PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady ends his career as a Pat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do You Think Brady Ends His Career A Pat ?

The next career

It's hard to say. Brady seems to be the type of guy more interested in winning championships than in playing for money or personal stats; that would indicate to me that if his skills started to erode he would simply retire before BB cut or traded him. On the other hand this off-season he said something along the lines of wanting to play another ten years; obviously a lot could change between now and then, but Belichick has proven he does not get sentimental about keeping any player.

My guess is that if it reached a point where Brady was still trying to play but BB wanted to move on, he'd pull him aside and tell Brady his skills weren't what they once were, and try to convince him to retire. That's probably what happened with Rodney and Bruschi, and that's my guess as to what will eventually happen with Brady.

:rofl: I've seen you say some pretty borderline ******ed stuff on here, but this takes the cake. Randy Moss is garbage? Wes Welker is garbage? Ben Watson is garbage? Has Maroney been playing like garbage lately? Do yourself a favor and root for the Lions for a month. It'll give you perspective that you never even knew you had.

Maybe he was going back to the Gaffney/Eyes Wide Shut years? :ugh:

I hope he does, but you never know. Even the great Joe Montana went on to end his career with a different team.

If we use Montana as an example, then it's not a bad thing for the Patriots. It would mean the Patriots have someone like Steve Young kicking Brady to the curb.

I think Brady finishes his career with SF, who knows that team may have a good nucleus in 4-5 yrs. He's accomplished everything in his career he could want to as a Pat. Boston can be a confining place especially when you are so well-known--I believe Brady had to move out of Boston this past year b/c of paparrazzi. I think he'll want to move closer out to family and end his career next to home. As far as how long he'll play with them...I'd say 3 years, like Montana did with KC . San Fran is not a bad place to live by the way either. Plus he can go out in public and just chill out unlike in Boston where he can't be seen at all.

I doubt it like someone posted earlier at the end of his career i think he goes to another team for a couple of years like Montana.

I have no idea. He'll be 34 at the beginning of his next contract year unless they restructure and renegotiate this spring.

A lot depends on his health; most folks who watch Brady closely seem to feel he's playing hurt now, but because of the Pats' secrecy we really don't know what his injuries are. In any event, he's taking a lot of hits and has already survived one major injury.

Every QB's longevity is different.

SB era HOF QB's have generally retired somewhere between the ages of 34/35 (Aikman, Bradshaw, Griese, Namath) and 40 (Dawson, Jurgensen, Unitas). The average retirement age for SB era QB's in the HOF is 37.5. Moon was an exception, playing until he was 44 and it looks like Favre is trying to rival him.

Few play at the very highest level into their late 30's or beyond, with Elway the exception and Favre trying to surpass his accomplishment by winning an SB in his 40's. (Montana retired at 38 and had a good two final years, making the Pro Bowl and taking his team to the Conference Championship Game in his next to last season).

Aikman won his last Super Bowl at the age of 29, Bradshaw at 31, Montana at 33 and Elway at 38, the oldest of the HOF QB's to win a Super Bowl so far. The average age at which an SB Era HOF QB won his last Super Bowl is 32.3, with the range from Namath (24) to Elway (38).

The only HOF QB's to win a Super Bowl past the age of 33 were Dawson (34), Staubach (35), Unitas (37) and Elway (38).

So, you can read the glass as either half empty or half full and it clearly is 100% dependent on the health and physiology of the individual.

So, without enough information, I'd just guess that the Krafts would offer him a contract through 2014 or 2015, when he'd be 37 or 38, which would be a four or five year extension (minus one if there's a strike). Brady says he wants to play until he's 40 or 41, so that might not be what he's looking for. We can't know.

I also don't know the kind of money they would offer; I do know that the Krafts aren't sentimental about how they pay their players, so I think we can be certain they won't offer him a "thanks for the memories" contract.

The question will be whether he's worth more and for a longer tenure to another team than the value and longevity the Krafts assess. I used to think it was a slam dunk that he'd stay with Belichick and an organization that he knows is committed to winning, but now I just don't know.

Good that everyone still thinks Brady is in his prime.

I'm not really sure why you hilighted my post, then said this... In fact, I don't think I ever mention TB's prime at all. I just mentionned that I think he's still worth having around for the forseeable future, and that I figure some team out there will want to overpay for him in his later years, hoping for a B. Favre-Minny type situation.

If they continue to put garbage around him, he will leave. Brady does not need BB to win a super bowl.
Congratulations, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Far and away, the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted on this board, and that covers some territory. Well done.

No, he should head to greener pastures with the remaining years of his career. He will not be a Brett Farve playing into his 40s. The Patriots are in need of a rebuild from the coaching staff down. The Patriot's could pick up some valuable picks and players for Tom while he still have value. It's a new era of football. The teams that fail to accept this will be like the Dolphins saddled with Dan Marino at the end of his career.

Last edited:

Congratulations, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Far and away, the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted on this board, and that covers some territory. Well done.

Maybe he means a garbage coaching staff that can't do anything other than fullback dives or maroney up the middle or moss on a go pattern where brady overthrows him by 5 yards. Let's go 5 wide, see if we can fool the defense, it's not like they know it's a pass or anything.

Plus the defense is plan vanilla, prevent the long ball give up the 10 yard out all day. Great plan, it's how manning and brees and orton eat them alive. Actually blown coverage helped brees too.

Brady will probably end his career playing for a team on the west coast ,especially the California teams.

Brady a Raider?...:eek::eek:

More likely the Niners or the soon to be the Los Angeles Jaguars :)

If they continue to put garbage around him, he will leave. Brady does not need BB to win a super bowl.
Wearing a helmut while riding on one of those small bus's bring back memories? Not that that would be bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Pats are going to keep trying to groom Brady's replacement. At some point, if they have a Cassell-quality guy, they'll keep him over Brady. But that point is probably 5 or so years off.

If they strike gold and have a Steve Young kind of guy, they might keep him over Brady even sooner -- but that's not Hoyer, so it couldn't happen at the earliest for 2-3 years.

The combination of arrogance and ignorance increasingly exhibited on this board as a Patriots decade of dominance winds down is almost mindboggling. Trolls make more sense talking about this team than some of the local disenchanted posters. Honestly, you guys should just go find some other unfortunate team to follow...

As for Brady, he will retire a Patriot because legacy matters to him. Ditto Belichick. And for that matter legacy matters to Kraft, who isn't going to screw his team up by trying to find the next hot thing. GB had no intention of doing that either until Favre forced their hand REPEATEDLY. And even then they tried to buy the SOB off.

Both Tom and Bill will leave on their own terms and probably a year before they truly should because neither is looking to pad their stats or their bank account nor do they have an insatiable ego that can't survive absent constant stroking. It's all about winning to them and if they can't perform to that level any longer or if they lose the drive and fire to they will move on graciously to the next chapter in their lives.

The combination of arrogance and ignorance increasingly exhibited on this board as a Patriots decade of dominance winds down is almost mindboggling. Trolls make more sense talking about this team than some of the local disenchanted posters. Honestly, you guys should just go find some other unfortunate team to follow...

As for Brady, he will retire a Patriot because legacy matters to him. Ditto Belichick. And for that matter legacy matters to Kraft, who isn't going to screw his team up by trying to find the next hot thing. GB had no intention of doing that either until Favre forced their hand REPEATEDLY. And even then they tried to buy the SOB off.

Both Tom and Bill will leave on their own terms and probably a year before they truly should because neither is looking to pad their stats or their bank account nor do they have an insatiable ego that can't survive absent constant stroking. It's all about winning to them and if they can't perform to that level any longer or if they lose the drive and fire to they will move on graciously to the next chapter in their lives.

Brady says he wants to play for another ten years, and, if he's still healthy at that point, he wants to keep playing.

As long as he feels he's capable of playing, he will. I can't see New England trading him away except under extraordinary circumstances.

Brady will probably end his career playing for a team on the west coast ,especially the California teams.

Brady a Raider?...:eek::eek:

More likely the Niners or the soon to be the Los Angeles Jaguars :)

Brady is a devoted family man. I think he may very well ask to be traded

to San Francisco or Oakland in the next year or so. This way he could

be close to his folks and his oldest son.

Brady is a devoted family man. I think he may very well ask to be traded

to San Francisco or Oakland in the next year or so. This way he could

be close to his folks and his oldest son.

His folks maintain dual residences these days. His dad opened an office of his business in Boston. Two of his sisters have lived here for years now. Jack's maternal grandparents live in East Longmeadow, and Bridget grew up here and still divides her time between east and west coasts. If Tom worked out there and she got a gig filming in NY he'd face the same situation in reverse...Giselle's folks still live in Brazil but I don't expect the Bundchen-Brady's to relocate there any time soon. Tom and Bridget worked out their custody a while ago and Jack is here often, probably courtesy of his grandmothers logging frequent flyer miles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye