PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think that the Pats SHOULD be punished HEAVILY for the camera incident?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think that the Pats SHOULD be punished SEVERELY for their camera incident

• Yes

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
News now is coming out that the camera used was CONFISCATED just after the FIRST QUARTER!!! Do you think that the Pats should receive an incredibly harsh sentence (losing multiple key draft picks, paying big fines, possible suspensions) for using a video camera for ONE quarter? The fact that there was NO way that they could have utilized this info since the camera was taken away so early....in their pummeling of the Jests......

I see it as a violation of their camera policy....which should result in the loss of one late round draft pick in 2008.........what do you all think!?

Speaking of violations... wouldn't mind one happening to Mangini in a dark alley in Brooklyn.:D

A fine and maybe a LATE draft pick are warranted.

However, I even think there's some BS in that because what the league is saying is "we know everyone else is doing it, but we're going to punish you because the media has gotten a hold of it, and well, we don't like controversy."

Meanwhile, other teams will do this or something similar with immunity for the rest of the season.

I do think Kraft should create an in house security outfit solely designed to dig up dirt on other teams we play and report everything short of a mouse fart to the league office.

A fine and maybe a LATE draft pick are warranted.

However, I even think there's some BS in that because what the league is saying is "we know everyone else is doing it, but we're going to punish you because the media has gotten a hold of it, and well, we don't like controversy."

Meanwhile, other teams will do this or something similar with immunity for the rest of the season.

I do think Kraft should create an in house security outfit solely designed to dig up dirt on other teams we play and report everything short of a mouse fart to the league office.

I don't think we need Kraft to become a Mangini Rat.

One last thing is that pieces of sh## like Howard Bryant and others are basically backing Goodell into a corner with comments like "Goodell better do the right thing or he will show everyone that he is "less law and order, and more company man"

I actually don't see any other way out for Goodell than to just crucify the Patriots.....and when he does, everyone u know that are fans of other teams will always refer to our boys and coaches .....as the "cheaters"......and that will be a shame.....Because other than having a damned camera on the field for ONE quarter, in which NO usable info could have been attained........they DID NOTHING WRONG.......and DID NOT CHEAT......they did what every other team does....going after signals is called gamesmanship by almost every coach.......Sad, sad day for the NFL if they impose heavy sanctions/punishment on the Pats.......and like many have said....Goodell will set in motion a precedent that he is going to have to back up for all teams....The Polians, the snyders, the f'ing dbag owner and coaches of the Jests etc.....no one will be safe....and if I am the Pats....I am now gunning for them.......

Rules are rules. If the camera wasn't supposed to be there, than it's up to Goodell to impose whatever he feels is the appropriate punishment. But if it was really seized during the first quarter, I don't see who can claim it helped at all when the Patriots started demolishing the Jets in the second half.

One thing is for sure, I think this year is the last stand. Samuel, Moss, and Stallworth are essential on sure to be here until the end of this season, re-signing all three would be tough, and I have to imagine that Brushchi and Seau are closing in on retirement. Take whatever punishment is doled out, sack up, and go get #4. :rocker:

I think losing the camera is punishment enough! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back