Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you think John Fox was watching

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFaninAZ, Jan 14, 2007.

1. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

And if he was, do you think he was yelling at the tv telling Marty what to look for on the two-point conversion.

I'm surprised by a few things. First, that we used the same play in that situation that we previously used in a huge situation with 100 million people watching. Maybe reverse psychology. I would think that anyone playing the patriots would be prepared for that play in the two-point situation. Second, that the announcers didn't remember it. I guess this is not so surprising -- they don't know our team like we do. But to compare it to the Boise State play was a bit silly. The play it should have been compared to was the other time we ran the exact same play.
  2. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I was saying right before the play that we should run the direct snap to Faulk.

After the game Felger said that everyone in the press box knew it was coming and that just shows how dense Marty is that he didn't. I can't disagree with him on that.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +250 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I was shocked they ran it, they've used it so much you'd have to think it's run it's course. Oh well, one more success with it :)
  4. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Me: "Please don't be the direct snap to Faulk, please don't be the direct snap to Faulk, please..."

*snap*

"GREAT CALL!!!" :D
  5. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

Marty did see it, he was trying to call a time out before the snap.
    I am surprised Phil Simms didn't remember that from SB 38 since he called that game too.
  6. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Someone on one of the postgame shows pointed out that's the same formation they used just last week at the goalline... Faulk went out to the right for the TD on that play. Probably the Pats figured that play would be much more prominent in everyone's memory and the Chargers would play the pass.
  7. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What really surprises me is not just that they have run that play at least two or three times a year for several years now, but that Jeff Garcia and the Eagles used the play yesterday!

Time for a new play!
  8. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I thought this too but thanks for IDing the game that was from --- I couldn't remember which game. Also agree with Alamo above here.
  9. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I could ID about ten games that play was from. It started in 2002 or earlier, and was ANCIENT by the time Carolina came around.

It was so overused already, I couldn't believe that they pulled it out in the Carolina game.

I also couldn't believe it worked so many times.

Most of Weis's trick plays never worked even once.
  10. Return of the Nizz

Return of the Nizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True, but Faulk was much closer to Brady this time. I called it as soon as I saw the formation. And I was worried too, because if I can recognize it then the pros sure as hell should recognize it.