PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think there is a guy like Reid or Vick ect on our team but just smarter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Would like feedback of whether anyone here thinks we have a guy like a Dexter Reid or Michael Vick ect - Guys that carry illegal guns and doing/carrying drugs around other illegal stuff but maybe is too smart and too quiet about it to get caught?

Do you think a current player like that exists on this team or do you think all our guys are saints when it comes to stuff like that?....There are some guys in the NFL that probably do the same thing like Pac-Man,Vick,Merrimen and now Reid but just don't get caught with it cause of smarts when in the public/media eye....Sometimes I wonder if one exists in the Patriots locker room.

I guess the old saying goes.."If you don't know,It wont hurt you" - and if you don't care even better,I guess as long as no one gets caught doing bad stuff while a member of our team its not a big deal,just something to ponder about but probably never know.

Whats wrong with any of the players carrying guns? Would I be enraged if say, a pats favorite got pulled over while speeding and a gun was taken away? The answer is no. There is a huge difference between a guy making a little mistake or doing something wrong on a small level, to a guy like little who was driving drunk and killed a woman, or vick carrying around "special" water bottles. Ty Law had drugs on him while trying to cross the canadian border a few yrs. ago and blamed it on his cousin/or friend if I remember correctly. They're all human. It's just the REALLY stupid decisions that blow u away.
Bottom line: Do I think we have a player on our team that ****** stupid? Jones or Vick or Leonard stupid? No, I dont. But do I think we have guys that pack heat, smoke some reefer, hit their women a little, or dabble in some drugs every once in awhile? Yes I do. It's money, sports and fame. It'll always be that way. For all sports, and all teams.

I think that guys like these are usually screened out by the Pats hierarchy and maybe that is why Dexter Reid was let go by this club. I also think that we breed intense leadership on how to behave in the NFL.. guys like Bruschi, Harrison and the rest of the crew explain how important it is to do the right thing.

With that being said, I often wondered what would have happened when I was in my early twenties and someone gave me a couple of hundred grand to play and do something I loved, I probably would have do more stupid things than I did. Not sure about the gun stuff.. but for the grace of god never got caught with anything illegal or got a DUI.

I think that guys like these are usually screened out by the Pats hierarchy and maybe that is why Dexter Reid was let go by this club.

That and the fact that he isn't very good.

Plenty of people drive around with a bag of pot in their cars. Plenty of people own guns. Plenty of people make a mistake and get nabbed for DUI.

To do all three, that is stupid. To be doing all three in Virginia is even worse.

Being in Virginia, where I got in a heated discussion with my funny little hunny on a toll road and almost spent the night in jail for speeding recently (1 MPH on the right side of that line,) I can attest that VA is not the state to mess up in.

I can also attest that plenty of people do stoopit stuff in their 20s. In this regard, it's a little hypocritical of me to want these guys to act differently from how I did. At the same time, I did manage through luck, moderation, or skin tone (yes, it makes a huge difference regarding who gets caught,) to stay pretty clear of the legal system when I was younger.

Maybe I like the team I root for to actually be better than I was at that age, in terms of being law-abiding, because they get so many advantages back in return as players. As in, why do you need those behaviors, when you're filthy rich with hot and cold running groupies at your disposal? The ego's a hole that never gets filled, when you try to do it from the outside. I guess I demand that wisdom come to players early, since they have so many sources from which to demonstrate that to themselves.

That said - looking at my own behavior in my 20s vs. this team's behavior that we know of, I have to tip my hat to these guys. Sometimes we forget they're basically kids, especially early on. The fact that we don't hear about scrapes like these speaks volumes for a lot of these guys.

PFnV

they are just kids, and human.some smarter than others.it must be quite a transition to the nfl for some of the less mature guys.thats why BB puts so much into a guys charector, when chooseing him.:rolleyes:

I have no doubt that some Patriots carry a gun or smoke pot. And someday, one of them is going to get caught. Perhaps this thought would reduce the glee we express when another Bengal find himself in handcuffs...

One thing's for sure-with the NFL targeting 'conduct' this year, I hope any of our smart players who may dabble in the illegal are also smart enough to batten down their hatches for awhile and make sure any and all legal permit/paperwork ducks are all in a row.

i wont get into specifics, last time I did No one believed me, (which is fine) but These are humans, Patriot players are not heaven sent angels, they are HUMANS. What they benefit from is there are no swelled egos on the team, which would make one think he is above league rules,laws, etc etc etc..

do you know how many people do the ricky williams? it would be absurd to think a Patriot player or any nfl player didnt for that fact.. hell what even more bothersome is, Do you know how many nfl players juice?...I dont know the numbers but I am willing to bet 50% of the league foes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes