Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do You Think The Media Has Been Fair Reporting Hillary vs Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Mar 28, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,818 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I know it's sometimes hard not to favor your candidate ... however do you think the media has been fair in this election?

I don't think they were fair at all in the G.O.P. primaries but I'm not sure it would have resulted any differently.

I admit I am biased towards Hillary. She's not my absolute favorite ... John Edwards was but whatever ... everyone gets their say. If I'm wrong ... tell me I'm wrong but I think the media has without question favored Obama.

My opinion of that is because in the old days ... not Harry or NEM old days but my 48 years old ... old days the media used to do much investigative work during the primaries ... and they questioned everything.

it seems to me the only investigating that has been done is that which originated from the Clinton campaign itself. What has the media done to give Obama a good lookover ... not too much.

Some of this is due to the G.O.P. hammering Hillary and leaving Obama alone ... but since when has the media done what it is told.

In any case ... if possible ... do you think the media has done a fair and accurate job of their duty to cover all sides of every story on Obam and Clinton?

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No. They've clearly favored BHO (btw, I only use the H because it seems wrong to just say "BO".)

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

I think the media is inherently biased, with that being said this whole issue has gone on too long and they have reaped what they sow.. McCain fades into the background, gets plenty of rest.. works on his agenda and staff, while these two bozo's fight it out and demean each other and get daily negative face time.

Every media source has an agenda, so there will always be unfairness..

4. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I can't speak for media bias as it pertains to Obama/Clinton but I do know that a bias does exist based on my work during in the 2004 campaign. A couple of examples would be the president of ABC issuing a memo to his news division asking them not to hold both sides equally accountable because Kerry was getting hit too hard was being to hard by the opposing side and you have CBS news putting a guy who is pushing an unfounded negative story against Bush in touch with the campaign of Senator Kerry. The bias does exist. Savvy campaigns find ways to use that negative bias to their advantage.

5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

Everyone ask yourself this question, of John McCain went to a church for twenty years in which his pastor and "spiritual mentor" made daily racist remarks about black people, do you think that he would still be in the Senate, let alone running from President.

Hillary has been getting it worse than Obama, because the media refuses to ask him any tough questions, wait until the general election and watch their bias come out.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,818 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

We end up choosing between a few bozo's every election ... it's rather sad. If the media did it's job we would have better primaries which I believe are way more important than the general election.

Gore / Bush
    Kerry / Bush
    McCain / Obama

Please .. tell me this is not the best we can do.

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't know about Hillary or Obama, but during the primaries, the media (for some reason) decided Ron Paul was a crackpot.
    Unbelievable how the voters respond so uniformly to what the media says in this country. You see it in politics, news stories about denger at every turn, product advertising, stupid...I mean STUPID!....TV shows, and how the Pats are being treated this year. The sheep in this country will continue to do whatever the media tells them to do.
    It's very depressing.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

I believe the comments were about white people, do you think that this has been overplayed a bit?? I would suspect not, but everything that could be said has been said with hysteria and hyperbole, it is really time to move on and let the populus decide..

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

So I guess you agree that white people invented AIDs to kill the blackman. I have serious difficulty with a man in the US Senate who would listen to this and not leave.

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

I never said that, but continue to beg the issue.. if we were all judged by who we listened to that would be a sad state of affairs, for most of us we are judged by what we do.. guess time to start another Rev. Wright thread, you folks gotta hang on to something..

Do not get me wrong I do not even know if I like Obama, but one thing for sure is that the Wright stuff has gotten overplayed.. so much so not sure what the issues are any more..