PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Pats to play the Bills in Toronto?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the game played in Toronto?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Don't matter - it's the Bills

Votes: 34 50.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Seeing the other thread on the Bills moving a 2nd home game to Toronto got me thinking - Would you rather see the Pats play the Bills there or in Buffalo?

I guess it's a horse a piece since both teams play outdoors in northern climates, unlike last year when the Bills lost their home field advantage against the Fiends by playing indoors. The other question is whether there's more risk of injury at Buffalo or Toronto.

Or do you figure it doesn't make a difference since it's the Bills?

Def. in Toronto. For one, it's in a dome, which negates bad weather. And for two, the crowd there was a complete non-factor.

Honestly, after the wind storm in Week 17, I'm not sure how anyone would prefer to play in Buffalo.

As long as Ty Law's cousin isn't involved, Toronto is a no-brainer.

The Patriots game is a big draw.

It's not going to Toronto.

I'd go to see the pats/bills in TO in a heartbeat........fun town to do for a weekend.......maybe catch a leafs game, also

Might be a chance for us Canucks to scoot over with a better chance at a ticket and no customs/passport crap. Use our own money, say "eh" a lot, pick up a double-double on the way, sing a non-agressive anthem... you know the drill.

The Bills haven't beaten NE since when, the Bledsoe Milloy thing in game 1 of 2002? I don't think it matters if we play them in Toronto or Nunavut.

The Patriots game is a big draw.

It's not going to Toronto.

The fins game has always been Buffalos biggest draw and that didn't stop them from moving that game. That game was a disaster so they want a big name team to get the hype back. The Rumour around Toronto is that the Colts are coming.

The fins game has always been Buffalos biggest draw and that didn't stop them from moving that game. That game was a disaster so they want a big name team to get the hype back. The Rumour around Toronto is that the Colts are coming.

Not really. Not anymore anyway. I know a lot of people who have season tickets, and the Patriots game is the biggest draw each and every year. That's why they always stick it at the end of the season. Tickets are harder to come by for the Patriots than any other game.

Even during a brutally cold post Xmas week, the game was sold out last year. If it were the Phins, it wouldn't have sold.

I always want to beat division rivals fair and square. Playing in Toronto gives the Pats an unfair advantage. Rather play them in the snow and cold of Buffalo than on a more neutral field.

Besides, the cold and wind of the game in Buffalo where the goal posts were being bent by the wind is what football is all about.

Last edited:
I always want to beat division rivals fair and square. Playing in Toronto gives the Pats an unfair advantage. Rather play them in the snow and cold of Buffalo than on a more neutral field.

TO might be more effective indoors on good footing. I suppose he did alright in Philly, but Buffalo's winter weather can be more exaggerated. Winter games in Buffalo are cool to watch.

Besides, the cold and wind of the game in Buffalo where the goal posts were being bent by the wind is what football is all about.

"So quoth the Madden nevermore."

yes, i would like it

As long as Ty Law's cousin isn't involved, Toronto is a no-brainer.
:singing:

Yeah, let's hope the entire team gets on the plane, or if anyone decides to drive, they avoid any unnecessary stops. :eek:

I took choice C, not out of disrespect for the Buffalo franchise but because of the similar amount of travel time and direction. It could have read "Doesn't matter - it's Toronto."

Realistically, it doesn't make much difference. It's not a big geographical distance.

Truthfully, the Patriots are pretty popular in Ontario (something I didn't realize until a few months ago) so I think it would be more of the same with the Jerseys in attendance reflecting a balanced fan-view.

And dangitallanyway, I want to only have to drive 90 minutes for a PATRIOTS game.

The Patriots game is a big draw. It's not going to Toronto.

Agreed, and they need the revenue from visiting Pats fans. ;) I like making that trip despite a seven-hour drive: Tickets are easy to get at reasonable price, plus you can usually count on a Patriots win.

I voted Yes, because wouldn't this make the Patriots the first team to play in 3 different countries during the regular season?

those silly canucks, what do they know about a tough sport like football?

Aren't their soldiers off getting manicures and pedicures...

:rofl:

those silly canucks, what do they know about a tough sport like football?

Aren't their soldiers off getting manicures and pedicures...

:rofl:

No, you're thinking of the American Soldiers in WWII

I expect the bills to be an improved team this year so I vote it doesn't matter. But, playing the the dome at Toronto would favor the pats.

This is ridiculous!!! Buffalo playing in a dome. Miami got to play them in a dome last year while the Pats won in the gale force winds. If Buffalo is going to play in a dome they might as well move to LA. It's sacriligeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots