PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you watch ESPN? I feel sorry for you. (Stephen A Smith vs Bayless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Video: Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady? - AFC East Blog - ESPN

I can't believe they get paid to debate. Granted it has to be all for show. Lets look at two "facts" that Stephen A. Smith used to argue Rodgers being better than Brady:

- Rodgers is the QB of the Packers and the fans own the Packers and have the best fan base
- Rodgers is the successor to Brett Favre

Clearly those are concrete reasons why Rodgers is better than Brady.

Sort of unrelated, but I have a hard time seeing the Pats D shutting down a packer O firing on all cylinders.

Isn't Stephen A-hole an NFC guy?

awjeez.jpg

it's all for show..usually not how they feel on a subject at all behind closed doors

It just sucks that there isn't any sports TV for the enlightened fan. I'd kill for a show with real opinions, heck maybe even facts! Imagine breaking down offenses and defenses, real player strengths and weaknesses. I'm salivating. But it's all just a dream...

The thread title:Do you watch ESPN? I feel sorry for you.

So then a thread is started to bring them what they want- attention.:eek:

Take it with a grain of salt. Not sure how he ever got hired to talk football in the first place. I thought it was originally for basketball and his connection to Philly and Iverson. When it comes right down to it he was hired as an entertainer as far as I'm concerned. His knowledge of football is lacking compared to his basketball. He should just stick with that.

If you watch ESPN I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but Skip Bayless ain't one

Sort of unrelated, but I have a hard time seeing the Pats D shutting down a packer O firing on all cylinders.

I'd much rather play Chicago in the Super Bowl than Green Bay. Pats beat their 06 team that won the NFC. And, also blew them out in 2010. They made it to the NFCCG that year.
Am I crazy for wanting another crack at the Giants? A healthy Gronk, B.Lloyd and a much stronger running game.

Stephen A. Smith talking football would be like Terry Bradshaw doing a hockey game. Mr. Smith's opinion means less than zero unless it involves the NBA.

I don't know why everyone's so bitter. If you don't take it seriously, it's a hilarious show to watch. :D

I get a little embarassed though when Skip Bayless favors the Pats since he's known to be a bit off his rocker.

I watch first take sometimes for the lolz, I mean there's noway that **** isn't fake arguments. Noway skip and stephen a are polar opposites about literally everything. I bet those two laugh it off after the show. There's noway Skip really believes Tebow is one of the best players in the league.

the only time i watch espn these days is mon night football. and even then i wait to tune in after kick off and skip all of there unwatchable pregame bull*****. at half time im off to the computer. there are more choices now like the nbc sports channel for example. i am a much better human being since leaving morons like trent dilfer chris[gas bag]berman Stuart[hip hop ]scott and trey [wingnut] wingo behind. i highly recommend pro football talk on the nbc sports channel at 5pm eastern now hosted by carolyn manno
NBC Sports Carolyn Manno: photos and bio | Sports

Steven A Smith NEVER said that...whatever it is that he said...or was said...or videotaped, recorded, written down or sent by telegraph...he DIDN'T SAY IT...I don't know what it is that he DID say but he didn't say THAT...whatever that is...never said it...no way...he knows what he said and THAT ain't what he said...

Frankly I don't know what you guys are so upset about... I figured the debate would be "new" Peyton vs. Rodgers. The fact that Brady is still even being talked about is pretty nice, and being compared to Rodgers is a huge compliment. I only mean that in terms of the respect they are getting... Brady continues to perform at a high level and no one really seems to care or notice.

Rodgers is far more of the darling than Brady now. Like it or not, Rodgers can do some things that Brady could never do athletically, and he runs his offense with as much efficiency and command as Brady does. Not saying I would take Rodgers over him, but he's at Brady's level.

The Packers would have much less luck shutting the Patriots offense down.

It just sucks that there isn't any sports TV for the enlightened fan. I'd kill for a show with real opinions, heck maybe even facts! Imagine breaking down offenses and defenses, real player strengths and weaknesses. I'm salivating. But it's all just a dream...

I watch two shows that do a decent job of what you are looking for. Playbook AFC and NFC is the first. It is one hour for each conference and all they do is break down game film. The second being NFL Matchup, which does a similar breakdown of game film. I'm not sure what stations they are on, but I think one is on ESPN and the other NFL Network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye