PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DO you think that at the end of the year, Moss will take less money again to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
do you think he would rather win now, that get paied and have a situation like oakland arise again? i know he said he hs enough money....now he just wants to win. I hope he keeps that attitude. man i sure hope they sighn him. Him and brady are unstopable.

Re: DO you think that at the end of the year, Moss will take less money again to stay

There's no real doubt he would.

The only questions are

1. How MUCH of a discount he'll give.
2. To what extent other teams will think he's truly more valuable on the Pats than elsewhere, and hence not want to pay him for the full performance he shows here.

Re: DO you think that at the end of the year, Moss will take less money again to stay

I think he'll take a LOT of money, but slightly less than he could command on the open market. I'd be very surprised if he leaves. I think he feels he's found a home, not just in this offense but in this organization and system. It provides the structure and discipline that he clearly craves and excels in, and it provides an opportunity for him to be WHO HE IS and to be the best he can be. And he's got Brady throwing him the ball. I think he stays.

he wants to secure his legacy...money he has...he knows what it is like to be on a non- contending team..he wont risk that again. if one of the top org. offers more..it is possible..but i think he is will to give quite a big discount to NE if we do well this year. if pats win SB he will stay for half price

I think you guys are fooling yourselves. Moss wants a ring. Once he has that he will go back to "ME, ME, ME." He'll take a huge payday from some cellar dweller and be the asshat we all know he is deep down inside.

I think you guys are fooling yourselves. Moss wants a ring. Once he has that he will go back to "ME, ME, ME." He'll take a huge payday from some cellar dweller and be the asshat we all know he is deep down inside.

I don't know about that. There's also the chance that he realizes that the money he gets from endorsements is significantly more than any contract, and that by staying in New England he has the chance to play Rice to Brady's Montana.

This could end up being the bright side of losing a first round pick this year. We will have extra $$$ to offer Moss a fair deal. I would like to see him stay beyond this year

I don't know about that. There's also the chance that he realizes that the money he gets from endorsements is significantly more than any contract, and that by staying in New England he has the chance to play Rice to Brady's Montana.

I've been watching football far too long to believe that.

I don't think so. The Oakland thing taught him a lesson. He might go to another top team (Pit, Indy, etc) if they empty the bank for him, but he won't just follow the money again.

At this point, his reputation, stats, oportunities to get rings, legacy, and possible HOF entry are far more important to him than money. If he stays here and excels, it makes it look like the previous stuff was just the biproduct of other crappy situations.

If he leaves here and gets himself into another bad situation, all that goes up in smoke.

The pats have arguably the best QB in the NFL and certainly the best Head Coach in the league. They have a great Oline, RB, defense, and complimentary receiving targets. He is in the perfect situation. Leaving that would be dumb.

The pats will offer him a long term contract at 5-6M per year and he'll take it.

I don't think so. The Oakland thing taught him a lesson. He might go to another top team (Pit, Indy, etc) if they empty the bank for him, but he won't just follow the money again.

At this point, his reputation, stats, oportunities to get rings, legacy, and possible HOF entry are far more important to him than money. If he stays here and excels, it makes it look like the previous stuff was just the biproduct of other crappy situations.

If he leaves here and gets himself into another bad situation, all that goes up in smoke.

The pats have arguably the best QB in the NFL and certainly the best Head Coach in the league. They have a great Oline, RB, defense, and complimentary receiving targets. He is in the perfect situation. Leaving that would be dumb.

The pats will offer him a long term contract at 5-6M per year and he'll take it.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. Once he has the ring, he will be like Dillon and a thousand other thugs. He will go back to his old ways and start stock-piling the money. He will want to get what he can while he can.
I've seen this movie before, only the names have changed.
But maybe he will be the exception, not the rule. But don't bank on it.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. Once he has the ring, he will be like Dillon and a thousand other thugs. He will go back to his old ways and start stock-piling the money. He will want to get what he can while he can.

In this Troll's mind, black athlete = Thug. Please share more of your knowledge with us!

I'd watch the "thugs" comments.........

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here--let's take it slow. If he has a monster year and is healthy, he'll want to get paid, and the Pats will see if they can work whatever that payment will be into their system. If not, he'll move on. If I had to guess, he'll be here next year. But it's premature to speculate.

I read an incredible history/bio of Moss last summer. He has always wanted to win really bad; losing drives him insane. It makes me think the Pats and Moss will find an accommodation.

Dillon wanted to stockpile money? Where are you getting this crap? He played hurt the last two years he was here.

Oh, he's a Bungles fan. Never mind then. You're one to talk about "thugs" when your entire team is made up of them.

Last edited:

I think you guys are fooling yourselves. Moss wants a ring. Once he has that he will go back to "ME, ME, ME."

Why do people assume that "ME, ME, ME" = "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY"? I'm as self-absorbed as the next person, but I do things for many different self-serving reasons. Sometimes money is what I'm after, but sometimes it's time, or comfort, or glory, or fun and excitement. Even "wanting a ring" can be self-serving.

When I see Randy Moss right now, he looks like he's having the time of his life. I'm betting that counts for a lot in the ME, ME, ME equation.

Moss will decide among many options. He doesn't need to go to the very highest bidder. I would presume that Green Bay would be interested and perhaps Philly. Indy might be interested.

I think it will take a lot, and he's worth every penny.

Even more than money, he wants to make all the haters eat crow. I think he will come back if he thinks that is his best chance to win.

I'll say it now. Moss will retire a Patriot. Moss is in Legacy time. We will likey pay him good cash and he will take it. No way Donte stay's so some of that cash will be free too. Moss has great numbers here, but I think that even he understands that, in Brady, he has something he has NEVER had.

He will stay here and if we are lucky, one day, they'll talk about Brady/Moss the same way they talk about Montana/Rice. These two are special skill players that have the unigue ability to make each other better. He'll understand, if he doesn't already, that this coud be a place not only to make the HOF, but to become known as one of the greatest recievers of all time, instead of just potentially the greatest.

Some of this is a little optimistic, but we've shown that we will pay for high talent, and Moss is surely high talent.

Assuming the Pats win the superbowl or not, I believe that Moss will retire a Patriot. Moss insists that he has enought money, so I don't think that will be an issue. However, he will ask for a reasonable amount, which I think the Pats will match. Unless your Peyton Manning, their is no other QB to team up with besides Tom Brady. I say Stallworth has a better chance of leaving than Moss. Brady and Moss have something special going on. In addition, I think that my boy Chad Jackson will take over at the #2 next year with our boy Welker dominating the slot duties.

You clearly have absolute insight into Moss's psyche, and are thus able to predict his behavior with certainty. How did you gain such a remarkably profound understanding of the man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes