PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone on this board have one LEGITIMATE reason to attack Dungy????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask, if only to satisfy my curiosity: what would it lead to?

In my opinion...a complete decay of family values, and moral decency. And before you jump down my throat with some example of a good, solid, gay family unit, keep in mind the lifestyle lived by MOST gay men and women. You know...Jerry Falwell once said that gay unions and the gay family structure weren't the problem...that gay promiscuity was. Maybe he was right, I honestly don't know. But I do know that it seems like an awfully slippery slope to embark upon. What would be next...it's ok for a 30 year old to marry a 12 year old ? The issue for me is pnce a line is crossed, every single practitioner of every depraved act you could imagine would be lobbying for "equal rights" including true perverts like child molesters. Honestly...you can't see that?

LOL. Fair enough...we will agree to disagree which is what America is about, but for the future when you encounter these type of debates...people will take you more seriously if you don't try to compare a choice like homosexuality or child molesting (which psychology would have us believe is also genetic...just using your logic) with a true genetic feature like skin color, or height, or eye color.

That is a losing battle you are fighting as the facts are just not there fpr a sound argument.

I like how you ignore the mountains of research that suggest that homosexuality is present at birth. Not that much of a stretch, seeing as homosexuality exists elsewhere in the animal kingdom. We are, after all, only animals. Should it thoroughly convince you? Maybe, maybe not, But ignoring it entirely is ridiculous. Therefore the gay: black analogy still fits, despite what you say.

You saying that there are no facts doesn't mean that they're not there.

Excellent attempt at talking down to me. You certainly threw me off; I actually had trouble typing a response while I was laughing.

In my opinion...a complete decay of family values, and moral decency. And before you jump down my throat with some example of a good, solid, gay family unit, keep in mind the lifestyle lived by MOST gay men and women. You know...Jerry Falwell once said that gay unions and the gay family structure weren't the problem...that gay promiscuity was. Maybe he was right, I honestly don't know. But I do know that it seems like an awfully slippery slope to embark upon. What would be next...it's ok for a 30 year old to marry a 12 year old ? The issue for me is pnce a line is crossed, every single practitioner of every depraved act you could imagine would be lobbying for "equal rights" including true perverts like child molesters. Honestly...you can't see that?

Hmmmm...consenting adults as defined by state or federal law getting married = child molesters lobbying to marry little kids

Yeah, that seems about right.

Should I bother pointing out that the overwhelming majority of STDs are spread by heterosexual promiscuity?

Should I bother pointing out that the overwhelming majority of pedophiles are heterosexual? It seems that limiting marriage to man and woman is having some adverse affects. Let's get rid of that, too.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the human/animal marriage argument. You must have an outdated checklist.

I like how you ignore the mountains of research that suggest that homosexuality is present at birth. Not that much of a stretch, seeing as homosexuality exists elsewhere in the animal kingdom. We are, after all, only animals. Should it thoroughly convince you? Maybe, maybe not, But ignoring it entirely is ridiculous. Therefore the gay: black analogy still fits, despite what you say.

Excellent attempt at talking down to me. You certainly threw me off; I actually had trouble typing a response while I was laughing.

Lots of things exist in the animal kingdom that don't exist in humans, and flip and reverse that statement its still true. Some animals can also produce asexually. Male horsefish give birth. Different species can interbreed with each other (horses and donkeys, lions and tigers, yes ligers do exist in real life)

Humans aren't animals, they are above animals. Thats why we are considered the dominate species on this planet, justifying homosexuality because a FEW ISOLATED ANIMALS have been shown to have homosexual tendencies doesn't mean its natural for humans. There have been MANY people who have said that it was their choice to be gay/act on their desires. Humans ability to think and decide these decisions for themselves is what sets us apart and why I don't think that was a very good supporting argument on your part.

Last edited:

Poor logic still...and yes I am actually chuckling to myself as well. Here is why...according to your argument: someone is homosexual at birth (given my background I admit there is a possibility that someone could be born with those tendencies) that still doesn't mean that they do not have the ability to ignore their impulses. You didn't respond to my analogy about child molesters...common psychological theory now holds that child molesters are predisposed to sexual depravity, and then perhaps environmental factors contribute in some capacity or not. By your theory, child molesters should be given the same rights as everyone else because "they have no choice".

Again...black isn't a behavior which can be changed tomorrow, a gay man can say "I will never sleep with a man again" It's a matter of impulse control.

Lots of things exist in the animal kingdom that don't exist in humans, and flip and reverse that statement its still true. Some animals can also produce asexually. Male horsefish give birth. Different species can interbreed with each other (horses and donkeys, lions and tigers, yes ligers do exist in real life)

Humans aren't animals, they are above animals. Thats we are considered the dominate species on this planet, justifying homosexuality because a FEW ISOLATED ANIMALS have been shown to have homosexual tendencies doesn't mean its natural for humans. There have been MANY people who have said that it was their choice to be gay/act on their desires. Humans ability to think and decide these decisions for themselves is what sets up apart and why I don't think that was a very good supporting argument on your part.

Very well written.

Humans aren't animals, they are above animals.

Hubris, nothing more. We're animals. The most highly-evolved, yep, but animals nonetheless.

There have been MANY people who have said that it was their choice to be gay/act on their desires.

Oooooh, the ever-popular "many", huh? And how many more say that they knew there was something different about them while they were still kids? I'll give you a hint: it's a whole lot more. Also, nice hedging your bets by throwing in that they chose to ACT on their desires. I suppose I could launch in on where those desires came from, but not right now. Regardless, every one of us chooses to act on their desires. That's not an argument; it's a restatement of the painfully obvious.

This whole line of reasoning is actually stunning.

This whole line of reasoning is actually stunning.

The fact that you believe a human thinking that they are above animals on evolutionary totem pole to be hubris leads me to believe that you are more of an illogical zealot than any Christian that I know. Science and religion BOTH agree that humans are at the top.

I suspect that you are either are gay, or are close to someone who is, and are looking for a Mr. Rogers style "it's ok to be you" from society which will never come.

I don't mean that in a hateful, or mean spirited way at all...I just can't reconcile your arguments with any logic. And I have debated from both sides of several tough issues like abortion, and euthanasia in my lifetime, so I assure you I am capable of playing devil's advocate on the other side of an issue, and I'm just not buying you arguments.

Poor logic still...and yes I am actually chuckling to myself as well. Here is why...according to your argument: someone is homosexual at birth (given my background I admit there is a possibility that someone could be born with those tendencies) that still doesn't mean that they do not have the ability to ignore their impulses. You didn't respond to my analogy about child molesters...common psychological theory now holds that child molesters are predisposed to sexual depravity, and then perhaps environmental factors contribute in some capacity or not. By your theory, child molesters should be given the same rights as everyone else because "they have no choice".

Just so you know, it's generally accepted as fact that pedophiles are predisposed to it. Seeing as my wife is receiving her doctorate in sexual deviancy and pedophilia this coming Friday, feel free to take my word on that.

However, predisposition doesn't equal acceptance. Pyromaniacs are predisposed to setting fires, but, hey, it's still illegal. I have no "theory" that says child molesters should be exempt from the laws because of an uncontrollable compulsion. I also can make the distinction that molesting a child is illegal and being a homosexual is not. At least, not yet, anyway.

Nice work equating homosexuals to pedophiles, though.

Hey, I gotta run for the night. Let me know who's after the gays on your list of "People the Bible told me to discriminate against."

Last edited:
COme to think of it, were I to argue your side of the argument, a more appropriate analogy for you to use than black people is obese people. Science tells us that obesity is a genetic predisposition, but it still requires a daily choice/action(overeating) to manifest itself. There...don't say I never gave you anything.

The fact that you believe a human thinking that they are above animals on evolutionary totem pole to be hubris leads me to believe that you are more of an illogical zealot than any Christian that I know. Science and religion BOTH agree that humans are at the top.

Man, you're simple. Yes, we're at the top. The lion is above the gazelle, too, but last I checked the lion is still an animal.

I suspect that you are either are gay, or are close to someone who is, and are looking for a Mr. Rogers style "it's ok to be you" from society which will never come.

Ah, look who's got nothing but an attempted cheap shot. Sorry to disillusion you, but I'm happily married...to a woman! And we have sex on a semi-regular basis! Hoo-ah!

I don't mean that in a hateful, or mean spirited way at all...I just can't reconcile your arguments with any logic. And I have debated from both sides of several tough issues like abortion, and euthanasia in my lifetime, so I assure you I am capable of playing devil's advocate on the other side of an issue, and I'm just not buying you arguments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your argument was, "Because the Bible told me." And then you gave me the whole "If gays marry, what's next? Man-boy marriages! That's what!!!" Yeah, that's logical.

I'm really leaving now.

Just so you know, it's generally accepted as fact that pedophiles are predisposed to it. Seeing as my wife is receiving her doctorate in sexual deviancy and pedophilia this coming Friday, feel free to take my word on that.

However, predisposition doesn't equal acceptance. Pyromaniacs are predisposed to setting fires, but, hey, it's still illegal. I have no "theory" that says child molesters should be exempt from the laws because of an uncontrollable compulsion. I also can make the distinction that molesting a child is illegal and being a homosexual is not. Al least, not yet, anyway.

Nice work equating homosexuals to pedophiles, though.

Hey, I gotta run for the night. Let me know who's after the gays on your list of "People the Bible told me to discriminate against."

You just made my point for me without even realizing it.

"However, predisposition doesn't equal acceptance"

Congrats to your wife...I mean that. Out of curiosity...what on earth does one do with that doctorate?

And I do give you credit for being married and even remembering what sex is...don't rub it in for the rest of us married chaps.

Last edited:
Me saying that I think you might be gay or close to a gay person is a cheapshot? Why is that?

Is it an insult to be called gay?

Oh...and no, I have no legitimate reason to hate Tony Dungy. I just dislike him because he coaches the Colts. I wanted to get that in here lol.

You just made my point for me without even realizing it.

"However, predisposition doesn't equal acceptance"

Congrats to your wife...I mean that. Out of curiosity...what on earth does one do with that doctorate?

Goddammit, could you wait a couple minutes so I can get out of here?

No, I didn't make your point for you. I meant acceptance in the legal sense. We have laws, and pedophiles break them. Homosexuals don't just by being homosexual. For me, there's nothing to "accept" as far as gays are concerned. Consenting adults? Marry who you want to marry.

Keep your congratulations. We're not bonding, you and I. Personally, you and everyone like you disgusts me. If you ever got your way with the homosexuals, you'd just move on to some other group...because of a book. Awesome.

Last edited:
I'm really leaving now.

You took one small section of my argument and tried to make it my entire argument. That's debate 101...we're in honors debate classes here.

Me saying that I think you might be gay or close to a gay person is a cheapshot? Why is that?

Is it an insult to be called gay?

For me? No. Gay guys love me, and I happen to find it flattering. You intended it as a cheap shot. It's pretty obvious when people do that.

Last edited:
You took one small section of my argument and tried to make it my entire argument. That's debate 101...we're in honors debate classes here.

Thanks, teach. You'd get shredded in a live debate on this topic. Shredded.

Goddammit, could you wait a couple minutes so I can get out of here?

No, I didn't make your point for you. I meant acceptance in the legal sense. We have laws, and pedophiles break them. Homosexuals don't just be being homosexual. For me, there's nothing to "accept" as far as gays are concerned. Consenting adults? Marry who you want to marry.

Keep your congratulations. We're not bonding, you and I. Personally, you and everyone like you disgusts me. If you ever got your way with the homosexuals, you'd just move on to some other group...because of a book. Awesome.

You don't know me at all so don't insinuate that you do. I'm a good man with a good heart, who doesn't wish harm to anyone. I just have a set of beliefs that I will intelligently, and passionately defend. It isn't personal to me...or it wasn't until you just made it so. And please do not take the lord's name in vein to place emphasis on your irritation. It already oozes through your posts.

Last edited:
You don't know me at all so don't insinuate that you do. I'm a good man with a good heart, who doesn't wish harm to anyone. I just have a set of beliefs that I will intelligently, and passionately defend. It isn't personal to me...or it wasn't until you just made it so. And please do not take the lord's name in vein to place emphasis on your irritation. It already oozes through your posts.

Not wishing harm to anyone? Maybe not directly. But your contention that a class of people shouldn't have the fundamental right to marry marginalizes them and makes it easier for others to harm them. Have your beliefs, but be man enough to accept the possible consequences. "I'm a good man with a good heart...except when it comes to gays. They're lame."

As far as me taking the Lord's name in vain...guess what? If He minds, I'm sure he'll let me know personally. You're not a prophet.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey