Welcome to PatsFans.com

Doctor Saves Lives By Firing His Own Weapon to Kill Psychotic Shooter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 24, 2014.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

In earlier gun rights discussions here I argued that they shouldn't. I was quickly rebuked for such a radical notion.

2. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

By who?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

NO MATTER WHAT LAWS ARE PASSED RESTRICTING GUNS THEY WILL NOT BE ENFORCED THEY DON'T ENFORCE THE ONES ALREADY ON THE BOOKS.

FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST LOOK WHAT IS GOING ON IN CHICAGO GUN DEATHS DAILY, DAILY F-CKING DAILY EVERY DAY EVERY F-CKING DAY WHY WON'T THE DIRTY ROTTEN BASTARDS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, THEY NOT ONLY WON'T DO ANYTHING THE DOUBLE STANDARD FILTHY HYPOCRIT VERMIN BASTARD SWINE WON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE FROM THE PHONY LIBERALS ABOUT CHICAGO GUNS

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

You're beating a dead horse, Harry. Everybody talks about Chicago. There are articles in every paper on Monday morning listing the shootings in Chicago. GIve it a rest. Talk about something true for a change.

5. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Several people that argued that they thought it would be impossible and unfair to come up with the criteria which i thought was ridiculous. People who are in and out of psych wards because they aren't responsible to take their meds etc. would be a start, but they just kept arguing that they weer against it. the only one i specifically remember is RealWorld but he was just one of several.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

Ok, they talk about it (I hear it a lot on Fox) with all the talk that is going on about it why the hell doesn't somebody try to do something about it, why doesn't our Moron Poster Boy Communist President try doing something, he's sure taking care of his criminal dreamers what about the young black innocent children who are being gunned down by young Black Gang Savage Bastards.
    THE NATIONAL GUARD IS NEEDED ON THE STREETS OF CHICAGO, THE CREEPY MAYOR EMANUEL AND THE COPS WON'T DO ANYTHING THE JERK IN THE WHITE HOUSE SHOULD STEP IN, IT'S A DISGRACE AND WE ALL KNOW WHY BLOODY HELL ISN'T BEING RAISED OVER IT, DON'T WE.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

So I take it that means you post all the Chicago stories in here? Oh wait...

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

I'd rather you link to posts I made, than blankly toss my name out there as some raving lunatic, when you yourself can neither remember what was specifically discussed, nor who said it. I think the vast majority of people would prefer that the mentally ill do not own firearms, and would support preventing them from acquiring them. The problem comes with the "how" one would go about determining who would fall under said restriction. Mind you, I'm someone who supports gun control laws like background checks, waiting periods, safety training, and licensing. Details aside.

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +553 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Like the middle east, at some point, we'll be better off allowing them to kill one another off.

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Really, PR?? REALLY? Who is "them?"

Never mind, let me introduce you to some of "them."

Shamiya Adams - age 11

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2014...draiser-be-held-thursday-at-fatsos-last-stand

Jamanta White - age 14 and 4 cousins aged 11-15

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/20/four-children-shot-in-south-side-drive-by/

Arianna Gibson - age 6

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/08/arianna-gibson-6-killed-b_n_920905.html

Charinez Jefferson - age 17 - 6 months pregnant

http://abc7chicago.com/archive/8311025/

Unnamed baby girl - age 1

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...uth-chicago-shooting-20110823,0,2978813.story

Certainly clarifies why you're ok with children in Gaza being killed.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

That seems to be the attitude they have on The Chicago War, nothing is being done, they aren't trying to stop it, they just shrug it off and concentrate on slobbering over illegal
    Aliens.
    President Commie Jug Ears likes to send money to The Middle East and Support The Illegal's the hell with the Little Black Kids with bullets in their heads.
    Chicago is becoming just as dangerous as Iraq and Palestine.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

The Doctor:
    Good Gun stops Bad Gun.

Arm School Teachers (children are beautiful protect them)

13. jmur116

jmur116 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0

As we are constantly bombarded with "guns cause violence" statements, a gentleman out there decided to put a webcam on his S&W 19 to monitor for any violence the gun might cause, as a test. As he has to sleep, he put the webcam online. He asks that anyone who sees it do anything remotely suspicious, contact him immediately. So far the gun has just sat there, but it may be devious, so check it out and help keep the watch for the gun to go rogue.

http://montego.roughwheelers.com/gun_cam.html

Sorry couldnt help but add a bit of humor to this topic, as neither side will ever concede a single inch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

More and More law abiding people like the Doctor who's job puts them in close contact with the public should now get professional training, take all of the required tests and then Arm Themselves.......More lives would be saved.

Signs That Should Be Placed
    In Schools, Restaurants, Hospitals, Stadiums, Malls etc etc.
    WARNING SCUMBAGS WE SHOOT BACK

15. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well I suggested that background checks might be enhanced to include checks on mentally unstable people and it was net with this from you and others:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ld-anyone-need-it.1110269/page-4#post-3836239

Preferring the mentally ill or unstable not to own firearms is noble and all but its kind of hollow if you oppose action on it. So what support are you talking about in preventing them from owning firearms? Ironically I was the one who felt I was being treated like a raving lunatic for having some kind of radical notion in that thread.

In this thread we have an unstable mental patient with a gun that wanted to mass murder. Fortunately the doctor knew he better be armed working with these kinds of people. If his other patients are walking into Bob's gun store then wouldn't it be nice to know they were mentally unstable before they were able to buy a gun?

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 3 / -10

I agree Bobs gun store should be able to check and find out if a customer is mentally unstable but in America there is always a way to buy anything and everything the Law says you can't have, that is how the Mafia became an empire. The Mental Nut will always get his gun but we should make it harder for him to do it legally.
    THE LAW ABIDING MENTALLY STABLE CITIZEN SHOULD NEVER BE PREVENTED FROM OWNING AND CARRYING A FIREARM IF THEY SO WISH, IT MAY SOME DAY PROTECT THEM FROM THE CRIMINAL AND THE INSANE AMONG US IT ALSO MAY PROTECT US FROM OUR OWN GOVERNMENT AND NOW IN THE NEW WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE "THE TERRORIST"

17. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +425 / 8 / -4

No, but those people have training that a random gun owner might not have.

I think it depends entirely on the situation. If you know who the shooter is and you have a gun, that's a situation where an average gun owner might very well be effective.

The situations where I call bs is when there is chaos, and some gun advocates think that somebody carrying a gun would easily end it immediately. A situation like the movie theatre shooting, in the Denver area.

18. Bobsyouruncle

Bobsyouruncle 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +548 / 9 / -4

Well, then we really just completely disagree. While certain jobs in the military get significant small arms training the majority do not. Nearly all the Air force and Navy, and more than half the Army and Marines are not used and trained to engage the enemy with rifles and handguns in combat. Most will fire their rifle less than once a year, and then only 50-60 rounds on an open course, in a fixed position at longish range targets. Certainly nothing like the mass shootings we see. I wouldn't be surprised if police training is insufficient either, after all the sort of situations are rare and the skills to handle them are time consuming and probably impossible to really prepare for. I doubt many of the officers who show to one of these mass shootings is anything other than confused and pulling from their wits more than a well trained gameplan. I think it's entirely possible that the average gun owner is just as trained on their weapon, and maybe more so for shooting in a building since they typically arm for just such an unlikely event. Obviously there are civilians who own a weapon and have no training or business carrying it who may be dangerous. But That's probably someone with a pistol in their nightstand, not someone who obtained a conceal carry permit.

Would you support the police staying outside until the gunman was done so he or she didn't make it worse? If not, why not? Just the training? It seems to me we all think the situation calls for another gunman to stop the shooting (if they arrive in time). We just disagree that the police are much more special or immune from fear, or prepared.

If we were choosing between police or civilians to intervene it might be wise to choose police, but we're choosing between civilians and nobody. As long as a civilian has more than a 0% chance of helping the odds improve.

I look at it as we contract the police for protection because it's practical, but we never forfeited our right to self protection.

19. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +425 / 8 / -4

Your hypothetical isn't what I'm saying. I'm not saying that if somebody is in a situation like this and has a gun they need to refrain from shooting, or that people shouldn't be able to carry arms because they might make a situation worse.

What I'm saying is that when these situations occur, there are always people saying that it all would have been avoided if only somebody else had had a gun. As if they simply would have calmly and easily located the shooter and taken them out.

I think those claims are fantasies borne of watching too many action movies.

(I don't think some random cop is going to have a great chance in a chaotic situation, either.)

20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 15 / -8

On average, 277 Americans are shot every day. 84 of those shot die.

There are very few in which some noble act of defense of self or others is the cause. That's apparently why Icy thought this was a big deal. But I won't speak for Icy - Icy, why is this so special it needs its own thread?

I guess that it is important for us to see the details of this particular non-representative shooting. Maybe that is why.

So, this morning with very little work necessary, I posted three other recent cases. I kept it to three because that's the number of threads we can start. They each have their own fascinating details and could further inform our discussion about gun violence, gun control, etc.

PFnV

• Like Like x 1