Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you want to know how the LEFT silence the dissidents in US government agency?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Dec 5, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

FOXNews.com - EPA Employees Silenced for Criticizing Cap and Trade

We have seen censorship in this forum. We see it in real life.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +993 / 2 / -9

They'd rather not talk about this, The left Wing loves "whistleblowers" when they blow the whistle on the Conservatives now that b!tch Barbara Boxer wants the Climategate Hackers jailed and the Phony Lying Global Warming Criminal Bastards treated as victims.
    God I'm glad I left that party (i used to be a democrat until the loons took them over)

3. bencoateshelmet

bencoateshelmet Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But they haven't really been silenced have they - they are free to say what they like as long as they make it clear that it's their views and not the views of their employer.

From the Fox article:

and its not the first time the EPA have been at the centre of "censorship claims". From 2002 Watchdog quits EPA: Silenced, he says

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I'm not 100% certain of any governmental or corporate rules on the subject but isn't it pretty much commonly accepted practice (whether written or unwritten) that any employee of any company or agency isn't supposed to use company information in a private statement or to represent themselves as representative of that company when they are espousing private opinion?

I know when I was in FD uniform I wasn't allowed to express personal opinion to the newspapers or other media, nor was I allowed to give my private opinion at a Town Hall meeting while in uniform nor was I allowed to drink or smoke or otherwise conduct myself in any manner which may have reflected on the town or department which employed me.

5. bencoateshelmet

bencoateshelmet Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I once got reprimanded by having a letter printed in an industry magazine which printed my employers name under mine.
    My manager got a rocket and hence so did I