PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone on this board have one LEGITIMATE reason to attack Dungy????

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is classless ..he is weak ...lets polian do his dirty work and then acts all rightious. he whines all the time. ex. schedule.

and religion? you know what? if you dont want to be judged...then dont judge others!

Please don't use the "judged" quote since, given your poor usage of it here, you probably don't have any idea what was truly meant by that passage. It also doesn't belong on the football forum.

Last edited:
Manning? I have no problem with Manning. Wonderful quarterback, love watching him play. Glad I've been able to do so.

The man does not no how to turn down a commerical deal. Ohh and...

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/peyton-mannings-sweet-16-party-cameo-241661.php

pyetonsweet16.jpg

When has Dungy ever said he was intolerant of Gay people?? When has he treated members of the gay community with prejudice??

You can't be serious.

Hate is a very strong word, I don't hate him. I hate how he seems so sanctimonious sometimes. He is attacked, but Belly is much, much more attacked and that was before tha camera crud. I agree on one point though, the suicide? Don't go there--ever. My heart broke for him.

Amen. That's deep, personal and off limits.

Look, this really doesn't belong on the football forum, but some people consider the right to marry a consenting, adult partner of their choice to be a basic human right. Naturally those people will believe that someone out to deny them that right is bigoted against them.

thats your opinion, and we can agree to disagree early before this thread takes a early detour.

I like Dungy, think he's a good coach and that he got screwed when Chucky and the Bucs won the SB after he left with a team that HE built but Grudin got all the credit.

However whenever you see him on camera those eyes of his freak me out, they always look like they're super glued wide open and he can't blink!

god is on his side

Ya know? I still don't get this one. They go on and on and on about Tom's baby, but never mention that Marvin has the exact same situation. I just can't figure that out.

Well, let's be better than them, again, and not comment on it.

I haven't got a problem with Dungy at all. He's a good coach of a great football team.

I don't agree with all his beliefs and opinions, but if we all thought the same, life would be boring.

Terry

I think he's a jerk and that's entirely my opinion.

thats your opinion, and we can agree to disagree early before this thread takes a early detour.
Works for me, but don't look at people like they have two heads because they do perceive something as bigoted. You might not like their reasons, but they do have reasons.

Tony Dungy is a complete Jerkoff. Yes a JERKOFF.

besides his ultra-religious, i'm-a-better-person-than-you bull**** attitude,
he's a lying sack of garbage

After the pats got busted for doing what every single team in the league does, Dungy said "it's a sad day in the nfl". what a crock or horse****. that lying scumbag has a coach on his own team that has been called the best in the league at stealing signals. Even if you do buy into that b.s. crap about dungy being a saint, you could argue that he would stop his coach from stealing signals. that still doesn't explain his b.s. "shocked" response when asked about it.

Oh yeah i almost forgot, he's spineless. when the colts choked against Pitt, dungy called a punt on 4th down but Manning yelled at the punt team to get off the field and he called his own play, which is not what Dungy wanted.
He was too big of a pansy to say or do anything about it.

Alls I know is in the last week it's been

God - 0
New England - 4

(sorry to offend, I kid.)

Does anyone on this board have one LEGITIMATE reason to attack Dungy????

Yup, he coaches the Colts. ;)

The rest I couldn't really care less about. Personal stuff is personal stuff.

Alls I know is in the last week it's been

God - 0
New England - 4

(sorry to offend, I kid.)

Something bad happens: God works in mysterious ways
Something good happens: It was God's work

So I guess it doesn't really matter whose side he's on, empirically speaking...personally, I'd rather have Belichick and Brady.

Boomer, are you offended ???

Tough, you think we really care that your feelings are hurt when we have fans like you coming in here telling us what to think about our own team !

Your a momma's boy, we hope your offended. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure who runs that team. Looks like to me the pecking order is Manning, Polian, then Dungy. When was the last time he lost a coach or play caller ??

He's a pretender until he's suffered the losses the Pats have ! Must be nice for Manning to have those SAME receivers for years, Harrison's been there since they both came into the league. I think he's been praised as a great man because of something else other then his skill.

Does what I wrote bother you, tough ! Not that I think everything I wrote is right, but it hurts doesn't it, take a hike ! MOMMA'S BOY !!

Frankly, yeah. He grates on me. He's a total phony. I genuinely mistrust people who wrap themselves in the cloak of morality and "classiness" but love to promote the hell out of themselves in the meantime. So, what, he goes to church and smiles, and suddenly he's Mother f*cking Teresa? Yeah, I dislike people like that. At least you know what you're getting with Belichick, he's up front about his job and doesn't need to create some silly image of himself to empower himself. Tony Dungy is Ted Haggard to me. Gay bashing and all.

Manning? I have no problem with Manning. Wonderful quarterback, love watching him play. Glad I've been able to do so.

I have a special spot of dislike for phonies like Dungy who claim some mantle of moral superiority but love the spotlight. It stinks to me. He's full of sh*t.
The holier than though is a bit HARD to take...as is his gay bashing views..but again..there is a LARGE group of MANY that have those same narrow views. A bit over the top esp in his spygate comments..as if all the whiining and trying to manipulate the rules is just as not fair... Yuk!!! Moral superiot?? NFW!!!
...Manning?? HE and Tom are friends..so there is not a problem there.. Polien is more the problem with Indy...for all that he has done and will do.

A few solid reasons for not liking Dungy:

1. He emphasizes that not only is it important that a black coach won the Super Bowl, but more importantly, a Christian coach won it.

I'm assuming he thinks a bunch of Jewish and Muslim coaches won the Bowl before? Maybe Atheists or Wiccans? What makes him the first Christian coach to win it? Is he, maybe, a bit holier than thou? What conclusion am I supposed to draw from this?

2. He talks about being a coach that doesn't swear and doing it the right way? What does that say about Belichick?

3. He employs Howard Mudd, the dean of "cheating" with videocameras, and then he takes potshots in the media at Belichick.

4. He and Polian whine and complain about the Patriots clutching their wide receivers, get the rules changed, and then they have their own wide receivers clutch and grab the Patriots (Hayden on Caldwell last year) and are the benefactors of a horrendous non-call under the new rules.

Deus your opinion is heard....i still stand by what i said. and yes i am well aware of what is misunderstood about what the Bible means when using ....we are not to judge others.

i will not rebute any answer you have on this topic. judge discussion is over for me

I've never liked the guy. He's a sanctimonious windbag who attacks others in the most passive "Hey, I'm Tony Dungy and I'm smiling, so I can say whatever I like and you'll love me" way. He and Polian couldn't beat the Pats on the field, so they consistently campaigned for "re-emphasis" of rules that would most benefit them, instead of beating New England at their own game. His ego is IMMENSE, but he hides it behind a good, humble Christian facade. He hates gays. He aligned himself with a group who wanted to pass legislation to make it a legal requirement to tell women seeking an abortion that life begins at conception and that the fetus will feel pain.

I truly feel for him because his kid killed himself, but that doesn't make him any more likable in my eyes.
Yup, same reasons I have. I HATE whiners and he is classic at doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes