PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else feel not all that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm envious of all of you who don't feel that bad. Again, I think it comes down to how much you valued the perfect season. If you didn't care much, you can take the path of "they didn't play well, so...." etc. But for me, who looked forward to shutting up Shula and going into the record books with the only 19-0 season, and being part of "ever" this is just an awful loss.

All in all, of course losing completely sucked, but I just didn't feel as bad as I thought, despite the historical once-in-a-lifetime implications.

Anyone else in a similar boat?

First, props to you for going to the game and putting out the related money and time.

To answer your question: no, i'm not in a similar boat. i feel a little better now that nearly 48 hours have passed, but i still feel lousy and expect that i will continue to feel this way for a while.

i'm not a shrink, but, as the kind of fan who invested that kind of time and money in your team, you might be pushing off some really strong feelings that will hit you like a ton of bricks in a day or so, when you least expect it. or, maybe you're one of those people who can get through something like this with little pain.

Last edited:
I feel pretty bad.

It's a modest silver lining that, for a few days, the hate has stopped. This season was so brutal and the constant tearing apart of the Patriots was tough to take. I can only imagine the crescendo it would be at today if we had won. Arlen Specter and all that. But at least we would have had the ultimate FU.

I mostly feel bad because of the way it happened. The scramble and impossible catch and the missed Asante pick are haunting. That's the main problem for me -- not just the loss. I also am just sad because you only get so many opportunities to see your team win a championship in person, let alone in your home town. It feels like a tremendous missed opportunity.

I feel way worse than after the Indy loss. I hated the way that game ended, but the reality is that, deep down, I thought we were really lucky to be in position to win in the first place. The first half went so much better than expected that it always seemed like an illusion to me.

I'm envious of all of you who don't feel that bad. Again, I think it comes down to how much you valued the perfect season. If you didn't care much, you can take the path of "they didn't play well, so...." etc. But for me, who looked forward to shutting up Shula and going into the record books with the only 19-0 season, and being part of "ever" this is just an awful loss.

as a little time goes by, i'm not so much bothered by missing the perfect season as i am by missing the chance to win a fourth sb. that hurts a lot to me.

pls don't misinterpret me. i'm not dissing the perfect season in any way, it's just that i felt all along (and said out here in the fall last year) that we would be better off at 18--1 or 17--2 after going 15--1 or 14--2. to me, the lombardi is the tangible sign of greatness in the nfl and we missed a chance to pick up a fourth. that's gonna hurt a lot for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back