PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Moss love NE so much...he will most certinaly come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about Moss' value is that this guy should still be productive when he gets older and loses a step. His height and ability to go up and get the ball is such a weapon inside the red zone that I think he will still be one of the game's best receivers when he loses a step in 2-3 years. As good as his speed is, he has a complete game that doesn't just rely on speed to get the ball.

Make no mistake, Moss is *key* to thye level of dominance the pats are displaying right now. Take him away and they are still a top 5 team but not *the* team.

The Patriots were in a virtual tie with the Colts last year as "*the* team" with a bunch of no names at wide receiver. It's foolish to think that the Patriots could add all the players they added (forgetting about Moss for a moment) and not be "*the* team" this year.

I've assumed all along that someone will offer Moss a ridiculous amount that BB will not match.

Well, you know what they say when you assume things. ;)

Moss was quite clear (as was pointed out earlier in this thread) about what was important to him. You can say that he was lying (which clearly he wasn't since he's playing this year for 3+ million) or that he's changed his mind (which he clearly hasn't since he reiterated a lot of his feelings last night). What option does that leave other than he'll be back with the Patriots for years to come? I think it's almost a foregone conclusion.

Moss isn't going anywhere.

He either re-signs with the Pats or he is tagged.

One or the other.

I don't think the Pats would tag Moss.
That would be a big mistake.
When Moss is unhappy, things don't go well.

Negotiate with him in good faith at the end of the year and give him a 4 year extension.
Now that would be the best post-superbowl present for Brady. :)

I don't think the Pats would tag Moss.
That would be a big mistake.
When Moss is unhappy, things don't go well.

Negotiate with him in good faith at the end of the year and give him a 4 year extension.
Now that would be the best post-superbowl present for Brady. :)

I don't think they'll have to tag him either (I think he re-signs) but in worst case scenario, they'll tag him and trade him.

I haven't read the rest of the thread (because we've already had about 5 of these), but I just want to chime in with, I assume, others:

Randy Moss will stay, and he will stay for (slightly) below-market value. He has rarely, if ever, been about money, he is a bit of an enigma, and he has found a home where he is comfortable, productive, respected and - most importantly - WINNING.

I'd stake my life on his playing for the Patriots next year, not for any other team.

I don't think they'll have to tag him either (I think he re-signs) but in worst case scenario, they'll tag him and trade him.

This raises the interesting point that the Pats were willing to tell Asante they wouldn't tag him next year because by the end of the preseason when Asante signed his tender, the Pats already knew they'd need the tag for Moss in '08. :D

Re: Do you think he's Moss love NE so much...he will most certinaly come back??

i believe he loves playing on this team. further, i'm not reading about paternity suits, rumbles in bars, attacking the coach/teammates in the press. moss is 31 now. he's settling down.

i also think he'd rather get 2 more rings, and trips to hawaii than TO gets. hin the nfl that is coveted as much as money.
but there's a thing with them, tho. hopefully he won't demand one dollar (euro) more than TO.

QUOTE=solman;635548]Here is his quote from last night:

He Really likes being here.

We Really like having him.

I think we should give him a six year $48M deal with nearly half that guaranteed.

We could probably get him for a bit less. He could certainly get more elsewhere if not hit with a franchise tag. (Although he might not be able to get that much guaranteed.)[/QUOTE]

I just heard on sportcenter
Moss loves playing for us and wants to stays. He enjoys playing with Brady and the Pats.
Unless we shortchange him all he wants is fair $$$.
I believe he stays.

If Moss gets his Super Bowl ring he will go where the money is. And there's going to be a lot of bidders.

If Moss gets his Super Bowl ring he will go where the money is. And there's going to be a lot of bidders.

You are wrong. He's not PayMeATon.

You are wrong. He's not PayMeATon.

LOL . . . good agent I guess. Maybe Brady needs to hire another one since he is about 10th on the QB pay scale. Even Romo's contract is better than Tom's. As far as Moss - he's already screwed up 3 years of earnings. This is possibly his last chance at big money. Trust me - the money talks.

Last edited:
LOL . . . good agent I guess. Maybe Brady needs to hire another one since he is about 10th on the QB pay scale. Even Romo's contract is better than Tom's. As far as Moss - he's already screwed up 3 years of earnings. This is possibly his last chance at big money. Trust me - the money talks.

Tom makes such a ridiculous amount of money through endorsements that he could take a veteran minimum contract and still be making more than any player in the league except Manning. Moss could do the same thing. I suspect Moss will take a pretty good deal from the Patriots over a great deal from any other team. I also suspect he's already been extended, it just hasn't been announced yet.

After a certain amount of money, what do you do with it all?

Tom makes such a ridiculous amount of money through endorsements that he could take a veteran minimum contract and still be making more than any player in the league except Manning. Moss could do the same thing. I suspect Moss will take a pretty good deal from the Patriots over a great deal from any other team. I also suspect he's already been extended, it just hasn't been announced yet.

After a certain amount of money, what do you do with it all?

I have been thinking the exact same thing. If he plays for the pats and they continue to dominate, there is no doubt in my mind he can earn millions from endorsements.

Go back and read my comment about working conditions youngster. The teams most able to offer him the most money are the Oakland types. He's been there and done that. I can see the Colts releasing Harrison and using his money to try to sign Moss which just might work. Pats? Colts? What do you want? A quarter or 2 dimes and a nickle? (Damn that would be cold-hearted. Think Napolian could do that to Dungy?)

That's where the Franchise tag comes into play. To absolutely keep him away from the Colts, Steelers, Broncos, Chargers (Gee think about that one? The immediate rehabilitation of Phillip Rivers.), you may need to Franchise him.

Even second or third tier teams like the Jets, the Ravens, or the Titans/Jaguars could be instantly upgraded to Playoff/SB contenders if they got the 07 Moss. Imagine that? Going to be the Home Town Hero again! ..and Again..and maybe even AGAIN! Speaking of which we haven't even talked about the Redskins who really need a top WR and are probably his hometown team (him being from WV and all). God..what if he's one of those throw-back Cowboys Clownz? TO and Moss on the same team???

It'll be really interesting off season. Think of a contending NFC team that Moss could put over the top. (Like GB...Ha Ha! You *LOSERS*). That'll be where the Pats let Moss go to after he collects his SB ring.

On the one hand we keep him and win a few more rings...

On the other hand we Franchise and trade him out-of-conference and get a few more rings..

Boy it really *sucks* to be the Patriots!

PS

No offense...but could you supply some documentation that you are really in Iraq in service of the USA? This being the internet and all where people are known to actually misrepresent themselves.

Last edited:
I will venture a guess that he goes to the contending team with a good qb that will give him the most money. I hope it's the Patriots. I don't think he wants to go through any more years in which he has to make a second or third string qb look like a Pro Bowler. Favre is getting old so I don't think it will be the Packers. Moss admires Favre so that was a possibility last year, but probably not this offseason.

I will venture a guess that he goes to the contending team with a good qb that will give him the most money. I hope it's the Patriots. I don't think he wants to go through any more years in which he has to make a second or third string qb look like a Pro Bowler. Favre is getting old so I don't think it will be the Packers. Moss admires Favre so that was a possibility last year, but probably not this offseason.

He will not go to the Most money. I don't know what people don't understand about him saying He likes New England and Belichick and He always wanted to play for Tom Brady and money is not a priority for him anymore. Why the hell would he say all that only to completly do a 180 and go against everything he's said?

He will not go to the Most money. I don't know what people don't understand about him saying He likes New England and Belichick and He always wanted to play for Tom Brady and money is not a priority for him anymore. Why the hell would he say all that only to completly do a 180 and go against everything he's said?

Uh . . . because he's an athlete.

At the postgame interview with that Andrea, he said he feels like he's living in a dream.

Andrea: What is that dream?

Moss: Playing for the NE Patriots. What more could you want?

It's quite obvious he's enjoying it, and I really doubt he'd leave to play for a team of less caliber.

It will be pretty simple. Pioli and Moss's agent will discuss how much Moss is worth on the open market. Both will cite extremely high figures. They'll temporarily agree to disagree about the exact figure. Then Pioli will ask Moss to agree to what is still a very high figure, but which he admits is less than Moss is worth.

The negotiation will be about how little Moss can accept and not feel he's being taken advantage of.

The low-end is AD's range. The high end, I think, is Seymour's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes