PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson and Easley look like they are off the PUP - in uniform today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots put up a picture of Easley on Facebook. He actually looks thinner than he did in college, which was surprising to see.

Yeah Easley was already considered undersized at 288. I don't think that's undersized for a Penetrating DT. I figured he would mature very close to 300 as part of natural growth for a 21-22 yr old. But I saw a pic of Chandler Jones welcoming him to practice and Chandler looked more like the DT as Dominique didn't look near 288 lbs nor like a DT. He looked much bigger in college I think. Unless he is one of those players who bulk up to playing weight at the start of every season. :)

I'm glad I'm not the first to notice that lol

Well the Great Julio Jones who had a similar surgery is said to be cutting well granted his surgery was well before Dobson's...reason for hope.:cool:

Minitron has a permanent screw in his foot too...

Id be much more happy if Edelman were #3 WR and #4 target. Don't get me wrong I love the guy but really want the big dudes to come on strong

Big big big blah blah blah. There are a million 6'3 receivers who have been drafted who wish they could be Edelman. I'd be happy if there are some big guys to catch it in the EZ after Edelman carries the team down the field on his back.

Edelman = WR1. Deal.

Yeah Easley was already considered undersized at 288. I don't think that's undersized for a Penetrating DT. I figured he would mature very close to 300 as part of natural growth for a 21-22 yr old. But I saw a pic of Chandler Jones welcoming him to practice and Chandler looked more like the DT as Dominique didn't look near 288 lbs nor like a DT. He looked much bigger in college I think. Unless he is one of those players who bulk up to playing weight at the start of every season. :)

Obviously some of those pounds were fat and have been converted to muscle. #gymratlives

Big big big blah blah blah. There are a million 6'3 receivers who have been drafted who wish they could be Edelman. I'd be happy if there are some big guys to catch it in the EZ after Edelman carries the team down the field on his back.

Edelman = WR1. Deal.

I thought his point was if we know what Edelman is, it would be great if 2 or 3 other WRs on the team turn out to be better. Hard to argue with that wish.

I thought his point was if we know what Edelman is, it would be great if 2 or 3 other WRs on the team turn out to be better. Hard to argue with that wish.

I know, it was purposely hyperbolic.

I always forget to use italics

Edelman = WR1. Deal.

I didn't say that Edelman should be a WR3 skill set. I said Id be happy if he were the third receiver meaning two other meaningful performing WR targets.

I love Edelman and what he does for us

I didn't say that Edelman should be a WR3 skill set. I said Id be happy if he were the third receiver meaning two other meaningful performing WR targets.

I love Edelman and what he does for us

See above, I was just messing because of my unhealthy man-love for JE.

Edelman = WR1. Deal.

Your playing around right? Sure 6'3 slugs would like to be Edelman but a 6'3 true #1 is several leagues better than Edelman. A #1 is somebody that strikes fear in defenses. Defenses often double them and they still produce. And BTW they even average more than 9-10 ypc while being doubled. Defenses barely defend drinks and dunks. They are more worried about the 6'3 speedy freak scoring at TD on any play.

A true #1 is like I said a WR defenses must account for and give extra attention. They can win in many ways consistently. They are a serious threat to take a short one the distance. They can fly by defenders deep in a flash and even of they don't get deep seperation they can snatch the pass from the defender(s). But for most part their $$ is made with consistently snatching intermediate passes 15-20 yards over the middle and at the sidelines. Defenses game plan to stop them and they still light it up. Its rare a true # is under 6' like Steve Smith. Even 6'0 or so true #ones are not very common like Holt/Chad. If you have skills to play, being 6'3 and taller is a huge advantage and most common.

That isn't Edelman. He is good at what he does even very good but he is limited. Its why even after 100 catches he got zero interest as a FA. Teams prefer spending their $ on more complete WRs who make defenses defend the whole field. Not to say there isn't value in a good slot, most teams don't see it but there is much value. Just not as a #1. A #2 WR at best. Not many Qbs could function with Edelman as their #1 if any other than Brady. Which is why he got no interest on the open market. Teams know their Qbs can't make Edelman as good as he was with Brady. Teams learned that before with other less than ideal talent.

Yes, if Edelperson only stretched his form out on a rack in the basement of the Vatican all off-season he'd approach 6' 3" and have better distributed body fat and be a True #1. We get it.

EDIT: Hope I don't get ex-communicated for a helpful football suggestion

easley was 288 lbs at 6' 1 3/4" at combine
seymour was only 299 at 6' 6 1/4"

whatever weight allows easley to be the most explosive....they will obviously use him at both DT and DE

Theres been a lot of time between the Combine and today. Humans can lose/gain weight very quickly. I hope Easley has maintained that weight and is playing around 290lbs this season.

Theres been a lot of time between the Combine and today. Humans can lose/gain weight very quickly. I hope Easley has maintained that weight and is playing around 290lbs this season.

i agree.....im hoping he can be a little like john randle......thats obviously being optimistic

Yes, if Edelperson only stretched his form out on a rack in the basement of the Vatican all off-season he'd approach 6' 3" and have better distributed body fat and be a True #1. We get it.

EDIT: Hope I don't get ex-communicated for a helpful suggestion.

Patswickedpissah, led by the Devil, having abandoned through apostasy the promise he had made at his Baptism in beer, has not feared to ravage the Church of Belichick, steal Church goods and violently oppress the poor of Brady -to say nothing of offering up sarcastic suggestions. In our concern over this, we do not desire that he perish because of any pastoral neglect of our own. For before the dread Judgment seat, we will have to render an account to the Prince of Quarterbacks, Our Lord Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr, in accordance with the terrible warning the Lord Himself addresses to us with these words: F-ck you, *****es (Patriots/Bills: 2012). Therefore, we have canonically warned him once, twice, a third and yet a fourth time so that he might conquer his malice, inviting him to amend himself, make reparation and penance, and reprehending him with paternal affection. But he –o woe! –despising the salutary admonitions of the Church of Belichick, which he has offended, and led by the spirit of pride, has not wanted to make any reparation.

... oh nevermind. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back