PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone on this board have one LEGITIMATE reason to attack Dungy????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo0MeR

Banned
Reaction score
So far we have some classic idiotic reasoning from many users on this board

1) He's a christian, therefore he is the devil

2) OMG he doesnt support Gay marriage?? he's a BIGOT

3) His son killed himself, so he must be a horrible father

4) he wrote a BOOK, and he's a COACH. WTF is he doing???

5) He's always so holy, holy this, holy that

6) he said it was a "sad day for the NFL" when spygate happened

7) He doesn't cuss??? **** him then

Come on, you all can do better than that

I like him. And I like Peyton.

Hating Dungy is moronic.

the way he is attacked here on this board almost every other post it seems like makes me think most of the posters here think otherwise

I don't mind Dungy, except I do think his stance on gay marriage is bigoted. But I don't have to agree with someone's politics to think they're a great coach, and Dungy is obviously a great coach.

Bill Polian is really the only member of the organization I don't like, and that's because of his own mouth. He's a supremely talented GM.

Well we all follow an evil team led by an evil coach so that makes us evil fans. Aren't we supposed to loathe the good side?

the way he is attacked here on this board almost every other post it seems like makes me think most of the posters here think otherwise

Worse than your attacks on Belichick?

1) OMG he cheated!

2) He runs up the score!

3) He doesn't talk to the media!

Shall I go on?

So far we have some classic idiotic reasoning from many users on this board

1) He's a christian, therefore he is the devil

2) OMG he doesnt support Gay marriage?? he's a BIGOT

3) His son killed himself, so he must be a horrible father

4) he wrote a BOOK, and he's a COACH. WTF is he doing???

5) He's always so holy, holy this, holy that

7) He doesn't cuss??? **** him then

Come on, you all can do better than that

Hey, Jesus had to suffer. What makes Dungy any different? He'll be canonized before you know it!

By the way, being opposed to the legal union of two consenting adults based upon their sexual orientation does, in fact, make him a bigot. The rest of your "points" exhibit a Gump-like depth of thought.

I have seen very few attacking Dungy here. Sorry, don't agree with your assertion.

Personally, I have great respect for him.

1) OMG he cheated!

2) He runs up the score!

Shall I go on?

Plus all the nice wishes to Tom Brady that were posted over there when his son was born.

1) OMG he cheated!

2) He runs up the score!

Shall I go on?

Compare the two lists, and answer that question yourself. All the negative media talk Belichick gets he brought on himself

Hate is a very strong word, I don't hate him. I hate how he seems so sanctimonious sometimes. He is attacked, but Belly is much, much more attacked and that was before tha camera crud. I agree on one point though, the suicide? Don't go there--ever. My heart broke for him.

I have always like Dungy. He has come across as a descent hard working man. I don't think hes the greatest coach though. Hes had a number of very good to great teams in Tampa Bay and Indy and has won 1 SB. Peytons pretty much the same,but he has thrown his team mates under the bus more than a few times after losses which doesn't speak well of him.

Last edited:
Hey, Jesus had to suffer. What makes Dungy any different? He'll be canonized before you know it!

By the way, being opposed to the legal union of two consenting adults based upon their sexual orientation does, in fact, make him a bigot. The rest of your "points" exhibit a Gump-like depth of thought.

definition of Bigot from webster:Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1660
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

When has Dungy ever said he was intolerant of Gay people?? When has he treated members of the gay community with prejudice??

Frankly, yeah. He grates on me. He's a total phony. I genuinely mistrust people who wrap themselves in the cloak of morality and "classiness" but love to promote the hell out of themselves in the meantime. So, what, he goes to church and smiles, and suddenly he's Mother f*cking Teresa? Yeah, I dislike people like that. At least you know what you're getting with Belichick, he's up front about his job and doesn't need to create some silly image of himself to empower himself. Tony Dungy is Ted Haggard to me. Gay bashing and all.

Manning? I have no problem with Manning. Wonderful quarterback, love watching him play. Glad I've been able to do so.

I have a special spot of dislike for phonies like Dungy who claim some mantle of moral superiority but love the spotlight. It stinks to me. He's full of sh*t.

definition of Bigot from webster:Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1660
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

When has Dungy ever said he was intolerant of Gay people?? When has he treated members of the gay community with prejudice??
Look, this really doesn't belong on the football forum, but some people consider the right to marry a consenting, adult partner of their choice to be a basic human right. Naturally those people will believe that someone out to deny them that right is bigoted against them.

Last edited:
Plus all the nice wishes to Tom Brady that were posted over there when his son was born.

Ya know? I still don't get this one. They go on and on and on about Tom's baby, but never mention that Marvin has the exact same situation. I just can't figure that out.

he is classless ..he is weak ...lets polian do his dirty work and then acts all rightious. he whines all the time. ex. schedule.

and religion? you know what? if you dont want to be judged...then dont judge others!

That's not all he said. He went on to talk about 99% doing things "the right way" with the obvious implication that Belichick was the other 1%.

Screw Dungy.

I've never liked the guy. He's a sanctimonious windbag who attacks others in the most passive "Hey, I'm Tony Dungy and I'm smiling, so I can say whatever I like and you'll love me" way. He and Polian couldn't beat the Pats on the field, so they consistently campaigned for "re-emphasis" of rules that would most benefit them, instead of beating New England at their own game. His ego is IMMENSE, but he hides it behind a good, humble Christian facade. He hates gays. He aligned himself with a group who wanted to pass legislation to make it a legal requirement to tell women seeking an abortion that life begins at conception and that the fetus will feel pain.

I truly feel for him because his kid killed himself, but that doesn't make him any more likable in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes