we be without his REFUSE TO LOSE leadership?

What else do you have to be grateful for on our team? HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

There were three people on that field yesterday - Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi, who were wearing "WE ARE NOT LOSING THIS GAME!" tatooed across the backs of their shirts, and they played like it. Merry Christmas to all!!

3. The O line. Big props after getting slammed after the Miami game. Good protection, & did you see the way they opened it up for Brady's sneaks and Maroney's TD? And this was against the league's top rated D line!

This was a great effort by the Oline.
For me it clears up a little about PATs Oline.
I believe PATs Oline can give Brady time against any Non Blitzing Defense
in the NFL today and probably against some Blitzing teams that don't have
a Taylor type DE.
For some reason they struggle against good blitzing teams.
I wonder if there is a fix for that?

There were three people on that field yesterday - Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi, who were wearing "WE ARE NOT LOSING THIS GAME!" tatooed across the backs of their shirts, and they played like it. Merry Christmas to all!!
I hadn't heard of any designer T-shirts, but I was thinking the number of intense players to be a little higher than three. Neal and Koppen stood out for me, Sanders, TBC, Wright, Warren, Graham, Thomas, Caldwell, Childress, Green...the team leaders exuded fire and brimstone, but they were getting fiery feedback from the surrounding cast too.

For some reason they struggle against good blitzing teams. I wonder if there is a fix for that?
The first fix that comes to mind is receivers who are on the same page with Tommy. The second is good blitz reads by Tommy as he and Koppen parcel out blocking assignments. After that it's all execution.

Dead on analysis of those players. I thought that you could add Ty Warren in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots