PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone think Belichick will resign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For two years I have been saying it is time for him to go. Why would you want to stick with a coach who is clearly taking his team off a cliff. If Miami gets a QB next year I predict we will come in 3rd in our division in 2010.

Get bent......

I had hoped that Belichick becomes VP Operations (Pioli's job) and they hire Shanahan as the next Patriots coach.

IMO, that would be a great combo..

I don't think guys like BB can stick to the groceries while someone else cooks the meal. I also don't think guys like Shanahan keep their nose out of the grocery list. Too much experience, success, and ego for that relationship to work.

Take Dom Capers as an example...he seemed to have 0 effect in NE last year. This year he headed a very very good GB defense...turned them into a successful 3-4 overnight! It is rare for great men (coaches) to compromise and come together like that.

This thread needs some sort of direction quickly before I'm forced to kill it. :beatingcoming:

Kill it. People need time to take a deep breath.

I really sincerely ask people to vent their anger at the game today and not at the entire organization and its history.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Nothing will surprise me with this team. Well.......if Kraft sells/moves the team to LA. That would be completely out of left field.

As far as BB resigning, he's been here a decade, won a crap load of games, three SBs, etched his name amongst the greatest of all time, secured his legacy in NE folklore, so what does he really have to prove?

He's got a hot wife, craploads of money, and I'm sure he's tired as hell.

So if he calls it quits, do you blame him?

Besides.....isn't this why Urban retired so he can take over for BB?:D

Last sentence was a joke for you sensitive girls.

I think he's going to really reevaluate the post 2005 teams. I say 2005 because we had horrible injuries, yet fought our way into the playoffs. We didn't cause the injuries, did our absolute best and could hold our head up high.

I don't feel we always did our best in personnel or on the field after that.

I don't see him retiring, especially on that note.

Okay, so here's my question to some of you who think BB should retire, or question HIS fire to coach any longer. If he does leave, who the **** can we pick up that is going to do a better job? Honestly?! Want Pees or O'brien to step up and take over? C'mon now. Look around the league. Good coaches that can actually field a competitive team yr in and yr out are extremely rare.

The loss today, and this season as a whole was pretty disappointing. I'll agree with that, but if BB leaves, we can only expect to get worse. One thing we have as a fan base that nearly every other fan base in this league doesn't have the luxury of enjoying is that going into any yr. we know this team is going to at least be competitive. Hell, take this team we fielded this yr. throw in a different head coach and we win 7-8 games max.

BB's staff has been gutted nearly every yr now since our SB days. He needs more help. Plain and simple.

obviously NO ONE wants to see BB fired or resign.......he is the greatest coach of all time. However, when you put in 16 hour days, 7 days a week for nearly the entire year and do it for a long time.....eventually, you burn out. He has been that person for the Pats for 10 years now and has put more time in the filmroom and preparing YEAR ROUND from all reports....than anyone.....

I hope he stays for the rest of his career.......I also hope he gets some good coordinators that can take some of the heat off of him......

I think he's going to really reevaluate the post 2005 teams. I say 2005 because we had horrible injuries, yet fought our way into the playoffs. We didn't cause the injuries, did our absolute best and could hold our head up high.

I don't feel we always did our best in personnel or on the field after that.

I don't see him retiring, especially on that note.

post 2005 , other teams have improved , have got good coaches and made good decisons so competition is more. parcells had resureected dallas for e.g .payton with the saints. tomlin with the steelers. chargers have come along great as have the ravens. So its hard to compare.

yes, he has made bade decisions in the draft etc. .but name 15 teams which consistenlty are in contention every yr in this era of free agency and continously picking in top 10 for teams.
They were able to hide their poor drafts because they had such a strong nucleus which many people on this board are over looking. Those bad drafts since 2005 are quickly catching up with them.

Last edited:
He's got a hot wife, craploads of money, and I'm sure he's tired as hell.

Wife? Not as far as I can tell.

I think BB at least knows not to give a flashy free agent a long term contract until he finds out if they're all about the money.:)

I say Bill wakes up tomorrow morning..pissed as hell..Tommy calls him and gives him his thoughts...and BB says..."F it...I'm not done!!"

I sure hope he doesn't resign. Who knows...

Saying you wouldn't mind if he left though...wow. This guy has transformed the the team into a contender every year. We were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. The game has passed him by? I seriously doubt that. BB just needs some more coaching assistance and better players.

Unbelievable that fans wouldn't mind seeing him go. I guess we should get rid of TB as well - he had a bad game. Our franchise should be ready to rock by then...

This thread needs some sort of direction quickly before I'm forced to kill it. :beatingcoming:

Idle threats and they know it. Screw the half measures. Put all the idiots and the idiotic threads in the PS for a couple of weeks and if they continue down the same road just cut 'em. If you really want it to stop.

I would be nice to be able to have civil discussions about what needs to be done going forward but that's not gonna happen under the circumstances. Bill is liable to do anything from dig his heels in to blow it up, but the one thing he won't do is retire.

its not just the fans which ask this crap..look athis question to brady today

Q: You and Coach Bill Belichick have both fielded a lot of questions about the future and where you go from here. Do you think it’s too early to be talking about the foundation of the franchise? Was it just a tough game or a bad season?

TB: Well, we were the third seed in the AFC coming into the game and we lost some games here in the second half throughout the season that we all felt we should have won. We just didn’t make the plays when we needed them during the second half. It’s not like we were 2-14 – we’re not at that stage – it’s just there were things that showed up over the course of the year that we didn’t do very well. I reflect a lot on what I need to do as a quarterback and I need to have a great offseason and certainly play at my highest level next year. I think that’s really what the team counts on from me and that’s really what I count on from myself. At times, all of us played to our level, and at certain other times, we didn’t. Today, none of us played very good.

Last edited:
sounds like a cartoon script

the team needs an OC

A decent OC will completely change things. BB had way too much on his plate this season and had to do way too much. Never in his career did he have to spend as much time with the offensive as he did this year

Is Jeff Fisher going to retire because of the Titans season?
Your question has nothing to do with my post, which you replied to. I didn't say I think BB is going to resign, should resign, or shouldn't. I just said it is a legitimate question to ask and discuss. And in fact, that's what you're doing, is discussing it. Not that your argument is very relevant (it kind of reminds me of Bluto in Animal House), but nevertheless you are discussing it.

He gets enormous credit for past accomplishments. But it is only fair to criticize his mistakes; if he is responsible for the superbowls, he is also responsible for what we saw today. This year, he did a poor job. Got rid of several tough players for nothing in return and brought in some lesser players who could not do what he asked them to do. Consider his attempt to fill WR with Lewis (for a draft pick) and Galloway. A draft pick for a TE who lasted about 2 weeks. Two draft picks for Burgess. The strength of all four LBs is speed, but he asks them to play read and react where they get consistently overpowered. It is what it is.

Last edited:
He gets enormous credit for past accomplishments. But it is only fair to criticize his mistakes; if he is responsible for the superbowls, he is also responsible for what we saw today. This year, he did a poor job. Got rid of several tough players for nothing in return and brought in some lesser players who could not do what he asked them to do. Consider his attempt to fill WR with Lewis (for a draft pick) and Galloway. A draft pick for a TE who lasted about 2 weeks. Two draft picks for Burgess. The strength of all four LBs is speed, but he asks them to play read and react where they get consistently overpowered. It is what it is.
Sshh - you'll get in trouble here if you say stuff like that! :eek:
(but I agree with you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes