PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson didn't have a season ending injury last season, he needed something like a 2 or 3 weeks rest but BB opted for IR him and promote some JAG, I'm not saying he was wrong and he is the most capable person to take this kind of decision on the planet but receivers get injured, we are seeing this trend every ****ing season, the one it didn't happen we won the SB.

At the end of last regular season James White was our receiver. One more win against Jest, Dolphins or Iggle and we get number 5. The devil is in the details, Dobson could have made a difference in one of those games, I hope this trade if confirmed triggers another move for a more capable receiver.

So the dobson era about to end. Another bust at wr for the pats. I really hope mitchell can become something here.

I think this is the season that Dobson finally breaks out. (for another team...)

From looking at his highlights he doesn't look like a guy that can get deep. Like his route running though.
He isn't going to just run by people like Randy Moss, but he looks like a legitimate playmaker.
Made huge jump in explosive plays and yards per catch from 2014 to 2015. Has the ability to make some plays down the field with a quarterback who will take some shots. Adequate play speed and can vary tempo of his routes. Very good hip sink to stop quickly and open up to the quarterback. Route running shows promise. Smooth with change of direction and works back to the ball. Able to make sharp cuts out of breaks and does a nice job of selling double moves. Consistently tracks and high-points downfield throws and is able to adjust to throws high, low and outside. Generally reliable hands and showed toughness in making catches where he know he was going to take a big shot.
2016 NFL Draft Profile: Malcolm Mitchell

I expect it. I can't speak for others, on this matter.

Edelman
Amendola (PUP?)
Hogan
Mitchell
Martin
Hopefully the refs let Martin play this season...solid player otherwise.

He's got similar measurables to Odell Beckham. 0.02 "slower" 40 time but bigger hands by 1/2" and taller by an inch.

He can make some really nice catches too. This GIF was just his Combine Workout, not real game, but whatever:

is that a one-handed catch drill and a low-pass drill, or are those just poorly thrown balls?

If we're able to get a 7th rounder for Dobson, I think Bill and everyone on this board would be thrilled.
Yea but I really wish the guy worked out. He was having a nice rookie year until be broke his foot during CAR in 2013.

I would have been happy w/ 40 catches/ 500yds/ 4TDs as a 4th WR.

Oh well...moving on.

Yea but I really wish the guy worked out. He was having a nice rookie year until be broke his foot during CAR in 2013.

I would have been happy w/ 40 catches/ 500yds/ 4TDs as a 4th WR.

Oh well...moving on.
Seems like a smart kid too....the play that set up the final pass in CAR where Dobson looked to be running a go route and then stopped short with the defender expecting him to go towards the end zone was one of my favorite plays of the season. McD at his finest. Hopefully he gets it together on a team that won't beat us.

It's also possible that with Dobson being shopped that Amendola may not be guaranteed to start on the PUP list.

We'd be lucky if we can even get a conditional 7th for him. I was hoping that he can beat out Keyshawn Martin but if he's getting shopped around that probably means he's getting cut if no one wants him. Sucks, I really wanted him to succeed, but I guess it's not meant to be.

Hopefully Mitchell can actually do something here.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Pats trade AAron Dobson to Minny for WR Cordarrelle Patterson ?

Dobson actually showed a little something. He stopped double catching balls it seems but I don't think he fits with the Pats. He would be much better off running a very simply vertical offense. I think he could fetch a 6th as he has at times showed talent and I think outside of the Patriots system he has a better chance at success.

is that a one-handed catch drill and a low-pass drill, or are those just poorly thrown balls?

Poorly thrown balls. They were meant to be thrown towards the sideline but not that poorly.

I looked at a couple other WR combine videos and they got normal passes.

I really wish him well. I defended him because he was unlucky with injuries and some people here were hard on him. Its like that he picked himself in 2nd round draft and he is guilty for not fitting in this offense. I guess he is not teachers pet like Freeney.
If someone is really bad evaluating WR trough draft blame him not the pick.

As for Malcolm Mitchell. He has talent and i wish him and pats all the best, but wasnt he drafted in 4th round because he was labeled as injury prone. And wasnt he injured after few snaps???
I really really hope that Malcolm will be ok and not critisised frome some posters like Dobson.

Hopefully they can get a conditional bag of balls for him.

Not a big surprise

Not doubting the reports, but he could still make the team. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back