Do you want Adalius Thomas benched/cut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Would like to a see consensus on the most discussed Patriot of the week, what would you do if you were in charge?

I'd send him home for the year and deal with him in the offseason.

Bench him for the rest of the season. Cut him once 2009 is over. I'd cut him sooner, except for the prohibitive cost.

I'd send him home for the year and deal with him in the offseason.

He is untradable with that contract. If the pats cuts him it is still like 9 million against the cap.

He is untradable with that contract. If the pats cuts him it is still like 9 million against the cap.

Even if he made vet minimum he, like every other NFL player, is untradable until the 2010 league year begins around March 1.

Last edited:
Innactive - THE ULTIMATE EMBARESSMENT.

Some fresh, new, high motor, special teams mentality on the defensive side might help everyone out. The replacement may not be as skilled, but a guy like Ninkovich would come in and play hard. Imagine all the starters being out-hustled by a guy who isn't nearly as skilled.

If I remember correctly, Ninkovich has done just as good or better than most of our LB's in rushing the QB.

We need him for depth purposes. Our LB corps is thin as it is. On top of that, why would we cut him with the cap hit the team would have to absorb? It sucks that he's a malcontent, but we have to keep him in there.

We need him for depth purposes. Our LB corps is thin as it is. On top of that, why would we cut him with the cap hit the team would have to absorb? It sucks that he's a malcontent, but we have to keep him in there.

Good point. BB should at least start someone ahead of him.

Financially, I don't think it matters if we cut him now or in the offseason, especially with the likelihood that there is no cap next season. I could be wrong there.

I'd cut him right now and get him out of the locker room. Or bench him and tell him not to show up. His effort has been poor in the games and he's not performing as well as he should be. He has the potential to be one of the best defenders on this team, and he refuses to live up to that - or maybe he's just too old. Right now, I can't see how Woods or Ninkovich couldn't perform better than he could given their high level of effort.

Yes. He's not that much more effective than woods but ten times the mouth.

I would do what is best for the team, and BB needs to decide how serious all of this is... perhaps along the way a tete a tete will take place and there can be a resolution, we do not have a plethora of OLB's so my judgement is reserved...

Financially, I don't think it matters if we cut him now or in the offseason, especially with the likelihood that there is no cap next season. I could be wrong there.

I'd cut him right now and get him out of the locker room. Or bench him and tell him not to show up. His effort has been poor in the games and he's not performing as well as he should be. He has the potential to be one of the best defenders on this team, and he refuses to live up to that - or maybe he's just too old. Right now, I can't see how Woods or Ninkovich couldn't perform better than he could given their high level of effort.

Sorry, but there's a huge cost. Otherwise I'd agree with you and cut him right now.

According to Miguel's page, cutting or trading AD during the 2009 NFL season would result in an additional cap hit of $7,260,000 above and beyond what AD is already counted for against the cap this season. That would presumably put us over the cap.

We need to stop talking about "cutting" Adalius Thomas. Doing so is BEYOND cost-prohibitive. Benching him will have to do. He's a little b!tch. I'm seriously considering having to kick his ass.

“You don’t become a Super Bowl champion in this business without having character and dignity for what you do for your teammates, OK?,” said Ray Lewis. “We won a Super Bowl without Adalius Thomas. The New England Patriots won three Super Bowls without Adalius Thomas."

I find myself remembering this statement over and over again now. Someone buy Ray a drink on me man. He knew what he was talking about.
That is cowards. :D

I find myself remembering this statement over and over again now. Someone buy Ray a drink on me man. He knew what he was talking about.
That is cowards. :D

When did Ray Lewis say that?

This was from 2007. Old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes