PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think the NFL will ever sell parts of the jersey for sponsors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Look at soccer...walking billboard for an airlines or phone carrier.

Do you think the NFL will ever resort to selling spots on the jersey say below the #'s for a sponsor to put their logo?

Teams could make a hell of a lot of money out of it. (Manchester City got 400 million iirc) Maybe they could put charities on the strip instead like Barcelona used to do? Not as though they need the extra cash

Aslong as stuff like this didn't happen

dc186c1989c2537f_532_399_JPEG_scale

if it meant even just 25% less tedious commercial breaks I'd be all for it

No they don't need the $$. Hell soccer doesn't either. But i could see a time where they become so greedy they start to sell the jersey

City got 400 million pounds..606 million dollars from Etihad Airways

Teams could make a hell of a lot of money out of it. (Manchester City got 400 million iirc)

Man City made 400m+ pounds because they (Etihad airways) sponsored themselves to get around financial fair play rules

I see it coming in the future to the NFL. It is just too lucrative to sell jersey space. Not to mention Kraft already owns a soccer team, the New England Revolution and they do already do it.

Chivas_USA_vs_New_England_Revolution_Header.jpg

Think about it, Kraft is the ultimate businessman. He'll find a way to earn extra profits. And IMO it doesn't detract that much from the game to stare at some extra logos. Although I'd prefer they be smaller than the Team logo obviously. LOL.

I would never buy another jersey if they did that.

I would never buy another jersey if they did that.

I probably wouldn't either. but i can see it happening. Giving up the front and leaving #s and name on back

once it becomes the standard the public's jersey buying behavior would be the same as it is now imo

not until at least the next CBA

well...if this does happen then the Jets get to claim the entire seat of the uniform's pants...after all, smushing face to azz IS their branded trademark....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes