PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone feel like I do about the EXTRA passing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My opinion of why the Patriots,when up by a comfortable margin were still operating a 4 receiver set among other passing down setups instead of the usual Patriots games where we just run the ball till the end when we are ahead with a decent lead, is like this...Its not because Minnesota was keeping the ground game down but more of a 'IMPORTANT-LIVE GAME PRACTICE' for next week against the colts...I truly believe we kept passing when ahead by 20 because we are getting 'in-game' ready for the colts and Brady wants to add a 'little extra practice' so hes ready to fire away and what better way than against another team while way ahead on the scoreboard instead of just practice...Despite all the pronostications of Run-Run-Run this week against the Colts I am betting by the weird way we finished this game in the passing mode that BB,Brady and Co. are planning a passing display not expected on this sunday and if he throws 35 times for 350yards it won't surprise me one bit - this potentially could be the highest scoring game of the year in the NFL so far,I can see 70-75 passes total in the game easily out of these 2 QBs.

Practice in a "True Game" situation, good thought 64.

Sunday the Pats will need both the run and passing game to be in tune.

And ST, I think, will be the deciding factor. jmt

You can't kill the clock if you can't make first downs - passing was the game plan, any receivers getting more reps was a bonus.

If the run wasn't working and you're trying to run out the clock, how else would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back