PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else love how much BB talks up the opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2007/10/transcript_bill.html

Read his intro, LOL. I know the Cowboys are good, but damn.

For instance, if I organized an intramural flag football team with people from my work, and if we were to play a Bill Belichick coached flag football team, and BB had to describe my quarterbacking ability, it would go something like this:

"BradyManny2344 is very, very impressive. He's as good a flag football quarterback as you've ever seen. He's good in the pocket, he has playmaking ability, strong arm, accuracy. Good composure. He's got a bunch of playmakers from his office. The guy two doors down from him has really great speed, great separataion, gets open every play. One of the best all-around receivers in the game. They can beat you short, long, intermediate. We got a tough task ahead of ourselves, BradyManny2344 is one of the best in the league."

Last edited:
What is the origin of your sweatshirt?
The origin of it? I don't know. It’s comfortable. I can carry my stuff in my pouch here, whatever I need.

basically, his responses tells me that the Patriots are going to really be up for this game

i think is the best and most hilarious
Do you see them using Ware the same way Wade used [Shawne] Merriman?
Yeah, I’d say it’s similar, but I really see Ware playing about the way he played last year. He plays outside on the 3-4 and he plays end on a 4-3, or in their 4-2 or sub package. He’s tough off the edge. He’s tough in pursuit. He’s a very instinctive guy – reads screens, like the interception he had against Atlanta last year on [Michael] Vick where he batted the ball up in the air and caught it on a bootleg and stuff like that. He’s strong. He’s fast. He’s athletic and you don’t want to run at him. You don’t want to run away from him. It’s a problem. It’s the same thing with the rest of those guys. You don’t want to run at [Marcus] Spears. You don’t want to run at [Chris] Canty either. You don’t want to run away from them. I think they’re good all the way around. They’re a very good pursuit team.

makes it sound like he has no choice but to take a knee on every snap :D

i think is the best and most hilarious

makes it sound like he has no choice but to take a knee on every snap :D

Or just pass over the top of them and make them non-factors.

Seriously, does Belichick have some sort of "fill in the blanks" press conference answer script that he uses every week? He says just about the same things about every team every week, regardless of who it is.

Seriously, does Belichick have some sort of "fill in the blanks" press conference answer script that he uses every week? He says just about the same things about every team every week, regardless of who it is.

i think BB has changed tact about dealing with the media from his cleveland days. now he talks endlessly about a player or team in question and beats the reporters to death so that they dont ask another question

What do you expect him to say,,,, "The Cowboys are faltering, Monday nights game exposed them,, they can't beat us ,,we own them"

This is the basic response I see from every NFL coach when grilled about an upcoming opponent he keeps his team pumped up,, and shows no disrespect to the opponents team. I guarantee you BB does not agree with all of the remarks he made regarding the cowboys,, but that stays between him and his coaching staff. Whats BB going to do on his game plan??? Meet with the coaching staff and say "Hey I have analyzed the Cowboys and we cant win they are just to solid?" He discusses what he believes to be the opponents weakness with his staff and then comes up with plays and schemes,, and then finally has the players study and practice to better execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down