Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you think that the Chargers will play better after losing all their top coaches?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by chowder, Feb 13, 2007.

1. chowder

chowder On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just trying to start a topic of conversation during the off season while waiting for free agency and the draft to start. lol

Now that the Chargers have lost all of their top coaches, does anybody believe that the players will use this to fuel the fire and give them an "us against the world mentality" to help them play with a chip on their shoulder and prove all of the critics wrong? Plus, it takes the pressure off of them since now nobody really expects them to do well despite their team talent and record last season, so they can just go out there an play football without worrying about high expectations. If I was a die hard fan of that team, that would be how I would try to put a positive spin on the situation. But regardless of whether or not you like Marty, most would agree that the timing of the firing was bad unless AJ and co actually already have a plan in place.

2. SoCal Bong

SoCal Bong Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Do you think that the Chargers will play better after losing all their top coache

All I can say is that I would not assume the contrary. In other words don't expect the Chargers to take two steps back just because of the coaching changes. They were probably the best team in '06.

3. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Re: Do you think that the Chargers will play better after losing all their top coache

If management is shrewed in hiring the right guys/systems to match their talent base, they should be among the elite again in '07.

4. Patstopia

Patstopia Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Football is about chemistry. How many times have we seen the more talented team not do as well as the less talented teams. Some teams seem to attract the wrong decisions. Take Cincinnati for example. And with the last year dumping Brees and this year changing HC and staff. It seems they also are familiar with this downward spiral.

5. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't believe that they will play better, but I say that with an asterix attached to it. In pro football it generally isn't about the players you have on the team but the players you have on the team to fit the system. Given Cameron's offense and Philips' defense they had great players for their system. Therefore it depends on the coach(es) that they bring in and what system that they employ. Is that defense that good in a 4-3 compared to the 3-4? Is their offense better playing out of a 4 receiver set predominantly?

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,520 / 14 / -5

It will all depend on who they hire and what kind of system they run. Odds are they will take a step back, but the right coaching staff and system could actually make them even better.

7. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Is there an echo in here?

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,520 / 14 / -5

Sorry, I was writing my post before you posted your post. I guess great minds think alike.

9. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Exactly, I couldn't have said it any better myself.