PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else think 8 points is a little high for the Vegas line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I love the Pats don't get me wrong, but does anyone else realisticly think 8 points is a little high for the Vegas line? I mean I'm confident but I also respect the Jags and think they're a good team, but wow 8 points.

Wait till you guys play us then you'll see a high Vegas line.

ColtsFan4Life said:

too bad we wont get a chance cuz the steelers are gonna smack you around

ColtsFan4Life said:

Really? I would have figured you guys would be favored, but if you think we're going to have a higher line than 8 over you I guess that shows how shaken the fan base is, what with the getting the Hell beat out of you by San Diego and the Seahawks and just barely getting by the ROFL Cardinals.

emoney_33 said:
too bad we wont get a chance cuz the steelers are gonna smack you around
I can't hear you over the roar of our crowd when we spanked the Squealers on MNF.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Really? I would have figured you guys would be favored, but if you think we're going to have a higher line than 8 over you I guess that shows how shaken the fan base is, what with the getting the Hell beat out of you by San Diego and the Seahawks and just barely getting by the ROFL Cardinals.
We got the hell beat out of us by San Diego? I could of sworn they handed you guys a worst spanking than we did when we beat you guys by over two td's. We basically shut down after the Bolts game so I have no idea why the Seahawks and Cards ever came up. You guys lost on purpose to play the Jags...they will be steaming mad when they roll into the razor.

Hmm? Oh crap I'm sorry man, I had two of our superbowl rings in my ears what did you say?

As much as I think the Pats will win this contest, I agree the 8 points seem to be high for this type of match up.

def way too high

i dont like the little respect the jags are getting

Wow, thank God I'm not the only one who thinks so.

ColtsFan4Life said:
I can't hear you over the roar of our crowd when we spanked the Squealers on MNF.

Would that be the piped in sound I've read so much about?

GJAJ15 said:
As much as I think the Pats will win this contest, I agree the 8 points seem to be high for this type of match up.

Actually, the line set for a game has very little to do with the realities surrounding that game. The house sets the line to maximize betting action on the game. That's all the house really cares about.

You may have a different metodology, for your purposes, that more accurately reflects the state of the game.

For conversational purposes here, why don't you share with us what you think is a good spread for the game?

And as for that Colts' "fan", all I can say is, boy, is Vegas going to have fun with you guys, should you play us!!!! :)

8 points is nuts, although I could easily see us pushing a margin of victory over that in the 4th quarter, that's too high for two good teams.

Patriotic Fervor said:
Actually, the line set for a game has very little to do with the realities surrounding that game. The house sets the line to maximize betting action on the game. That's all the house really cares about.

You may have a different metodology, for your purposes, that more accurately reflects the state of the game.

For conversational purposes here, why don't you share with us what you think is a good spread for the game?
What you say is true but usually the point spread looks reasonable to experienced fans like us. I am not this surprised by a point spread too often. Usually the spreads are off like this with extenuating circumstances like a team playing it's third straight road game, or in the NBA having a team play the second of two straight road games on back to back nights.

I would have expected this game to be 5 or 6 points, a FG + HF.

Vegas is just trying to get some betting interest in Jacksonville. It does not mean anything.

Boston Boxer said:
Vegas is just trying to get some betting interest in Jacksonville. It does not mean anything.
A fun game to play (and I don't bet on games but I know someone who used to be a bookie) is to pick the point spreads yourself and pretend to have bet on the ones you think are off. There's usually only 1-2 NFL games a week that are off enough in your mind to put money on. This would be one for me.

8 points is definitely very high. it's only been the past few weeks that we actually beat any team by 8 points

ColtsFan4Life said:
We got the hell beat out of us by San Diego? I could of sworn they handed you guys a worst spanking than we did when we beat you guys by over two td's. We basically shut down after the Bolts game so I have no idea why the Seahawks and Cards ever came up. You guys lost on purpose to play the Jags...they will be steaming mad when they roll into the razor.

Spend a little more time learning English, and less time trolling , and you'll be far better off in life.

Last edited:
ColtsFan4Life said:

LOL, reminiscing about Monday Night Football games is all Colts fans have and all they'll ever have, because Peyton is a choker in big games that matter.

You gonna come back here and reminisce about MNF after PM chokes again this year?

Fanfrom1960 said:
Spend a little more time learning English, and less time trolling , and you'll be far better off in life.
I was typing that stuff early in the morning over here in Indy. Give me a break. I still haven't slept yet. I'm not trolling I was giving you guys respect till he brought up how the same Bolts team who beat us, beat you guys much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back