PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone really believe this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady may not be the same player he was, but he is still probably 95-97% of it. The Pats' struggles yesterday had nothing to do with Brady's decline. His struggles has to do with him being shell shocked from being hit so much. He always has had that problem. But then again, what QB doesn't.

Rob, you need to rewatch the snow game. Brady's mobility and courage to stand in against pressure will shock you. Whatever he's gained in experience is significantly outweighed by what he's lost in terms of movement and balls. People here are focusing on his arm, which you're probably right, is about the same, but the thing that made him special (along with the short to intermediate accuracy) was his movement in the pocket and keeping plays alive. That hasn't really been there consistently since the knee surgery.

Rob, you need to rewatch the snow game. Brady's mobility and courage to stand in against pressure will shock you. Whatever he's gained in experience is significantly outweighed by what he's lost in terms of movement and balls. People here are focusing on his arm, which you're probably right, is about the same, but the thing that made him special (along with the short to intermediate accuracy) was his movement in the pocket and keeping plays alive. That hasn't really been there consistently since the knee surgery.

So the thing that made him special wasn't present in 2010, when he won the only unanimous MVP in NFL history?

He was as good as ever in 2010 and 2011, which happen to be the last years that he had excellent C/Gs.

Least accurate QB in week 1 so far...51%....yikes

They had the best receiving "core" in 2009-2012? Really?
Randy Moss 83 rec 1264 yards 13TD's
Wes Welker 123 rec 1328 yards 4 TD's
the 3rd 4th and 5th opt was Edelman faulk and Watson,
IMO Brady's best season 36 TD's only 4 INT's and a MVP
welker Gronk Hernandez. Woodhead and Branch none of them with a 1000 yards but all of them over 500 yards and 6 TD's
welker Gronk and hernadez had 33TD's and almost 4000 yards on there own
Brady again almost throws for 5000 yards again with the same group of guys plus Brandon Lloyd who has a almost 1000 yards season, I bet you could look through the 49ers glory days and not find a group of guys better then that after rice, as great as Brady is you cant put up dose number with out someone getting open to throw to and Brady had talent around him until last year and so far this year

I can't believe how many idiots come out of the wood work when they don't understand the context of the situation. Just like a lot of people in world, many are delusional and lack common sense and reality. Rant over

I can't believe how many idiots come out of the wood work when they don't understand the context of the situation. Just like a lot of people in world, many are delusional and lack common sense and reality. Rant over

Yep! It ruins the site. I am wondering how many Pats losses would it take for them to give up completely and go troll their misery someplace else. Most are just projecting their life failures here so its mostly comical.

Last edited:
How many games would the pats have to

Yep! It ruins the site. I am wondering how many Pats losses would it take for them to give up completely and go troll their misery someplace else. Most are just projecting their life failures here so its mostly comical.
If I hadn't looked at the website I would swear this was a jets board.

His deep ball is just plain bad...but it has always been really

He is probably 90% of what he was in 2007

The fact is we really won't know what we have here until at least week five. This happens EVERY single year where people make assumptions from a really small sample size early. Teams that look like world beaters early on usually are a completely different story by the end of the year and vice versa.

They played a really bad second half and Brady in particular looked awful but playing Miami down there has never been easy. Brady isn't getting any younger but I'll still take him over any QB in the league when he gets time to throw.

If both lines still look like this in weeks 6 or 7 then yeah, time to panic, but as of right now I'm not dismantling my Brady and Belichick shrine.

It's been a common thing since the SB42 loss that Brady is in decline, blah, blah, blah. Anytime the Pats lose this story gets brought up. Seems like Kirsch Words was just as bad as the board yesterday. It's one game, does it suck that they lost? Of course. On a personal level it's been bad at work lately so I was hoping for a win for a much needed morale boost...which will come on sunday...:cool:

Brady looked bad yesterday. Even in first half he did not have his usual zip on balls and IMO about 30-50% of the 'on-target' balls did not have his usual accuracy (body location on the receiver). Is it age, ding on his leg acting up after sweltering in heat for 2 hours, frustration/distraction from the pressure/inadequate OL play, or wrs who arent on same page..... ????

We'll have to wait and see if this becomes a theme and we can say this is when TB started sucking ..... or it was just an anomoly.

All that said; TB on his worst day in 2 years; was STILL looking better than a much younger Tannehill. That guy was all over the place. He got lucky that his run game bailed him out of having to play catchup and expose them to a blow out 4 INT day .

Brady is fine so long as he has an OL in front of him that can offer him some protection because, when he gets hit often, his quality of play takes a sharp nosedive.

The coaching staff needs to figure out how to adjust to the other teams halftime adjustments. They have been brutal at this for some time now.

Brady is still one of the best Qb's in the league but at age 37 of course he is on the decline. If Brady played fro the Bronos and had their o-line and weapons people may not notice his decline as much. The problem is that Brady looks much much worse than he is because of the o-line and because he receivers are about a half step up from the receivers from the 2006 season.

So the thing that made him special wasn't present in 2010, when he won the only unanimous MVP in NFL history?

He was as good as ever in 2010 and 2011, which happen to be the last years that he had excellent C/Gs.

My point was his once elite pocket movement skills have diminished. You respond by saying that he is still good when he has a fortress in front of him. I'm not sure we have any disagreement. The point is, before, it didn't really matter whether he was getting rushed. He would extend plays, he would run for first downs, he would stand in until the last millisecond. I wouldn't recommend it, but look at SB 42. He was literally assaulted for 60 minutes and till the very end he was standing in and hurling 70 yard passes down the field.

He's probably been in a slow decline since his late 20's (like all of us). Doesn't mean he isn't the best for the job.

Brady is just getting older like anyone else but he is not declining or starting to suck like some people say. However, Brady is not the super hero that can win games by himself. BB is like us all, believes in his team and believes this team can win with any names he puts on the roster as long as he is coaching and Brady is throwing, I don't think this is right but I hope BB will prove me wrong

If Brady didn't have an interior oline made up of UFAs nobody else wants and had an ESTABLISHED standout WR with top size and or great speed capable of making big catches consistently you wouldn't notice a decline at all. Although Connolly is an OK center he along with Kline,Wendell,Devey are all unwanted around the NFL yet here they are the core interior oline of a Superbowl contender. Do you think maybe, just possibly that has something to do with Brady out of rhythm. Vollmer has declined but hopefully still serviceable. I liked Veldheer as a fa because of Vollmers collection of injuries. Oh also do out think its possible the league has caught up with the offense using hot reads to get their short average speed WRs open. If Brady and WRs must make the same read so that the wrs can find a hole in the defenses coverage mostly short range that maybe the defensive coaches can see their reads to. You don't think Brady at some point could use a good speedy or big WR that can just say ' we are running this route the WR is going to flat out best the coverage and if Brady throws the strike its a 20 yard gain and the WR will burn the defender by blowing by him or if a big WR snag the pass regardless of who is on his back and come away with the ball.

Is Aaron Rodgers declining, course not, but he lost a couple of weapons and another is about 30 yrs old. Also injuries on the Oline has caused patriot caliber olineman to start. Now against a great defense Rodgers struggles and he actually has mobility. Well with the patriot oline every defense looks elite. That's why I say start the most talented guys at guard and that being Cannon and Fleming and coach them up into the scheme. They have the size power talent to go one on one with most DTs. Connolly,Wendy wants to double team a DT on every play because I would bet over half the DTs in the NFL would blow them away one on one, especially Wendy. Connolly holds up good enough to be serviceable at center where going one on one is minimized. At guard, Connolly,devey,Kline, none of them can compete one on one and there aren't enough blockers to double team every DLineman. Many times a defender came in free while while Connolly and Wendy were double teaming somebody. That's why Cannon and Fleming need to start at guard with Stork and Connolly competing for center.

Even then If this team wants to compete Bill will have to pull off a significant trade and maybe give up a Round 2 and both #4s for a standout onlineman preferably who can play guard and tackle very well. Instead of Jemea Thomas and James white a true Tackle prospect is looking good right now like Seantrel Henderson and or Antonio Richardson or any of the other good tackle prospects. However I'm sure Bill won't want to part with a high and mid round pick to fix his oline. He is to concerned with who he will miss in the draft. Which BTW poor drafting is part of the problems at the line of scrimmage. An olineman or Lineman is looking really good in place of that garappollo pick right now. I just don't think you worry bout your backup qb when your interior oline is a bunch of UFAs. What so the backup can come in and get beat up to.

I think Dline can be fixed with formation and scheme. Activate Quarles and dump vellano. Easley should hopefully get better and maybe return to the 4-3. Even if they stay with 3-4 Wilfork quarles Easley and Siliga at Dline while jones moves to rush OLB sounds far more stout. But the oline needs an injection of talent and power whether starting Fleming at guard or pulling off a significant trade or maybe both. I don't see oline getting fixed with Wendy connolly devey Kline. At WR its important to get Dobson and Kenbrell more involved. They have the talent and chance to be up to date modern WRs. Kenbrell should pass Amendola and La Loser Lafell on the depth chart. When Dobson returns our starting lineup should be Dobson, Gronk, Kenbrell, Edelman and Vereen. My opinion they are the most talented playmakers.

Anybody who thinks the WR shouldn't have to make an adjustment is nuts. Like the WR should be able to run with his eyes closed and hold his hands up the QB should drop it in his hands. WRs always make adjustments whether slowing down or accelerating to catch up to the pass. Problem is the #1 and 2 WRs can't outrun coverage to a long throw. That's why I think both Kenbrell and Dobson should be ahead of Amendola and Loser Lafell.

Brady isn't declining, Grapp has a very good arm and look how much harder Brady throws. Like I said has Rodgers declined because he is missing some weapons was harassed by pressure of great defense. Problem is every defense looks elite with patriot oline. No QB has ever defeated intense pressure and being hit repeatedly when a team gets the pressure without blitzing which means dropping 7 back and doubling most of your playmakers while the qb has no time to throw

• Winner
Reactions: JR4
If Brady didn't have an interior oline made up of UFAs nobody else wants and had an ESTABLISHED standout WR with top size and or great speed capable of making big catches consistently you wouldn't notice a decline at all. Although Connolly is an OK center he along with Kline,Wendell,Devey are all unwanted around the NFL yet here they are the core interior oline of a Superbowl contender. Do you think maybe, just possibly that has something to do with Brady out of rhythm. Vollmer has declined but hopefully still serviceable. I liked Veldheer as a fa because of Vollmers collection of injuries. Oh also do out think its possible the league has caught up with the offense using hot reads to get their short average speed WRs open. If Brady and WRs must make the same read so that the wrs can find a hole in the defenses coverage mostly short range that maybe the defensive coaches can see their reads to. You don't think Brady at some point could use a good speedy or big WR that can just say ' we are running this route the WR is going to flat out best the coverage and if Brady throws the strike its a 20 yard gain and the WR will burn the defender by blowing by him or if a big WR snag the pass regardless of who is on his back and come away with the ball.

Is Aaron Rodgers declining, course not, but he lost a couple of weapons and another is about 30 yrs old. Also injuries on the Oline has caused patriot caliber olineman to start. Now against a great defense Rodgers struggles and he actually has mobility. Well with the patriot oline every defense looks elite. That's why I say start the most talented guys at guard and that being Cannon and Fleming and coach them up into the scheme. They have the size power talent to go one on one with most DTs. Connolly,Wendy wants to double team a DT on every play because I would bet over half the DTs in the NFL would blow them away one on one, especially Wendy. Connolly holds up good enough to be serviceable at center where going one on one is minimized. At guard, Connolly,devey,Kline, none of them can compete one on one and there aren't enough blockers to double team every DLineman. Many times a defender came in free while while Connolly and Wendy were double teaming somebody. That's why Cannon and Fleming need to start at guard with Stork and Connolly competing for center.

Even then If this team wants to compete Bill will have to pull off a significant trade and maybe give up a Round 2 and both #4s for a standout onlineman preferably who can play guard and tackle very well. Instead of Jemea Thomas and James white a true Tackle prospect is looking good right now like Seantrel Henderson and or Antonio Richardson or any of the other good tackle prospects. However I'm sure Bill won't want to part with a high and mid round pick to fix his oline. He is to concerned with who he will miss in the draft. Which BTW poor drafting is part of the problems at the line of scrimmage. An olineman or Lineman is looking really good in place of that garappollo pick right now. I just don't think you worry bout your backup qb when your interior oline is a bunch of UFAs. What so the backup can come in and get beat up to.

I think Dline can be fixed with formation and scheme. Activate Quarles and dump vellano. Easley should hopefully get better and maybe return to the 4-3. Even if they stay with 3-4 Wilfork quarles Easley and Siliga at Dline while jones moves to rush OLB sounds far more stout. But the oline needs an injection of talent and power whether starting Fleming at guard or pulling off a significant trade or maybe both. I don't see oline getting fixed with Wendy connolly devey Kline. At WR its important to get Dobson and Kenbrell more involved. They have the talent and chance to be up to date modern WRs. Kenbrell should pass Amendola and La Loser Lafell on the depth chart. When Dobson returns our starting lineup should be Dobson, Gronk, Kenbrell, Edelman and Vereen. My opinion they are the most talented playmakers.

Anybody who thinks the WR shouldn't have to make an adjustment is nuts. Like the WR should be able to run with his eyes closed and hold his hands up the QB should drop it in his hands. WRs always make adjustments whether slowing down or accelerating to catch up to the pass. Problem is the #1 and 2 WRs can't outrun coverage to a long throw. That's why I think both Kenbrell and Dobson should be ahead of Amendola and Loser Lafell.

Brady isn't declining, Grapp has a very good arm and look how much harder Brady throws. Like I said has Rodgers declined because he is missing some weapons was harassed by pressure of great defense. Problem is every defense looks elite with patriot oline. No QB has ever defeated intense pressure and being hit repeatedly when a team gets the pressure without blitzing which means dropping 7 back and doubling most of your playmakers while the qb has no time to throw

carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes