PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Want Plaxico Burress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do want to see Larry Fitzgerald in a Pats uniform some day. Brady & Fitzgerald would be a match made in heaven!

I was thinking the same thing. With the Cardinals need for a QB, you think Bill would work out a trade and send Hoyer or Mallett to them?

I was thinking the same thing. With the Cardinals need for a QB, you think Bill would work out a trade and send Hoyer or Mallett to them?

Probably not. If they really wanted Mallett they wouldn't have drafted Rob Housler, TE, Florida Atlantic, in the third round right before Mallett got picked.

It's not impossible that they really, really want Hoyer based on his limited preseason action but that's just wishful thinking at this point.

The "problem children" have only become a big-time issue when what they offered on the field was no longer worth the baggage they brought with them off the field.

Moss was accused of assaulting a woman in 2008, he made remarks before 2010 saying that the Patriots "don't pay" and that 2010 would likely be his last in NE. But he was only shipped out of NE when Belichick felt that his skill set and what he brought to the NE offense was no longer worth the attitude/antics they had to deal with off the field (i.e. those press conferences about how this season would his last as a Patriots).

There were a lot of stories that came out about Adalius being a "problem" from the get-go with the Patriots. He didn't like moving to ILB during 07, he questioned Belichick rather than just do what he was told, he was frustrated early on with his role (playing more coverage than rushing the passer). But Adalius was only discarded of when his level of play didn't equal all the BS Belichick had to deal with off the field.

Adalius and Moss are precisely why NE has no interest right now in a potential problem child. Using them as examples only proves my point. It's been nothing but captains and daughter marriage potentials since then.

And NE waited to waive AD largely because of his contract. He would have been long gone in 2009 if the cap weren't a consideration.

I hear what you are saying about Burress and how much the Giants clearly wanted him to stick around. But that was two years ago and he was a great fit for their power run/long toss offense. Plus, he was one of the few people on the planet that Eli had a hard time overthrowing.

But that doesn't do anything to change my mind. I don't want him and I'd be willing to lump down a good amount of change that says BB wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole either.

i want anyone on the pats that will help us get a super bowl.. and if plaxico is that man, so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back