PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doc Rivers: "We ain’t going to win with our brains.”

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Doc Rivers: "We ain’t going to win with our brains.â€

This quote is all you need to know about the Doc Rivers era:

“I kept thinking practice and they [the coaching staff] said, ‘Coach, we need their legs. We ain’t going to win with our brains.’ And we’re not. We’re not going to outthink people. We’re going to have to outplay them with effort.â€

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2006/12/26/rest_for_the_weary/

We go into every game with a strategic and mental handicap.

Re: Doc Rivers: "We ain’t going to win with our brains.â€

Well, I just hope we keep Doc on for the rest of the season to give us the best chance to get Greg Oden with the #1 pick. Take your time coming back Pierce!

Gomes, Jefferson, and Green would never have had a chance to display their talents if other players hadn't gotten injured. It shows Doc can't see talent on his team.

As for game management, the guy admitted himself that it's going to be about out-working the other guy, since they go into every game with a mismatch in terms of gameplanning.

Having Doc here is a waste. We're not going to get Oden, and Doc is holding back our other players. This is the same guy who didn't play Mike Miller or Corey Maggette on the Magic, and he also had McGrady and Grant Hill and was never better than a .500 team.

Can you believe a coach who admits he is out-strategized every game and has only gotten 50 wins combined over two years just got an extension? MIND BOGGLING.

Re: Doc Rivers: "We ain’t going to win with our brains.â€

This quote is all you need to know about the Doc Rivers era:

“I kept thinking practice and they [the coaching staff] said, ‘Coach, we need their legs. We ain’t going to win with our brains.’ And we’re not. We’re not going to outthink people. We’re going to have to outplay them with effort.â€

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2006/12/26/rest_for_the_weary/

We go into every game with a strategic and mental handicap.

cavedoc.jpg

Can you believe a coach who admits he is out-strategized every game and has only gotten 50 wins combined over two years just got an extension? MIND BOGGLING.

I'm not his biggest fan but his players do play extremely hard for him. Plus, I think they might be trading Paul Pierce this year, should things not go according to plan, and they'll therefore need someone who doesn't mind the constant rebuilding.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back