Does Adam want to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This is from Mike Reiss:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

While things can change quickly at this time of free agency, the early moves on the kicker market seem to increase the possibility that Vinatieri will return to New England. Assuming, of course, he is still interested in playing for the Patriots.

This is what has been worrying me, that maybe this is not about the money, but about Adam wanting out of New England. Anyone else getting this vibe?

Bill's Girl said:
This is from Mike Reiss:

While things can change quickly at this time of free agency, the early moves on the kicker market seem to increase the possibility that Vinatieri will return to New England. Assuming, of course, he is still interested in playing for the Patriots.

This is what has been worrying me, that maybe this is not about the money, but about Adam wanting out of New England. Anyone else getting this vibe?
Vinatieri's wife is from Florida. He lives there in the offseason. If you've ever seen her, she is modelesque quality and they both strike me as more Florida types. I always got the feeling he would like to get somewhere warmer if he had the chance.

But he's probably torn, because he had a lot of good will built up here, its a great organization and he has great memories here. So, I'd say there are arguments on both sides for him.

J D Sal

Bill's Girl said:
This is from Mike Reiss:

I'm not sure if it means anything, but Adam skipped the last victory parade.

JDSal45 said:
Vinatieri's wife is from Florida. He lives there in the offseason. If you've ever seen her, she is modelesque quality and they both strike me as more Florida types. I always got the feeling he would like to get somewhere warmer if he had the chance.

* It's his wife making him leave. I knew it -:) Whatdaya expect from a PK?
Isn't he from So Dakota? Gets pretty chilly there. She is a babe and apparently wears the pants.

mikey said:
I'm not sure if it means anything, but Adam skipped the last victory parade.

You know, winning Super Bowls is so, like, BORING. :rolleyes: :p

Borges was just on Channel 7 Sports Extra. FWIW he says he talked to Adam today and Adam definitely still wants to finish out his career here. Now here's where it gets a little wacky - Ron claims Adam asked him what he thought the market was and Ron told him while a lot of teams had money they really didn't have it for kickers. Said Longwell's deal hurt the market. Told Adam players who don't strike while the iron is hot in the first few days of FA tend to see the money dry up in a hurry. Sounded like Adam didn't have a plan.... According to Ron this is really all about the Patriots unwillingless to offer any guaranteed money as part of their offer.

Ron looked a little wound and giddy from all his talking. He also said The Pats lowballed and lost out on Jurevicius and Finneran. Have no interest in Bryant. Claims Givens has a substantial offer on the table from Houston and an even better one from the Titans before they even meet. Says the Pats better get on their horse or they'll lose out (guess that's Ron's quid pro quo to his former agent Brad Blank for all the insider info....)

MoLewisrocks said:
According to Ron this is really all about the Patriots unwillingless to offer any guaranteed money as part of their offer.

Does anyone believe that the Pats made an offer to Vinatieri without a dime of signing bonus money? Come on Borges, you've gotta do better than that.

Psstt...I've got a bridge in Brooklyn. I think I can work ya a great deal on it, if you're interested.

MoLewisrocks said:
Borges was just on Channel 7 Sports Extra. FWIW he says he talked to Adam today and Adam definitely still wants to finish out his career here. Now here's where it gets a little wacky - Ron claims Adam asked him what he thought the market was and Ron told him while a lot of teams had money they really didn't have it for kickers. Said Longwell's deal hurt the market. Told Adam players who don't strike while the iron is hot in the first few days of FA tend to see the money dry up in a hurry. Sounded like Adam didn't have a plan.... According to Ron this is really all about the Patriots unwillingless to offer any guaranteed money as part of their offer.

Ron looked a little wound and giddy from all his talking. He also said The Pats lowballed and lost out on Jurevicius and Finneran. Have no interest in Bryant. Claims Givens has a substantial offer on the table from Houston and an even better one from the Titans before they even meet. Says the Pats better get on their horse or they'll lose out (guess that's Ron's quid pro quo to his former agent Brad Blank for all the insider info....)

I knew Viatieri had a new agent, I didn't know it was Borges though.

I'm glad wrong has finally come out of the closet. He's been negotiating for Patriots players for years. :p

hwc said:
Does anyone believe that the Pats made an offer to Vinatieri without a dime of signing bonus money? Come on Borges, you've gotta do better than that.

Psstt...I've got a bridge in Brooklyn. I think I can work ya a great deal on it, if you're interested.

It seems so calculated to insult that it smacks of something the dysfunctional FO on Yawkey Way would pull. But unfortunately it has been pretty widely reported (and not denied as far as I can tell), and not just by Borges.

I think the really strange thing now is that we haven't heard so much as a whisper about AV visiting anywhere. Tampa was supposedly in the running, yet they went after Longwell hard and the moment he signed with MN they reupped Bryant. It sounded as if AV and his agent were waiting for the market to come to them and thus far it hasn't. Strange tack to take for a guy who supposedly yearned to try his hand at FA. Sounds more like a guy hoping to be talked out of it.

PatsSteve1 said:
JDSal45 said:

* It's his wife making him leave. I knew it -:) Whatdaya expect from a PK?
Isn't he from So Dakota? Gets pretty chilly there. She is a babe and apparently wears the pants.

Anybody else remember the interview with Adam by Chris Collinsworth for Inside the NFL a few days after SB XXXVI, when Chris asked Adam why he shaved off the beard? Adam said, well, my wife and my Mom...

What can you tell from the way a guy interviews, but Adam seems like a shy, unassuming guy that almost wants someone to tell him what to do. I hope someone he trusts says you need to re-up with the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes