PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady still attends SuperBowl 50? (ceremony to honor past MVPs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I do see both sides of this, and a part of me feels like he should be able to participate in something that, taking a broader view, is bigger than the current NFL, the moron running the league, etc. He's historically great and should get his due, in the city (close to) he grew up in, etc.

But unfortunately, you can't totally separate that from what's happened over the past year, so I think he will pass.

Yep. With that said Brady is a classy guy. He is not petty and will always take the high road.

This situation is beyond that.

Last edited:
I don't know, thought it was some kind of halftime time show where they walk out onto the halfway line (pitch) like when teams honours players and there achievements.
Never heard of 'pitch' and I think you mean 50 yardline not 'halfway line'. Never heard that term either.

I don't know, thought it was some kind of halftime time show where they walk out onto the halfway line (pitch) like when teams honours players and there achievements.

I assumed that the term "pitch" meant field. I think I've heard it relate to soccer matches/folks who aren't from the U.S.

Never heard of 'pitch' and I think you mean 50 yardline not 'halfway line'. Never heard that term either.
There's roughly 7 billion people who probably have heard those terms. :p

There's roughly 7 billion people who probably have heard those terms. :p

I was actually going to tag you to ask your opinion and make sure that I wasn't losing my mind, but the act just seemed....so American :D

OK, but I don't understand that. Do you really think fans feel he is obligated to do this for them? I think more feel he is obligated to tell the NFL FU. I think the pro bowl indicated that other players could not care.
Its a ceremony announcing the MVPs. No player with a ring is going to feel better or worse if Brady is or is not standing there when they call his name.

It's now I feel as a Pats fan. I know what Pats fans think but I would like to try to convert some of the hatred.

OK, but I don't understand that. Do you really think fans feel he is obligated to do this for them? I think more feel he is obligated to tell the NFL FU. I think the pro bowl indicated that other players could not care.
Its a ceremony announcing the MVPs. No player with a ring is going to feel better or worse if Brady is or is not standing there when they call his name.

It's now I feel as a Pats fan. I know what Pats fans think but I would like to try to convert some of the haters.

Why would that have anything to do with class? The league is continuing to screw them. He has no obligation to help them promote themselves at his expense. If he feels its best for him to go, that is fine, but if he feels sending an FU to the NFL is best for him, I agree.
HE won the rings and the MVPs. I don't think he cares about your opinion on whether he is 'classy

I know your point but this isn't a local sport. Just MO.

Sorry but it pisses me off to see writers and yes, some posters here giving their opinions on what Tom should or shouldn't do. He has earned the right to do WHATEVER THE **** HE WANTS, obviously by his incredible career but also because of all the crap he he's had to put up with. His dad doesn't even know yet what Tom's doing. Yeah I know its a messsgeboard, blah blah blah. But some of y'all really need to check yourselves.

Gary Myers ‏@garymyersNYDN 14m14 minutes ago
The mystery is over: Tom Brady will be present for Super Bowl MVP pre-game ceremony Sunday. No Deflategate protest. Good move by him.

The mystery is over: Tom Brady will be present for Super Bowl MVP pre-game ceremony Sunday. No Deflategate protest. Good move by him.

I said yesterday there was no way in hell he was going.

I also said the Pats were going to smoke Denver. LOL.

Tom took the high road. Part of me wishes he'd stay home as a symbol of defiance but I get it.

He deserves the accolades and recognition as one of the baddest m-fers in Super Bowl history.

There is something to be said for not giving the bastards the satisfaction.

I want to see him there ... and he is going.....great he's earned it.

Last edited:
I said yesterday there was no way in hell he was going.

I also said the Pats were going to smoke Denver. LOL.

Tom took the high road. Part of me wishes he'd stay home as a symbol of defiance but I get it.

He deserves the accolades and recognition as one of the baddest m-fers in Super Bowl history.

There is something to be said for not giving the bastards the satisfaction.

True. But I bet the boos will be heard. I dunno. I'm torn. Guess it doesn't bother me either way. I'm not him.

No bleepin' way.

image_4.jpeg

No. He needs the rest.

Heck NO !!

Ya, no.....

I do not think he will attend unless he is playing in one IMHO!

tom will get booed by all of the bronco douchebags in attendance so no...

I'd say no. He has said more than once in the past that he won't go to the Superbowl unless he's in it as it's too depressing for him. He has extra motivation this year not to do anything for the NFL. Some relative in Brazil will be getting married that weekend for sure.

I doubt he goes. He probably doesn't want to go anywhere near the Broncos defense.

As people have said Montana and Bradshaw didn't go to the same event for SB 40, and no one remembers.
I think too much is being made of this.
Do you honestly think fans are going to be upset if he doesn't go?
I can't imagine an impact on sponsors, and I can't understand why Tom Brady would care about any impact on sponsors if there was one.
His place in history is already solidified with or without waving to a crowd in SF.

Do you people ever get tired of being wrong?

Yeah I know its a messsgeboard, blah blah blah

You really shouldn't blah blah blah over the only relevant part of your post. It's a message board, people give their opinions. Relax.

Do you people ever get tired of being wrong?
And that's really a lot of quoting just to tell people their opinions were "wrong." Which in most cases they weren't, they were expressing their feelings on the subject.

Would have supported him either way. Him choosing to go gives his douche nozzle critics nothing to complain about...for now.

tom will also be at the nfl honors show with goodell??? i hope he enjoys being ridiculed by the host for goodell's/the leagues amusement.
tom will also get booed loudly by all of the bronco/panthers fans...

tb12 should stay at home...with his family. **** the league

this is so disappointing.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back