Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Tedy Bruschi back for 1 more yr??

• Yes- he is our emotional leader

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • No- Time to get younger

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Not sure, because Im torn by both...

Votes: 19 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee... do I want the starting ILB of a defense that helped a team to the first 16-0 regular season record in NFL history to return?

Is there a camera around to watch my reactions to this question or something? Seriously, is the ghost of Alan Funt about to pop out of a closet, or is Ashton Kutcher about to tell me I've been punk'd?

Gee... do I want the starting ILB of a defense that helped a team to the first 16-0 regular season record in NFL history to return?

Is there a camera around to watch my reactions to this question or something? Seriously, is the ghost of Alan Funt about to pop out of a closet, or is Ashton Kutcher about to tell me I've been punk'd?

so based on that thinking we shouldn't make any changes, not try to improve and not acknowledge when a player's skills are in decline. with that thinking we wouldn't have made the off-season moves last year that brought a much better WR corp, getting us the 18 wins and super bowl appearance.

so based on that thinking we shouldn't make any changes, not try to improve and not acknowledge when a player's skills are in decline. with that thinking we wouldn't have made the off-season moves last year that brought a much better WR corp, getting us the 18 wins and super bowl appearance.

New England played with 8 linebackers for most of last season, along with Izzo. I'm pretty sure that the team will not be able to afford 4 better players than Bruschi in the linebacking corps. Again, despite what far too many seem to think, Bruschi played well enough to help the team go undefeated in the regular season. Perhaps if people like yourself actually thought things through, foolish notions like jettisoning a starter from a 16-0 team for no reason other than age wouldn't be bandied about so carelessly.

Last edited:
this notion of "linebacker by committee of aging vet" has got to go. you need guys that can play every down. and the guys that occasionally spell them should be young aggressive guys with fresh legs that come at a much lower salary.

reality is teddy should do the right thing and retire voluntarily. that would be the "team player" thing to do.

This post is dead on. This defense needs to get younger sooner than later. Everyone has an emotional attachment to TB, but it's time to develop for the future. As long as Colvin is still on the squad, get rid of Tedy and Roosey can pick up the slack for a younger guy while he learns the position.

The Colvin that we signed might be good enough to replace Tedy full time.

The Colvin that sits on the roster now, with a bum hip, lost speed, is NOT an improvement.

He's younger. That's it.

This post is dead on. This defense needs to get younger sooner than later. Everyone has an emotional attachment to TB, but it's time to develop for the future. As long as Colvin is still on the squad, get rid of Tedy and Roosey can pick up the slack for a younger guy while he learns the position.

Colvin ≠ inside linebacker

I'd love to have him as a backup/platoon guy who will be the emotional leader of the defense. He's obviously a different player since his stroke, but there should always be a place for him, if he's willing to be paid acording to his diminishing role, over time.

The Colvin that we signed might be good enough to replace Tedy full time.

The Colvin that sits on the roster now, with a bum hip, lost speed, is NOT an improvement.

He's younger. That's it.

bum hip, eh? He injured his hip a couple of years ago, and, as I recall, it didn't keep him out of any games this season. Colvin's a good, if injury prone, player, and is still very fast off the edge and capable of generating a good pass-rush. He's also young, by our standards, and knows the Patriots' D inside and out. If he wasn't so injury prone, we'd absolutely love him- as it is, he's good, and very important to our D. With him on the field, there is no way in hell that the Pats lose the SB.

bum hip, eh? He injured his hip a couple of years ago, and, as I recall, it didn't keep him out of any games this season. Colvin's a good, if injury prone, player, and is still very fast off the edge and capable of generating a good pass-rush. He's also young, by our standards, and knows the Patriots' D inside and out. If he wasn't so injury prone, we'd absolutely love him- as it is, he's good, and very important to our D. With him on the field, there is no way in hell that the Pats lose the SB.

he went out w/ a foot injury this year i think.

If Tedy wants to come back for another year, he should be given

the chance. I would be bitterly disappointed; however, if a young

2008 draft pick doesn't make the 53 man roster at the linebacker

position.

Last edited:
If Tedy wants to come back for another year, he should be given

the chance. I would be bitterly disappointed; however, if a young

2008 draft pick doesn't make the 53 man roster at the linebacker

position.

with the way this board is thinking, i'll just be glad if they don't bring back andre tippett at this point. and john hannah to bolster the Oline

I want him back under the right circumstances. Assuming for example Zack Thomas signs. Would you want three 35 plus linebackers plus an aging Rodney Harrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back