Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dobson and Henninger claimed Foley scandal is "sort of a joke" & "prank" by pages

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 8, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

These guys the watchdogs of the family and the right, are at it again.. exhonerating Foley and excusing his behavior, playing the Clinton card over and over again.. I guess it differs with Carters view of how sex is defined and theirs.. I guess Savage and Rush are pretty influential on these religious right folks.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610060004

Summary: James Dobson and Daniel Henninger both echoed a claim previously made by Matt Drudge and Michael Savage that the sexually explicit communications that Rep. Mark Foley allegedly engaged in with former congressional pages were "sort of a joke" or a "prank[]" on the part of the former pages.

On Focus on the Family, Dobson was responding to a New York Times column by Paul Krugman, in which Krugman wondered how Dobson would respond to the Foley scandal given Dobson's earlier criticism of former President Bill Clinton for his affair with Monica Lewinsky. From Krugman's column (subscription required):

It will be interesting, by the way, to see how Dr. Dobson, who declared of Bill Clinton that "no man has ever done more to debase the presidency," responds to the Foley scandal. Does the failure of Republican leaders to do anything about a sexual predator in their midst outrage him as much as a Democratic president's consensual affair?

In response, Dobson again criticized Clinton and then suggested that the sexually explicit instant messages allegedly sent by Foley to underage male pages were the result of "sort of a joke":

DOBSON: We condemn the Foley affair categorically, and we also believe that what Mr. Clinton did was one of the most embarrassing and wicked things ever done by a president in power. Let me remind you, sir, that it was not just James Dobson who found the Lewinsky affair reprehensible. More than 140 newspapers called for Clinton's resignation. But the president didn't do what Mr. Foley has done in leaving. He stayed in office, and he lied to the grand jury to obscure the facts. As it turns out, Mr. Foley has had illicit sex with no one that we know of, and the whole thing turned out to be what some people are now saying was a -- sort of a joke by the boy and some of the other pages.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

These two A$s Holes are probably afraid of "Offending The Homosexual Community" (Political Suicide) because Foley is an "Admitted Homosexual"

Sexual Background Checks For All Politicuans, don't let this sh!t happen again.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Why not go directly to focus on the family and show Dobson's complete quote rather than out of context spin from a left wing site?
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Here are Dobson's comments from a non pay non commercial site very different from the spin placed on it by Media matters, he certainly is adopting the prank take on this matter, but is skeptical on the attempt to smear Hastert.

Put Hastert and Pelosi under Oath and let's see who knew what and when they knew it. The fact that Pelosi and Emmanuel and Pelosi would sign a sworn affidavit or take a polygraph or allow Freeh to conduct an independent investigation speaks volumes.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -9

Auntie Pelosi is afraid to testify under oath, WHAT IS SHE AFRAID OF?

You would think she would want to testify if it would help Bury Hastert.

Could it be that Auntie Pelosi knew all the time also and kept it quiet.

Why Haven't We Heard From Uncle Teddy, Pant Suit Hillary and Billy Blue Dress on the subject of Filthy Foley, where is Barney Frank, where are the Outrgaed Democrat Hollywood Wife Swappers.

SPEAK UP YOU F-CKING DOUBLE STANDARD PHONY HATEFUL SCUM SH!T FOUL MOUTHED DIARRHEA FACED RATS
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I believe in the constitution and all of it's aspects including separation of church and state, my issue with Dobson is that he is using his religious position to attack the Democrats. I have a real problem with him offering commentary on anything political, conversely I would have the same issue with any politician trying to offer commentary on his church and the way it is run. Using the pulpit as a political stance, goes against his exemption afforded to him by the IRS.

BTW thanks for posting the whole thread, however I does not change my mind that this is none of his business..
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Dobson is not an elected or appointed offical. so he is not involved with the state, waht separation of church and state? They seem very separated in this case.

Leftist seem to have no issues with separation of church and state when dem pols speak at the pulpit in black churchs that support dems, even during elections.

Leftist Hypocrites or clueless?
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The separation of the church and state has to do with the Tax Exempt status of Dobson's org..he cannnot preach specifics i.e mention Democrats, if he does he is supposed to pay taxes.. it if very simple. If this happens in black churches, as you claim with no supporting documentation, they should also loose their tax exempt status as well.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

If you haven't seen dem events involving Algore, Kerry and so on during elections youeither aren't payig any attention to the news, are senile or dishonest. Does one really need to show links to those events?
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This thread is about the Republican Right Wing Religious Nuts, talking from their station in life not to vote Democratic... somehow it degenerates into RW Republican talking points.. I provided documentation of a specific incident of the violation of the separation of church and state, you rely on anecdotal information to support your argument. I do not think I am a hypocrite or clueless, I don't know everything, but I do not go off on anecdotal arguments without documentation.

Bottom line is Dobson and Denninger should STFU.. if they do not they should as should every religious organization who do the same, or loose their tax exempt status.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Of course anyone who doesn't tow the loberial line should shut up brillant and oh so liberial & arrogant.

BTW agree with Dobson or note the clowns at media matter tried to totally misrepresent his position, typical of that bunch too.