PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want this team in the playoffs???

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you hope the team is in the playoffs

• Yes, no matter what , I want the playoffs...

Votes: 91 88.3%
  • No this team will get clubbed by anybody..

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Does not matter, my expectation are shot.. season is over for me

Votes: 7 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I want the Patriots to be in the playoffs. I am

bitterly disappointed when a season ends without a Superbowl

win. My interest in sports focuses strictly on the Patriots.

What a horrible thread/poll. Come on.

Three people don't think so. I'd really like to hear who they are and why they don't want to see us make the playoffs/why their season is shot.

If they get their acts together I see a good playoff run. But they need to play better and finish drives and games

I think its important for the young players to get a taste of the playoffs and what it takes to win a championship. i also think its important for them to get the bitter taste of defeat in the playoffs as well.

is this a serious poll?

Is this a joke?? I mean what kind of fan would want their team to actually miss the playoffs? :confused:

It's one thing to be so disgusted with the players, coaches or FO that you want a major shakeup to occur (idiotic thinking nonetheless IMO). It's another to want them to actually miss the playoffs, thinking it will help achieve that objective, or to somehow "punish" them, or to make yourself feel that you were somehow "right" about the moves the Pats should have been making. Un-friggin-believable. Anyone one voting yes should be rooting for another team.

My goodness, what a question! "You play ........." (Herm Edwards)

Exactly.

Not wanting to make the playoffs - no matter what the reason - puts you on a slippery slope that leads to NFL hell (or Cleveland, which is essentially the same thing).

No matter what the cost, you want to make the playoffs. Always. You play ....

even if i knew that they would loose at home in the first round in a blow out i still want them to make the playoffs

with tom brady in the post season anything can happen

I very seldom read a question in a Thread to which I just can't relate at all. This is one of them, including the "explanation" offered by the OP.

If someone made the misinformed statement, "No, because if we lose the next four games we'd have a better Draft pick," I could at least understand their position well enough to disagree with it.

But, otherwise, why wouldn't we want the Pats to make the Playoffs? Because, they, um, might lose a game? And the implication of that is, what? That somehow it's better not to try than to try and lose?

Or, maybe someone takes the view that going to the Playoffs and exiting after one or maybe two games would lead people to conclude that this is no longer the team that went to the AFCCG five times in seven years? How dumb is that? Somehow, not going to the Playoffs at all is less of a statement to that effect?

For those who voted the season's over already and you don't care, do us all a favor and stop calling yourself Sports fans let alone Patriots Fans.

Geez. Sometimes I wonder...

I will never ever say that I dont want my boys in the playoffs and that holds true today. I would love a comeback from behind like the Cardinals to make a SB run.

I agree...why would a so called fan WANT them to NOT make the playoffs??? Seriously...so many others have said it and I feel very much like it's hardly serious...It's silly and dumb..you wish your team to do poorly..not make it?? Why be a fan of that team.... lol

You can't win it if you're not in it.

It's depressing to think that any fan would not want their team in the Playoffs. It doesn't make any sense either because, the theory is that they don't want the team to make it for fear of being defeated in the first round due to poor play...but if you didn't make the Playoffs to begin with you would have to be exhibiting poor play correct?

Last edited:
I agree...why would a so called fan WANT them to NOT make the playoffs???

I can think of lots of fans who wouldn't want the Pats in the playoffs:

- Colts fans
- Chargers fans
- Bengals fans
- Broncos fans
- Steelers fans

etc.

Playoffs? Of Course! Anything can happen. Pats can get things turned around, others can have major injuries ( No ill intent) upsets in 1st & 2nd rounds. Lets just in ANYTHING can happen. Pats attitude must start in their lockerroom to get it done. Leaders need to step up.

Of course. What a silly question.

I have heard that there are no stupid questions. Here's proof of that being wrong

Three people don't think so. I'd really like to hear who they are and why they don't want to see us make the playoffs/why their season is shot.

Agreed. Unless they are 12 years old, then I could understand!

Last edited:
Of course I want this team in the playoffs. I dont care how we look in regular season just as long as we get in. Remember every team is 0-0 in the playoffs. Some teams rise to the challenge in do or die games and the Pats are one of them. Colts have been in the playoffs every year and only went to the superbowl 1 time. Look what the Cards at 9-7 did last year. Steelers in 05, Pats in 85, ect, ect. Patriots are a playoff team in the sense that they play well in big games. They know how to handle pressure. Lets win the next 4 games and see what happens next. I still have faith that this team can and will go to the superbowl based on their playoff record.

You know what happens if the Patriots get in, and lose their first round game 726 to 2? That means I got to enjoy Patriots football for 3 more hours. And you know what? A one seed hasn't won it all since 2003 (as we all remember), so what the hell, maybe this flawed team can go on a 4 game winning streak? It's happened once or twice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back