PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone have stats for Pats w/ Sey vs. w/o Sey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I remember seeing stats basically showing what a drastic impact Seymour has on this team's defense, particularly the run defense.

As admirable as Jarvis Green has played, I'm looking forward to seeing Sey come back, particularly as the rush defense has suffered in his absence (as one would expect). I feel like people are sleeping on Seymour a little bit due to Wilfork and Warren playing at such a high level, but we're talking about an MVP on defense.

This team is going to be even more scary when he comes back (is that possible??). Right now, we're winning with offense, but when he's back - and I don't think there's any rush - we'll be as good defensively as any other team in the league.

Last edited:
I remember seeing stats basically showing what a drastic impact Seymour has on this team's defense, particularly the run defense.

As admirable as Jarvis Green has played, I'm looking forward to seeing Sey come back, particularly as the rush defense has suffered in his absence (as one would expect). I feel like people are sleeping on Seymour a little bit due to Wilfork and Warren playing at such a high level, but we're talking about an MVP on defense.

This team is going to be even more scary when he comes back (is that possible??). Right now, we're winning with offense, but when he's back - and I don't think there's any rush - we'll be as good defensively as any other team in the league.

Yes, people are sleeping on him (and calling him out as a freeloader as well). Does anyone think that the fact he played with 1 arm last year had anything to do with his (modest) decline in production last year? I can't wait to see the big guy healthy.

Yes, people are sleeping on him (and calling him out as a freeloader as well). Does anyone think that the fact he played with 1 arm last year had anything to do with his (modest) decline in production last year? I can't wait to see the big guy healthy.

Definitely agree.

I've yet to find the stats I'm looking for, but a google search did reveal this gem:

"With that schedule, it might be hard to get off to a 4-2 start without Seymour for six games and Harrison for four." - John d.bag Clayton

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3001363

Honestly, this guy must have set the world record for being wrong five times over by now.

The Patriots D will be better when Seymour returns despite that fine job Green and now even Wright have been doing. I know there were some stats after last weeks game somewhere that showed how much the Browns ran to Green's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes