PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does 16-0 mean too much pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoWZa

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first one to wonder this. Surely going 16-0 and not winning the super bowl would be a huge embarrassment to the team. Does it add an unnecessary burden on the playoffs?

To the Pats credit, I don't think any team has handled being extreme underdogs all the way to extreme favorites as well as the Patriots.

Thoughts?

No offense, but I hate how people bring up the pressure aspect.

If this team thinks it can win the Super Bowl it damn better be able to handle pressure. If you call yourself a professional and can't handle the pressure, then you're in the wrong career.

That said I'm not worried, because in the past they have shown they have been able to handle pressure just fine (e.g. the SD game last year, etc etc).

I'm sure I'm not the first one to wonder this. Surely going 16-0 and not winning the super bowl would be a huge embarrassment to the team. Does it add an unnecessary burden on the playoffs?

To the Pats credit, I don't think any team has handled being extreme underdogs all the way to extreme favorites as well as the Patriots.

Thoughts?
I think the Parcells teams broke the ice/paved the way pretty nicely. I know that I was amazed to see the team start to come out of the crapper when the Tuna took over. And, the four game playoff season culminating in the super bowl was amazing. **** the Bears. But I do agree with you. Bob Kraft, also, of course, deserves immense credit.

"There's pressure to win every week. We want to go out there and win every single time we take the field. The previous record does not change that."

I think that's a pretty acceptable view of how the Patriots work. Whether coming off a loss, a win, or trying to go undefeated.

maybe I am naive, but I take bb at his word. which is that nobody who wears a pat uniform is talking about 19-0, or the SB, or tb breaking pm's td record.

that all that is being discussed is what mistakes did we make against philly and how do we prevent them from happening again, and getting ready for bmore.

not saying the players are not aware of the stats, but that bb has banned such discussions and that that is keeping the pats focused.

Pats aren't going to count up records until their is a parade in boston after the sb.

Yeah, I agree. Going 15-1, 14-2,etc and losing the superbowl will be fine, so we should lose at least one game, then it will be all good whether we win the superbowl or not.

I think, though, that the Pats should only lose one game. No need to chance losign home field advantage. So then, the qustion is: which game should Pats lose to ease the pressure so that they can win the Superbowl?

And since they are going to lose anyway, it would probably be better to forfeit rather than actually play the game, in order to ensure no one gets hurt. It is probably best to forfeit an away game rather than a home game. Would the Ravens game be okay with you? It will cause a fuss with ESPN, but it is an away game that results in a short week before facing the steelers, so I think that is best.

When we forfeit, we should probably reserve the right to play the game after all should we lose to the Steelers. We don't want to lose home field advantage.

Great idea. I nominate this as Thread of the Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes