PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone know the rule? (taping on sidelines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I've read some interesting observations about BB's "interpretation" of the rule.

He's nothing if not a technical nitpicker about such things, so what is the rule?

I've read some interesting observations about BB's "interpretation" of the rule.

He's nothing if not a technical nitpicker about such things, so what is the rule?

From my very basic understanding the rule states that "No video taping is allowed by a team from the sideline" You could add to this "......Without the expressed writen permission of the NFL. Any unauthorized video taping is prohibited....."

From my very basic understanding the rule states that "No video taping is allowed by a team from the sideline" You could add to this "......Without the expressed writen permission of the NFL. Any unauthorized video taping is prohibited....."

BMU's thread has the bonafide's. I'll quote from whiza since this thread is redundant now.

Originally Posted by WhiZa
Reiss posted the rule a few days ago: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._in_focus.html

# Ray Anderson, the league's head of football operations, sent a memo to head coaches and GMs last September 6 that said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes