Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do you think Citizens United help Obama win?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Irony of irony, all the money pumped into the elections surely helped the economies of the swing states. Billions spent, not only creating jobs for companies that produce ads, but for restaurants, hotel rooms, printing companies, and others. Surely this must have had some effect on the wallets of many people. While tens of thousands volunteered, my guess is that that too increased income by a lot for small restaurants and coffee shops, and even clothing stores. While I still completely oppose Citizens United, isn't it a ironic that people like Sheldon Adelson may have inadvertently helped Obama win!
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It doesn't matter. Both Obama and Romney took advantage of it. It doesn't matter who gained more. It's wrong and I should have added the Constitutional Ammendment to overturn Citizens United as another priority to Obama's next term.

The ones who profited are the ones who sold the ad space and produced the garbage. Madison Ave people are possibly the most powerful, dangerous and useless occupation in our society. They make nothing. They use psychology to manipulate the masses into doing things that are harmful to them and the world. What seals my opinion of their loathsomeness is that they are indispensible to politicians and their most powerful tool.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

We have to take some resonsibility wistah. Why do people fall for advertising?

If you live in America and you were born with average intellectual capacity, you have no excuse for being stupid.

So for all the stupid people in America, it's your fault your stupid. Don't blame "the system"...it's all on you.

"Stupid is as studid does"
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -1

We have an education system that doesn't teach personal accounting.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,753 / 30 / -48

No Jersey Selected

The following are what helped Obama win, in order of importance...

1. The GOP and it's policies.

2. Mainstream media.

3. The voters.
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

You giving the media a free pass on that one, then? Madison Ave only makes the content. It was the fourth estate that made millions shoving it down your throat (while decrying all of the money in politics).
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

We didn't teach it back when I was a kid either....so what's your point?

I still contend that if you're born with average intelligence, there is no excuse for being stupid. It would easy to prove too. I could show intellectually equal individuals who attended the same schools where one is tremendously successful and the other fails.

Now maybe one had a better home than the other, but gov't has zero responsibility with such issues.
  8. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -1

Some people are blessed to be born to competent parents who teach them these things.

We mustn't allow kids born to incompetent parents to not be taught these vital things and be doomed to a life of poor money management. Teach them these things in schools so they don't blow their money on a lease for a new car when they should buy an old used car with cash. That way they can pay their own rent.

It starts with these little things

Knowledge and lack of values are the root of poverty in this country. (maybe health care costs too)
  9. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

And education is the vehicle out of it.
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Do you actually believe incompetent parents is a new phenominon?

We had them too...every generation has them...

You seem to believe that gov't is responsible for "Fixing" every social issue where I believe gov't should only provide the framework so motivated people can succeed. Gov't isn't the caretakers of the people unless one is unable to care for themselves due to handicaps they are born with.

Gov't has and never will be responsible for motivating our young.