Welcome to PatsFans.com

Doctor Saves Lives By Firing His Own Weapon to Kill Psychotic Shooter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 24, 2014.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Someone has woke up stomping his feet like a bitter child this morning ...

Not stooping to your level of childishness ......... later.

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

LOL LOL... not naming any names right?

Feh.

PFnV

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Just so people know what I said back then, it was this. Looking back, I'd say the same exact thing right now. What would be the criteria, or method, used to determine who is mentally unstable? I'd like to make sure the mentally unstable/ill don't get a gun, but you have to tell me how you do it first. To me, it would be someone who's already been committed, or someone who is being committed. Even then there might be an issue surrounding the circumstances, as I'm not sure what the process is for being committed. i.e. can someone have you committed when you're perfectly sane? I guess you could have some sort of appeals process, but again, without knowing what the proposal or procedure would be, there's not much to say. Do you have a proposal to offer up?

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It sounds like you're saying "I'm all for it so long as someones presents me with the bill and I agree with all the terms in it". The guts of any proposed law has to be debated but no law is going to be perfect and no criteria is going to be perfect.

Honestly you don't sound all that in favor of keeping guns out of their hands when the major theme and closing points on it are always about the how do we determine if someones mentally unstable. This leads to endless "but what if this and what if that and who determines this and who determines this and who determines and who determines that" questions making the whole idea sound fruitless and undo-able. Its almost as if you're defeating you're own stance that the mentally unstable should bear arms. If you are making a stance then make it.

lllll